Do something about Google Ads!!!

mooeypoo

I'm not sure which was better... Ben Stein's Expelled ad appearing on every evolution page, or the scientology one appearing on every mental disorder page.

Ah... I see... The scientology one actually appears on most pages referencing science. My bad. :D

The only big problem with this whole thing is that blike probably needs this money for server upkeep... <sigh> damn scientologists.

We should also think of more ways to earn the upkeep of the server, upgrades, etc.. Google ads pays by click, I think, so swansont is right: we should LOOK for these annoying organizations and click on them, so at least if they pay, they pay us. :P

~moo

sooner send a cheque direct to blike than look at that lamebrain scientology-cult bullshit ;)

I shudder to think what poor Old Mother Hubbard must think of her son L. Ron`s activities!

That his intellectual cupboard was bare, perhaps.

This is the only website I whitelist in Adblock, actually.

We ought to set up a donation system for those of you who block ads and feel guilty about it. (You should feel guilty.)

Why? They only generate revenue if we click on them. Are you saying we should feel guilty for not looking at them or for not looking at them and clicking on them?

sooner send a cheque direct to blike than look at that lamebrain scientology-cult bullshit ;)

I shudder to think what poor Old Mother Hubbard must think of her son L. Ron`s activities!

My son was up there with Moses?? :)

I ... have one thing to say about this one: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

AAAAAA!!!

sfn-scientology.gif

That really sucks.

The only ads I get are for nano-technology and science programs which are tolerable.

I like the irony of the potential for revenue being extracted from such ads. Click on them. Death by a thousand cuts!

Yup. They'd like it less than we do. Here their precious cult will only get mocked, not new members.

Of course, by actually making a thread about scientology, we are actually increasing the odds that someone will stumble upon this website when searching for scientology.

The only big problem with this whole thing is that blike probably needs this money for server upkeep... <sigh> damn scientologists.
Heh. I've often wondered if we should move to a donation only system. It doesn't cost much to keep us running. I hate ads as much as the next guy, which is why they're limited to up top. Block them if that's your thing.