Entanglement can be demonstrated by measuring the spin of a photon

Paulsrocket

3 hours ago, Paulsrocket said:

There are actually people who believe whatever they hear on the news and that know that the government never lies to the people.  Many of these people still believe that microwaves cook food from the inside out.  3 minutes after I plugged in my first microwave oven, I knew that everyone was lied too.  Why?  Now you may or may not be old enough to remember this lie, but I was taught in the 6th grade that microwave ovens are great because they cook food from the inside out.  That teacher was a zombie just repeating nonsense, and she taught math as well

This has nothing whatever to do with the point at issue. The entanglement experiment has been done. Nobody is going to lie about that. 

Edited by exchemist

11 minutes ago, exchemist said:

This has nothing whatever to do with the point at issue. The entanglement experiment has been done. Nobody is going to lie about that. If you think they are lying, I suggest psychiatric help. 

In other words you do not know either.  LOL they also invented a vaccine for covid that everyone was required to get, or you would not be able to shop for food, or work. I actually retired rather than get a phony vaccine like you chose to get. All lies as the CDC now claims that 58% of covid deaths come to fully vaxxed fools, which is why the mandate was lifted. https://www.businesstoday.in/coronavirus/story/58-of-americans-dying-due-to-covid-19-were-either-vaccinated-or-boosted-report-354161-2022-11-25

But you keep right on believing everything that you are told

Edited by Paulsrocket

40 minutes ago, Paulsrocket said:

So you can't answer the question.  At least you are honest

If only you were, then you could learn something.  It's a real shame IMO.

This is pointless.  To your credit you have been able to annoy me.👍

I'm out, have a good one.

9 minutes ago, Paulsrocket said:

I actually retired rather than get a phony vaccine like you chose to get.

🤣

OK, now I'm out, glad I checked one last time.  That's a hoot! 

15 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

If only you were, then you could learn something.  It's a real shame IMO.

This is pointless.  To your credit you have been able to annoy me.👍

I'm out, have a good one.

🤣

OK, now I'm out, glad I checked one last time.  That's a hoot! 

Actually, I taught myself to invest, and literally ended up with nothing but a bunch of apples, that keep splitting.  LOL how sad is that?

27 minutes ago, Paulsrocket said:

In other words you do not know either.  LOL they also invented a vaccine for covid that everyone was required to get, or you would not be able to shop for food, or work. I actually retired rather than get a phony vaccine like you chose to get. All lies as the CDC now claims that 58% of covid deaths come to fully vaxxed fools, which is why the mandate was lifted. https://www.businesstoday.in/coronavirus/story/58-of-americans-dying-due-to-covid-19-were-either-vaccinated-or-boosted-report-354161-2022-11-25

OK thanks for running up the Jolly Roger. Now we know what we are dealing with. Once again the Galileo Gambit proves to be an accurate litmus test.

If we ever have a thread on QAnon, we'll look forward to your contribution with  great interest 😄

I think we need to explain "you can't have your cake and eat it too".

2 hours ago, Paulsrocket said:

... So if detecting the photon destroys it, how is the state or spin confirmed of a no longer existing photon?  ...

Back on page 1 swansont told you "One way is to send it through a polarizing beam-splitter cube. If the polarization is in one direction it goes straight through. If it’s orthogonal it gets reflected. Knowing which way it goes tells you the polarization "

So you have detectors at different locations, corresponding to the outputs of the beam-splitter cube. Which detector detects the photon tells you the spin that that photon had.

So if detecting the photon destroys it, how is the state or spin confirmed of a no longer existing photon?  

Answer, it can't be confirmed, and science requires confirmation, not faith

I described this already.

46 minutes ago, exchemist said:

OK thanks for running up the Jolly Roger. Now we know what we are dealing with. Once again the Galileo Gambit proves to be an accurate litmus test.

If we ever have a thread on QAnon, we'll look forward to your contribution with  great interest 😄

LOL if you open up a thread on Trump having the JFK files and that the FBI didn't find them, let me know.

35 minutes ago, swansont said:

I described this already.

Really, you described how to recheck the spin of a no longer existing photon?  

2 minutes ago, iNow said:

Yawn

LOL, see even if Trump dies of natural causes on the golf course, the thumb drives with the JFK files hit the net.  Isn't that great?  and the swamp gets drained and everyone named Bush will move to Moscow for their own safety

4 hours ago, Carrock said:

Is the radio operator trusted not to make his own private copy? If not, whoever searches him when he leaves would need the same clearance as he might see a decrypted message.

Yes, all Navy radio operators are trusted, trained and fully vetted by the FBI, and have at least a TS-SCI clearance, this takes time.  So if a Navy radio operator is not trusted, they are not a radio operator in the Navy.

55 minutes ago, Paulsrocket said:

Really, you described how to recheck the spin of a no longer existing photon?  

You didn’t say re-check, you said confirm. The confirmation is with which instrument detects the photon. The photon no longer exists by the time you know this.

I have to say that your line of inquiry smacks of bad faith and has gotten rather tiresome. People have sincerely engaged with you and given you good information. Their reward has been a bunch of attitude. 

4 hours ago, Paulsrocket said:

Not everyone can get the TS-SCI level clearance to be in the radio room, or to be captain just as not everyone can do what my son does for Lockheed Martin.  My son went thru rigorous testing and passed, did you?

A win-win question from you.

It's in the public domain that Britain's Official Secrets Act is pretty draconian and signing it is for life, not just Christmas.

So if I answer 'no' I'm lying or telling the truth.

If I answer 'yes' I'm lying or breaking the Official Secrets Act.

A few people who had very high level clearance:

Burgess, Philby, MacLean, Blunt, Cairncross, Fuchs, Gold, Greenglass, Hall etc.

In case there is any truth in what you've said, this is my last post on this thread.

8 hours ago, Paulsrocket said:

I know it's off-topic, but I feel the need to say that the message of the article is for people to keep up-to-date with their COVID-19 booster shots, not that the COVID-19 vaccines do not work!

Edited by KJW

9 minutes ago, KJW said:

I know it's off-topic, but I feel the need to say that the message of the article is for people to keep up-to-date with their COVID-19 booster shots, not that the COVID-19 vaccines do not work!

Poor math and reading comprehension it seems. I.e. forgetting that more than 58% were vaccinated (i.e. the rate of deaths in vaccinated folks is disproportionately lower) and just a few lines further in the article it is even explained that the unvaccinated folks were at over 8-fold more likely to die.

While not tangential to OP, it suggest that the poster has a habit of either being very uninformed and/order argue in bad faith, as they obviously do not even read what they are linking.

20 hours ago, swansont said:

You didn’t say re-check, you said confirm. The confirmation is with which instrument detects the photon. The photon no longer exists by the time you know this.

I have to say that your line of inquiry smacks of bad faith and has gotten rather tiresome. People have sincerely engaged with you and given you good information. Their reward has been a bunch of attitude. 

So if you say there are two entangled photons, but the Nobel committee wants to confirm this, they can't because the evidence all vanished.  So how is peer review acted upon with vanished evidence?  Do you see an issue here?

Just now, Paulsrocket said:

So if you say there are two entangled photons, but the Nobel committee wants to confirm this, they can't because the evidence all vanished.  So how is peer review acted upon with vanished evidence?  Do you see an issue here?

The data gets recorded, so it has not vanished, and since one describes how the experiment is done, others can replicate it. 

The Nobel committee wouldn’t worry about photons being destroyed. They aren’t stupid.

14 hours ago, CharonY said:

Poor math and reading comprehension it seems. I.e. forgetting that more than 58% were vaccinated (i.e. the rate of deaths in vaccinated folks is disproportionately lower) and just a few lines further in the article it is even explained that the unvaccinated folks were at over 8-fold more likely to die.

While not tangential to OP, it suggest that the poster has a habit of either being very uninformed and/order argue in bad faith, as they obviously do not even read what they are linking.

The polio vaccine made 2 strains of polio extinct and another so rare that hospitals no longer have the iron lungs used to treat the disease because no one gets it.  This is how a vaccine works.  Your vaccine results in a higher death toll on the vaccinated than the non-vaccinated like me.  However you were an obedient child and did what your uncle sam demanded of you.  Note uncle sam gave up rather than come for me and my pals.  LOL the military said get vaccinated or you are out and a bunch of Navy seals went to the office and said give me my discharge papers because you are firing me.  The military shuddered at the prospect of needing to make cooks seals.  Then they saw it our way, as said already.

3 minutes ago, swansont said:

The data gets recorded, so it has not vanished, and since one describes how the experiment is done, others can replicate it. 

The Nobel committee wouldn’t worry about photons being destroyed. They aren’t stupid.

But the evidence always vanishes.  With that a prosecutor can never get a conviction.  The problem that I have is that I was not there, never reviewed the findings that are not made available and there is no evidence that an experiment ever happened.  If you say you recorded this post a photo now

14 hours ago, KJW said:

Why would anyone get a vaccine which increases one's chance of death from the disease?  Furthermore, the government gave up requiring this vaccine because it literally increases mortality

19 hours ago, Carrock said:

A win-win question from you.

It's in the public domain that Britain's Official Secrets Act is pretty draconian and signing it is for life, not just Christmas.

So if I answer 'no' I'm lying or telling the truth.

If I answer 'yes' I'm lying or breaking the Official Secrets Act.

A few people who had very high level clearance:

Burgess, Philby, MacLean, Blunt, Cairncross, Fuchs, Gold, Greenglass, Hall etc.

In case there is any truth in what you've said, this is my last post on this thread.

TS-SCI has nothing to do with the flooded British aircraft carrier, flying American jets.  It stands for, Top Secret, Secure Compartmented Information.

Nice job pretending to be a Britt, Fred

1 hour ago, Paulsrocket said:

Eh? Research is done all the time on transient phenomena. If there is doubt about the results, someone can repeat it to confirm it.

In science, what happens is that the researchers write up the experimental procedure and their findings in great detail, precisely so that it can be reviewed and challenged by suitably qualified people in the field, and so that other researchers can try to replicate it.

Here is a history of the first entanglement experiments: https://scitechdaily.com/first-experimental-proof-that-quantum-entanglement-is-real/   You will see from this that entanglement experiments have been done from as early as the 1970s. 

Edited by exchemist

10 minutes ago, exchemist said:

Eh? Research is done all the time on transient phenomena. If there is doubt about the results, someone can repeat it to confirm it.

In science, what happens is that the researchers write up the experimental procedure and their findings in great detail, precisely so that it can be reviewed and challenged by suitably qualified people in the field, and so that other researchers can try to replicate it.

Here is a history of the first entanglement experiments: https://scitechdaily.com/first-experimental-proof-that-quantum-entanglement-is-real/ 

One gets a clue about someone's mental age when they say " In science"  Did you replicate this experiment or do you just believe as you are told, like Hawking told you that nothing can escape a black hole, then a few years later he told you something totally different.  Which leaves you a 50/50 chance of choosing the right theory, and this will always be true unless you can enter a black hole and return with the real answer.  However I will accept your photo of 2 entangled particles miles away, and let you explain how the entanglement happens faster than light as claimed.  Just let me get some popcorn first.

PS. My net worth is in no way influenced by your approval of my portfolio.  So whether you believe and accept this, has no meaning.  The real difference between you and I is that you need the approval of others, and I say and do as I please which is the meaning of freedom

Edited by Paulsrocket

But the evidence always vanishes.  With that a prosecutor can never get a conviction. 

This isn’t a legal issue, it’s science

The problem that I have is that I was not there, never reviewed the findings that are not made available and there is no evidence that an experiment ever happened.  If you say you recorded this post a photo now

You’re suggesting that eyewitness testimony isn’t a thing in criminal prosecution, and nobody has been convicted because of it, which is an unserious argument.

17 minutes ago, Paulsrocket said:

One gets a clue about someone's mental age when they say " In science"  Did you replicate this experiment or do you just believe as you are told, like Hawking told you that nothing can escape a black hole, then a few years later he told you something totally different.  Which leaves you a 50/50 chance of choosing the right theory, and this will always be true unless you can enter a black hole and return with the real answer.  However I will accept your photo of 2 entangled particles miles away, and let you explain how the entanglement happens faster than light as claimed.  Just let me get some popcorn first.

PS. My net worth is in no way influenced by your approval of my portfolio.  So whether you believe and accept this, has no meaning.  The real difference between you and I is that you need the approval of others, and I say and do as I please which is the meaning of freedom

We've  been through the black hole thing. I pointed out there is no inconsistency in what Hawking said. But you've ignored it, being the aggressive and slightly mad idiot you clearly are.  

Enough of this tomfoolery.  

23 minutes ago, swansont said:

This isn’t a legal issue, it’s science

You’re suggesting that eyewitness testimony isn’t a thing in criminal prosecution, and nobody has been convicted because of it, which is an unserious argument.

So you accept science without evidence, just like you accepted that nothing could escape a black hole, until this was declared wrong.  So which is it, can nothing escape or does everything escapes via radiation.  Then science said that the universe was static, until more science said that it was all in motion.  So, it seems that reality in science, as you call it is more determined upon the time frame in which we live than in science itself.  

LOL, eyewitness testimony is actually evidence, unless you are claiming that you measured a thing that happens faster than light.  LOL again, how many eyewitnesses did the church provide proving that the Earth was the center of everything?  Those who disagreed were banned, canceled and hanged, the only reason that Galileo was spared is because the Pope liked the telescope, probably for peeping.

PS. You still have provided zero% of the evidence that you claim exist, which means that your belief is based in faith not photos or other real evidence.  Do tell us, what powers entanglement?  Have you ever ask yourself that?

Edited by Paulsrocket

14 minutes ago, Paulsrocket said:

So you accept science without evidence, just like you accepted that nothing could escape a black hole, until this was declared wrong.  So which is it, can nothing escape or does everything escape via radiation.  Then science said that the universe was static, until more science said that it was all in motion.  So, it seems that reality in science, as you call it is more determined upon the time frame in which we live than in science itself.  

Nothing can pass back across the event horizon, yet if small enough and thus hotter than the CMBR it can lose mass from "effectively" radiating from outside the event horizon.

This might seem like a contradiction to you. Quantum effects are not the most intuitive.

The polio vaccine made 2 strains of polio extinct and another so rare that hospitals no longer have the iron lungs used to treat the disease because no one gets it.  This is how a vaccine works.

This is how it can work,  but the key purpose is to prevent or at least reduce serious events. And so far, the only vaccine drive that managed to eradicated a diseases was for smallpox. Issues with administering or resistance to getting vaccinated have caused a resurgence of a range of diseases that have been near extinction. Similarly polio has been circulating for a while in New York, for example.

Your vaccine results in a higher death toll on the vaccinated than the non-vaccinated like me.

Math is hard, I get. If 80% of the population is vaccinated and in a pool of fatalities you find that 58% are vaccinated. Is that high or lower than the expected rate, if vaccines had no effect?

4 minutes ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

Nothing can pass back across the event horizon, yet if small enough and thus hotter than the CMBR it can lose mass from "effectively" radiating from outside the event horizon.

This might seem like a contradiction to you. Quantum effects are not the most intuitive.

So, if you do not accept Hawking radiation and the information paradox, then you are a science denier.  However your odds of being correct are still 50/50

Is Hawking radiation confirmed?

By using a chain of atoms to simulate a black hole's event horizon, researchers have shown that Hawking radiation may exist just as the late physicist described. Scientists have created a lab-grown black hole analog to test one of Stephen Hawking's most famous theories — and it behaves just how he predicted.Nov 30, 2022  Source Space.com
6 minutes ago, CharonY said:

This is how it can work,  but the key purpose is to prevent or at least reduce serious events. And so far, the only vaccine drive that managed to eradicated a diseases was for smallpox. Issues with administering or resistance to getting vaccinated have caused a resurgence of a range of diseases that have been near extinction. Similarly polio has been circulating for a while in New York, for example.

Math is hard, I get. If 80% of the population is vaccinated and in a pool of fatalities you find that 58% are vaccinated. Is that high or lower than the expected rate, if vaccines had no effect?

You misinterpreted the data, 58% of all the fatalities were fully vaccinated.  In the same time frame there were no polio fatalities to vaccinated individuals.  So get over it already, the government no longer mandates the FAILED vaccine, but you are free to wear that mask out of fear.  You may even get used to the people that laugh at you