What's Your Favourite Comfort food?

aj47

What are all of your favourite comfort foods? By comfort food I mean something which is easy to make, usually unhealthy, you can eat at anytime of the day, and never get bored of.

For me it has to be...

1) Baked beans (hot or cold depending how lazy you feel) with pesto, cheese, a bit of vinegar, some cut up processed ham, and copious amounts of cajun spice.

or...

2) Pitta bread with tomato puree, chopped up garlic, HP sauce and cheddar cheese, all put under the grill.

or...

3)The humble noodles and ketchup

*popcorn, potato chips (always Poors Brothers brand), spicy mustard-pretzals, or Cheetos

*beef jerky and snack sausages (like Slim-Jims), pickles, pickled vegetables, olives and snack peppers (jalepeno, banana peppers, pepperoncinis)

*most type of barfood snacks; cheddar-pepper-poppers, onion rings, curly-fries, buffalo-chicken, cheesy-bacon potato-skins, fried cheese, etc

Nacho's, with spicy beef and cheese on top, sour cream and guacomole...heaven, usually ordered down the pub, but I've got the cumin and paprika ratio down if I want to make my own.

Grilled, cheese and marmite on toast...the marmite bubbles (uber-savoury.)

In fact a whole myriad of cheese on toast variations...pepperoni, grilled bacon, onion and pepper, triple cheese, chiles (been growing some red savina, can't wait to try them out) all with a delicate blend of herbs and spices.

The trusty baguette, which is what I usually eat at work, BLT, coronation chicken and chicken tikka being some of my favourites.

1) Natchos with loads of fresh chili rings and tons of melted cheese ontop.

2) as above with extra chilis and a green salsa.

3) plain boiled rice with a hunk of salted butter ontop

4) Chips (french fries cut thick) with melted cheese in a bowl then filled with Gravy.

5) chilis stuffed with cheese and/or meat and then put in the oven until cooked.

TOAST!

Toast with butter, toast with jam, toast with marmite, toast dripping with butter and marmite, toast with nutella, cheese on toast, cheese toastie sandwiches, cheese and ham toasties, cheese and marmite toasties, cheese and chillie sauce toasties.

Mmmmm. I think I have a bit of carb craving. Other comfort foods include anything chocolate (obviously) and cake. I love cake. Mmmmmm.

*popcorn' date=' potato chips (always Poors Brothers brand), spicy mustard-pretzals, or Cheetos

*beef jerky and snack sausages (like Slim-Jims), pickles, pickled vegetables, olives and snack peppers (jalepeno, banana peppers, pepperoncinis)

*most type of barfood snacks; cheddar-pepper-poppers, onion rings, curly-fries, buffalo-chicken, cheesy-bacon potato-skins, fried cheese, etc[/quote']

no grapefruit?!?!!!

no grapefruit?!?!!!
I left out the fruit due to their healthiness, but yeah, grapefruit, grapes, blackberries, kiwis, and pomegranate seed. And while we're at that, also celery, carrots and especially radishes.

I would like to add artichoke and nachos to my former list, and point out that when I say chips I mean the american sense of the word / crisps :)

Ick ick ick

Peanut butter is possibly the most horrid food in the world. There is just something about it (possibly it's similar look to poo!) that makes me squick.

If your poo looks like peanut butter perhaps you should go see a doctor.

See that is why peanut butter is the wrongest thing ever. It doesn't even look like healthy poo.

uh huh. you mean it doesn't look like poo at all. in fact, it looks like a paste made out of nuts (peanuts before anyone makes an innuendo).

See that is why peanut butter is the wrongest thing ever. It doesn't even look like healthy poo.

Sorry sophster, but I'm going to have to retract the goddess remark I made earlier...peanut butter is the food of the gods, but then again so is marmite and cheese toasties, dammit this thread's confusing !!!