If you accept the mission...

GutZ

Hypothetical...and no talk about whether they exists (I personally don't, but pretend with me)

Say an alien race did exist, and they came down from "where ever". They tell you (somehow) that you are choosen to rule the planet. They are sick of all the BS (yeah movie-esque) that goes on and they feel you have the ability to get the world on track for the best suitable advancement and best possible life for every single human being and animal.

These crazy aliens, they have the firepower to back you up. I mean they can take out a continent within 3 seconds.

1) Do you accept the mission.

2) How do you plan to make the world as perfect as humanly possible?

ex. Do you allow wars to happen? Are you going to implement different systems?

Remember this isn't a democracy so you don't have to appeal to any group or being.

Your job is to basically make the best possible scenario for life on earth.

Aside from granting me the ability to annihilate whomever I choose and thus basically hold the entire world at gunpoint, can these aliens help out in other ways? Or am I limited to giving human beings orders and working with whatever we already have?

Four New Rules:

1. We're now on the "Friend Standard" economy. Your wealth depends on how many people like you.

2. Everyone has to wear a name tag ("Hi, My Name Is BOB").

3. No weapons allowed that are more sophisticated than were available in the 13th century.

4. War is allowed, but before you kill an enemy soldier, you have to call him by name ("Take THAT, Bob!").

Four New Rules:

1. We're now on the "Friend Standard" economy. Your wealth depends on how many people like you.

2. Everyone has to wear a name tag ("Hi, My Name Is BOB").

3. No weapons allowed that are more sophisticated than were available in the 13th century.

4. War is allowed, but before you kill an enemy soldier, you have to call him by name ("Take THAT, Bob!").

Good rules Bob. Just for clarification; when releasing a stone from a catapult into a mob of Bob's, would "Take THAT, Bob's!" be appropriate?

I would immediately start making demands to the aliens to get more help, more resources and more knowledge.

If they are that motivated to get me to rule the world, then I am in a good position for negotiations.

With sufficient knowledge and resources, I'd simply bribe the earth's population into submission. (Stuff like: Petabyte cd's with thousands of movies, free beer and a 3-day weekend)...

Ruling the world is ultimately an engineer's job. It's about efficiency, and making sure who does what. With alien warp-speed super-knowledge, that's a piece of cake.

Aside from granting me the ability to annihilate whomever I choose and thus basically hold the entire world at gunpoint, can these aliens help out in other ways? Or am I limited to giving human beings orders and working with whatever we already have?

No, these aliens are bored and they really don't feel like doing a lot of work. This is mere entertainment for them. Hense they don't mind to test out their weapons of mass destruction. They are not perfect themselves....It seems impossible to rid one self from primitive root.

or at least that what they say.....

Phiforall: How does that make the world better?!?!? besides helping people with poor memory. I like rules 1 and 3 though.

Severian atleast started on the road to change.

Remember politicial correctness is not needed. You can do whatever you like. I want to see if there is a way to do better without rules and regulations.

I want to see if freedom is really worth what we give it. What we would have to suffer to get the best possible life on earth, and if out current direction is the best possible way.

You have to admit we are limited in what we can do by the rules we set, and I understand the social reasoning for them, but you know, we have a tendency to be comfy with a specific way of life, regardless if its for the best.

We have so many possible paths. lets hear some without fear of being seen as a monster. Just prepare I might call you on out of a pure knee-jerk reaction...and then pretend it never happened.

-----------------------------------------------------

My personal view, no matter how ruthless I am I still have the problem of allocating resources fairly. There is no based idea that would grant a perfect life style because no matter what someone will not be happy with something.

Like even if I killed off everyone with less intelligence than...well let's say...."me" (good standard right) and we work into creating a society based on logic and reasoning, scientificially advance race with the ability to create natural resources from pure energy...(we would call it the "materializer") we still have the problem with jobs because people get bored, and how do we limit people on what they can "materialize".

****ing human nature....I guess I could engineer us all to not be so fricking greedy.

Edited by GutZ

The soldier doesn't have to personally inform Bob's family of the death?
Nah, if you can kill him after talking to him and using his name, I don't want you talking to his family.

Good rules Bob. Just for clarification; when releasing a stone from a catapult into a mob of Bob's, would "Take THAT, Bob's!" be appropriate?
Well, only if they're ALL named Bob (note to military: avoid grouping soldiers of the same name). In most cases, you have to call out each individual name (which should give them enough time to move out of the way of your catapult).

Phiforall: How does that make the world better?!?!? besides helping people with poor memory.
It gives a name to every face, with the idea in mind that much injustice is done because it's anonymous. And with Rule #1 in place, you're richer if you make friends with someone than if you rip them off.

I like rules 1 and 3 though.
Good, but you'd better find a way to like 2 and 4 also. Break the Rules, meet the aliens ("Hi, My Name Is VOGZPLAT").

Good, but you'd better find a way to like 2 and 4 also. Break the Rules, meet the aliens ("Hi, My Name Is VOGZPLAT").

Damn, I missed that angle.

I change my story....I am good good friends with aliens...so I don't die ever. lol

Now I am solid!

Since the superior aliens picked me, then my genes must be important. Therefore, effective immediately, project spread my spermia will take place. I will start with supermodels and other beautiful women and move on from there. It will be very hard work, but I must succeed. Yes I can!

Id take out kim jong ill first.
Congratulations, you've just unleashed 23 million refugees on the Asian Pacific Rim. Due to the fact that many have the same name, you have just created a target-ripe environment for enemy catapults ("Hi, My Name Is KIM". "Take THAT, Kim!").

Congratulations, you've just unleashed 23 million refugees on the Asian Pacific Rim. Due to the fact that many have the same name, you have just created a target-ripe environment for enemy catapults ("Hi, My Name Is KIM". "Take THAT, Kim!").

The catapult aspect is unsettling, but aren't North Koreans basically in a refugee camp as it is? Conditions are horrible there - it's just currently since the rest of the Asian Pacific Rim can't do much to help them, they aren't anyone's problem.

Not that I am saying taking the guy out right now is the best idea - just saying the humanitarian disaster already exists.

The catapult aspect is unsettling, but aren't North Koreans basically in a refugee camp as it is? Conditions are horrible there - it's just currently since the rest of the Asian Pacific Rim can't do much to help them, they aren't anyone's problem.

Not that I am saying taking the guy out right now is the best idea - just saying the humanitarian disaster already exists.

Under my Rule #1, if you do something to help them, you stand to make 23 million new friends, so you could be the new Bill Gates.