What will happen in 2012

bblankfein

Hello.

I am interested in 2012, notably - the Mayan prophecy about the end of the world 12.21.2012. Many people talk about it now, besides, the movie comes out soon. I'm interested to read something about it. Disclosing this theme.

Advise me some articles please.

Thank you

Hello.

I am interested in 2012, notably - the Mayan prophecy about the end of the world 12.21.2012. Many people talk about it now, besides, the movie comes out soon. I'm interested to read something about it. Disclosing this theme.

Thank you

The Mayans made no such prophecy.

All that happens with the Mesoamerican Mayan long-count calendar is that the 13th B'ak'tun ends and the 14th B'ak'tun begins.

The movie, on the other hand, looks like it'll be usual Roland Emmerich fare: Total fantasy with little care for reality, but rather fun despite that.

What will happen in 2012? London will host a moderately successful Olympics, but people will complain about the weather, the high cost of accomodation and inadequate transport facilities.

Meanwhile conspiracy merchants. doomsayers, the intellectually stunted, and those who prey on the foregoing will be searching out the next 'plausible' End-of-the-World scenario. My advice is get in early, identify it quickly and make a packet!

In 2012, reality will provide us with yet more evidence regarding how wrong prophecies are, and how silly people are for buying into such tripe.

I wholly buy into the idea that Stone's prediction of "vertical" tasting events will come true.

I predict that a group of people who, in the circumstances ought to say "Oh Shucks! I was wrong" will say "The scriptures have been misunderstood ; the world is meant to end on..." and will set a date at some point between, say, 2012 and 2030.

I predict that I will be well and trully pissed off with the olympics because, while I understand that some people like to prove that they are, for example, the fastest runner in the world, I don't understand why they think I should care.

Hello.

Thank you

Wow, you'd think a list of debunked Apocalyptic Predictions a mile long would simply sprout up with a few deft keystrokes but... this all I got.

http://www.2think.org/hundredsheep/skeptic/old.shtml

I predict that I will be well and trully pissed off with the olympics because, while I understand that some people like to prove that they are, for example, the fastest runner in the world, I don't understand why they think I should care.

Your country...forces you to watch the Olympics or something?

I don't see how them competing in sports impacts you in any way, shape, or form.

I don't see how them competing in sports impacts you in any way, shape, or form.

John Cuthber is a Brit.

The opening ceremony will be compared with the remarkable last opening ceremony. It's a safe bet (prediction) that all us Brits are in for a huge embarrasment. Our politicians are in charge, we are already in national debt to the tune of £20,000 per person (including children) soon we will add to that the losses on the olympics, it will not just impact on us, it will pound us into the ground.

I predict that in 2012

• The US will elect a Democrat or Republican as President.
  • A political scandal will take place somewhere in the world.
  • A famous celebrity will die. News agencies will cover this death to death.
  • The year will end on December 31.

I will of course accept cash contributions in recognition of these amazing prognostic capabilities.

Do you really not see how cluttering up the 5 terestrial TV chennels with pictures of people running round in circles impacts on me, or did you just not think very hard before you posted that?

Anyway I predict that in 2012 Christmass and New year will fall in the same year.

Narrator: There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy FTW.

Do you really not see how cluttering up the 5 terestrial TV chennels with pictures of people running round in circles impacts on me, or did you just not think very hard before you posted that?

Anyway I predict that in 2012 Christmass and New year will fall in the same year.

OH NO!! One week-long event occupying my TV channels!!! Run for the hills!!

I mean really. I pretty much hate the Olympics too, but I'm not going to complain about them doing it for a week every four freakin' years. Have some modicum of respect for your fellow humans and their aspirations.

When nothing is on TV, I play Halo. I study. I do my homework. Sometimes I get caught up on some intern-ish stuff I'm doing. I watch movies, go out with friends, and if I had a lady-friend, I might spend some time with her.

There is a plethora of things going on besides what's on the TV. I'm not saying the converage is ridiculous (it is), I'm saying that you really need to lighten up and let other people show off their life work for one week every four years! Is that too much to ask for?