RIP Michael Jackson

ecoli

So Michael is an Icon, big deal.

With his fame and the end to life comes, He dies just like you and I when we take our Last Ghasp of air and drift off into unconciousness.

He needs a resting place in Egypt in Valley of The Kings to be preserved for a thousand years.

Say what you want about his weird lifestyle and alleged pedophilia-type behavior. I have and always loved his music. RIP to an American hero/legend.

:-(

Agreed, although while Off the Wall was good and Thriller was solid gold (or should I just say multi-platinum) only about half of Bad was worth listening to and Dangerous had one listenable song. The rest of his material is not worth mentioning.

That said...

If they say...

Why, why...

Tell 'em that it's human nature

Why, why...

does he do me that way

I liked much of his music, some was great some was mediocre. His dance moves were wild, the moon walk was fantastic the first time I saw it. To be fair he was never convicted of child abuse and the people who accused him were somewhat less than believable since they settled for money out of court. If it had been my child all the money in the universe wouldn't have been enough. The people who accused him were found to be less than truthful and simply money grubbing. Did he do it, if he did it he was stupid beyond belief since some one as rich as him could have bought what he wanted for almost nothing compared to what it cost him in out of court settlements. personally I have to assume innocence since he was never convicted. Would I have let my children go with him, no, but then again i wouldn't have let my children go with anyone i didn't really know much less some one as obviously nuts as he was. He was a great talent and it is always bad to see a human being of such talent fade into death. Hero, maybe not, but his talent cannot be denied

• 2 weeks later...

Did you hear that Jackson is going to be cremated? It turns out that once all of the plastic in his body melts, they're going to make toys out of it, and then kids will finally be able to touch and play with him instead of the other way around.

Since when did America get children drunk on wine and touch them in their special place? Damn... I hate analogies like this which fail so quickly.

Also, WTF does it mean for us to moon walk? Are you saying we faked the moon landing?

Since when did America get children drunk on wine and touch them in their special place? Damn... I hate analogies like this which fail so quickly.

Also, WTF does it mean for us to moon walk? Are you saying we faked the moon landing?

I'm guessing you've not heard of MK ULTRA...

As for the moon walk, you have a point. Although, I think MJ's was far more cost effective.

Analogies are never perfect.

believe anyone who dies deserve some respect if they hadnt really killed anyone or done something of the sort ,humans do have false afterall.

I'm so sick of hearing phrases like this. Dying does not suddenly make everybody a good person.

I'm so sick of hearing phrases like this. Dying does not suddenly make everybody a good person.

No, it certainly was not sudden. His great musical feats were accomplished over a span of 40+ years.

But certainly the greatest entertainer of all time, at least of you go by sales, #1 hits, etc., deserves the period immediately following his death as a time of respect. Much lesser people deserve at least that.

The late Father of Sexology and Johns Hopkins Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry and Pediatrics Dr. John Money described the phenomenon of "pedophilic genius," giving as examples Lewis Carroll (author of Alice in Wonderland) and J.M. Barrie (of Peter Pan) whose love of children inspired them to create their masterpieces which in turn have inspired many succeeding generations of children.

It is fairly clear that MiJac was both a pedophile and a genius, but does he qualify for Money's category? It would need to be established that his love of boys is what inspired his artistic creations. There is evidence in the abundance of his productions featuring boys as actors, singers, and dancers, e.g. the "Black or White" video featuring 13-year-old Macaulay Culkin, and his cover song "Ben," from the movie about a boy and his pet rat, so I would have to conclude that yes, he does.

Ref.: "Pedophilia: A Special Instance of New Phylism Theory as Applied to Paraphilic Lovemaps," Money, J., in Pedophilia: Biosocial Dimensions, Jay. R. Feierman, Ed.

So, it turns out that the death of Michael Jackson is Farrah Fawcett's fault. When she died, and went up to heaven, god told her that she could have one wish, and asked her what that was. She thought about it for a moment, and then said to god that she wanted all of the children of the world to be safe. Then, at that very moment, Michael Jackson passed away.

Sorry, I thought this was a scientific forum.

How can I get there?

This website as a whole IS a science discussion forum, but this particular topic bucket (the specific forum within the SFN site in which this thread about Michael Jackson was opened) is "General Discussion."

It's neat, because we discuss "general" things. :eek:

You can find more science related discussions here:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/

Enjoy.

Sorry, I thought this was a scientific forum.

How can I get there?

don't look in general discussion for one. general discussion topics do not need to be science based. pretty much everything bar this section has something to do with science, not hard to find.