Science is science. The truth is only one.

2 hours ago, dimreepr said:

I'm too lazy to work hard, but I can think of a million ways to make work easier

It’s often said that lazy people make the best engineers as they look for simpler quicker solutions 

10 hours ago, dimreepr said:

So why do you call them, them?

Them = autism spectrum conditions like aspergers or PDD. I'm not referring to people but to diagnoses, so them is appropriate. It's not my intent to other anyone or refer to them as being anything less than human. Even if I was still talking about a group of people, I still don't see why you'd be annoyed at me using the word "them" in discussion. "I call them a bunch of assholes" "I call them awesome". "them" isn't the problematic part, how you talk about "them" is. 

19 hours ago, Markus Hanke said:

Yes, that’s a good point. I think there’s no objective measure for this - normal is what accords to the general consensus of what constitutes normality, so it’s down to who is in the majority. It’s a numbers game.

It's even worse than a numbers game, since nobody actually knows what the numbers are. The assumption is that the majority of people who have never entered into the psychiactric diagnostic process and have not had their brains scanned, make up the group that is known as neurotypicals/normal people. When all that can really be known about this group, is that their neurological and psychological states are as yet undetermined. 

14 hours ago, MSC said:

Them = autism spectrum conditions like aspergers or PDD. I'm not referring to people but to diagnoses, so them is appropriate.

It wasn't a criticism it was an observation, but however you spin it them = people.

14 hours ago, MSC said:

I still don't see why you'd be annoyed at me using the word "them" in discussion. "I call them a bunch of assholes" "I call them awesome". "them" isn't the problematic part, how you talk about "them" is.

Because it's subconsciously dividing people, it's not about how you talk about them, we can all hide our feelings when them is bigger than us, it's about how we think about other people; it's easy to call them assholes, when everyone else does. Like I said it's an insidious word/concept.

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

It wasn't a criticism it was an observation, but however you spin it them = people.

Not really.

Them 

=

used as the object of a verb or preposition to refer to two or more people or things previously mentioned or easily identified.
"I watched the kids and read them stories"
"I picked up some rocks and threw them in the river"
1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

Because it's subconsciously dividing people, it's not about how you talk about them, we can all hide our feelings when them is bigger than us, it's about how we think about other people; it's easy to call them assholes, when everyone else does. Like I said it's an insidious word/concept.

Except there I was not talking about people I was talking about concepts. Also you literally weren't able to make your point, without using the word "them" in the same way except you were referring to people. I also didn't call anyone an asshole that was just an example to try to illustrate to you that your language policing just does not make sense here. Them is not a dirty word and my usage of it in no way speaks to any hidden ill will I have towards anyone. 

On 3/26/2024 at 1:30 PM, dimreepr said:

Looks like you didn't read the thread, oh the irony... 🙄 

You do a 'Too long didn't read' then. I just read the Thread OP 1st post just now and I can't make head to tail of it.

3 hours ago, dimreepr said:

Ironic, considering "them" was originally used properly in context until you broadened the definition to include the us/them divide, then denounced it as divisive. It's insidious how you weaponized a pronoun.