The theory of revolution

kenjimckinstry

The object around a larger one depends on the gravity waves of the larger object. Every celestial object has gravity waves. Looking at Einstein's theory you can see it is true. It looks like the earth is actually in a groove of a gravity wave around the sun. The grooves are caused by the gravity waves of the sun. They are ripples that look like circles around a celestial object. Please tell me what you think. 

5 hours ago, kenjimckinstry said:

It actually does. f you look at this photo you can see you must add grooves to the waves. They are multiple circles around the earth. 

162571main_GPB_circling_earth3_516.jpg

What is depicted in that drawing is not waves but a static field or potential.  

Note that “gravity waves” has a specific meaning, and it’s not what is described here.

The “grooves” speculation can be tested by thinking about what would happen if a satellite were stationary. If there were grooves in the gravitational field, the object would remain, but we know it would fall towards the celestial object.

And there’s no theoretical basis for such ripples in a static situation.

The current math for gravity and orbits (Kepler, Newton, Einstein, ...) works very well, and does not show evidence of these "grooves".

Do you have math, to apply to the orbits of things, that shows they get positioned in "grooves"? e.g. the idea of these "grooves" implies certain discrete distances from the object orbited.

I'd also point out that orbits are generally elliptical, with an apogee and perigee. Multiple things in orbit around the same central thing* (e.g. the eight planets and our sun) do not have ellipses that coincide - the direction from the sun of their apogee and perigee are not the same; they don't indicate being in "grooves" that follow any kind of pattern.

(* that's a simplification for now.)

On 10/12/2023 at 4:34 AM, kenjimckinstry said:

The object around a larger one depends on the gravity waves of the larger object. Every celestial object has gravity waves. Looking at Einstein's theory you can see it is true. It looks like the earth is actually in a groove of a gravity wave around the sun. The grooves are caused by the gravity waves of the sun. They are ripples that look like circles around a celestial object. Please tell me what you think. 

On 10/12/2023 at 5:54 PM, kenjimckinstry said:

I see. It looks like the field actually has circular grooves. The satellite most likely sites in a groove that then revolves around our earth. 

If there were "grooves" in the gravitational field as you propose, then the trajectory of a spacecraft traveling from Earth to the Moon (or any other celestial body in the solar system) would need to pass "through" or "over" these "grooves", right? The presence of these "grooves" would logically imply a variation in the gravitational field. This variation would, in turn, affect the spacecraft's trajectory, potentially causing deviations in speed and/or direction from the path predicted by established theories like Newton's law of universal gravitation or Einstein's theory of general relativity. However, no such deviations have been observed in any space mission to date, as far as I'm aware.

On 10/12/2023 at 3:34 AM, kenjimckinstry said:

I note you haven't acknowledged swansont's correction so I will amplify it as you have made several mistakes that you could learn from.

On 10/12/2023 at 2:06 PM, swansont said:

Note that “gravity waves” has a specific meaning, and it’s not what is described here.

The terms of gravity waves and gravitational waves are two commonly confused terms in physics. Gravity waves are generated in fluid mediums or on interfaces between two fluid mediums. On the other hand, gravitational waves are produced by cosmological phenomena in the universe.

Secondly

On 10/12/2023 at 5:52 AM, kenjimckinstry said:

It actually does. f you look at this photo you can see you must add grooves to the waves. They are multiple circles around the earth. 

This not actually a photo. No one could ever take such a photo because there are no nets or grids around the Earth as shown in the image you posted.

1 hour ago, Genady said:

Yes, there are gravitational "grooves" which free falling objects follow. But these "grooves" exist in spacetime rather than in space. They are called, geodesics.

In fact the 'gooves' you speak of are not in either space or spacetime, anymore than there are nets as depicted in in your artificially generated  image.

The image is a representation of function space, which describes the values of a function at points in space. It is an attempt to display a representation of a four dimensional graph on a two dimensional piece of paper.

The geodesics referred to are the paths of extremal values of these functions.

These paths do not move about in space so cannot realisitcally be called either grooves or waves.

On 10/12/2023 at 3:34 AM, kenjimckinstry said:

Every celestial object has gravity waves

You haven't distinguished between travelling waves and standing waves.

Only standing waves could be imagined to possess 'grooves' that must be followed since the peaks and troughs of a travelling wave necessarily move about in space, by their very definition.

So how do you think standing gravitational waves can be generated ?

3 hours ago, studiot said:

I note you haven't acknowledged swansont's correction so I will amplify it as you have made several mistakes that you could learn from.

Secondly

This not actually a photo. No one could ever take such a photo because there are no nets or grids around the Earth as shown in the image you posted.

In fact the 'gooves' you speak of are not in either space or spacetime, anymore than there are nets as depicted in in your artificially generated  image.

The image is a representation of function space, which describes the values of a function at points in space. It is an attempt to display a representation of a four dimensional graph on a two dimensional piece of paper.

The geodesics referred to are the paths of extremal values of these functions.

These paths do not move about in space so cannot realisitcally be called either grooves or waves.

You haven't distinguished between travelling waves and standing waves.

Only standing waves could be imagined to possess 'grooves' that must be followed since the peaks and troughs of a travelling wave necessarily move about in space, by their very definition.

So how do you think standing gravitational waves can be generated ?

Looks like they are gravitational waves and they are standing. That is a good point. 

16 minutes ago, kenjimckinstry said:

Looks like they are gravitational waves and they are standing. That is a good point. 

A stationary or uniformly moving mass doesn’t generate gravitational waves. Certain accelerations do, but in the case of the sun they would be exceedingly small.

On 10/12/2023 at 8:54 AM, kenjimckinstry said:

I see. It looks like the field actually has circular grooves. The satellite most likely sites in a groove that then revolves around our earth. 

Those circular rings in the image were a choice made by the artist.  He could have easily chosen to use a rectangular grid instead.

• 3 weeks later...

Made me think of grooves in an old record and the pin that reads the grooves is like the object travelling around the large body of mass.

I assumed two bodies regardless of size interact with each other and the gravitational pull is experienced from each object by each object but the smaller object has a smaller effect and if small enough then the force it causes is relatively negligible compared to that of the larger object.

For discussions sake, let's imagine the grooves...

The sun travels through space (or is expanded through space), would the grooves travel through space too? Would they be stretched through space as the universe is expanding? Earth drives in one of these grooves around the sun whilst the sun is moving through space. Like a flying record frisbeeing through space. Is that the idea?

Do objects in that groove need to have certain characteristics? Would anything passing through be affected by the groove?

Could the object that travels distort the field and the travelling repeatedly be what creates this. Like if you draw a circle with a pen repeatedly and it depressed the paper an eventually the pen finds it easier to travel in the groove it made? 

Just throwing your ideas about and speculating. I personally don't think there are grooves but I can imagine, (assuming the space around objects is moving with the objects through space) that objects repeatedly interacting with space could create some kind of energy distortion but that would mean that space is an object of a sort like an ether.

Edited by Inspireme
My phone likes to remove the last letter in a lot of my typing and I proof read after posting. My phone also thinks groove is a person, so autocorrected to groove's and I've written and read grooves that many times that it now seems like a nonsense word.