Say something absurd

grayson

I have a YouTube channel, but my lawyer advised me not to tell what it is. I am not advertising but I do need Ideas. My cousin domninic said something funny. Do you wanna see how to eat a bunch of chicken bones in one try? Just go OUEGH OUEGH OUEGH. How do I come up with stuff like that. That was comedy gold! What makes someone laugh. Say what makes something absurd. Just tell me

Anyone?

On 8/31/2023 at 3:01 AM, grayson said:

what makes something absurd. Just tell me

As far as I know absurdity arise when there's a discrepancy between what is expected and what actually occurs. The expectation can arise from context, personal experience, knowledge or preferences.

Example: In a scientific discussion on a science forum the opening post in this thread is absurd.
Example: Once @Phi for All moved the thread to the lounge and your followups are added the context changes; any attempt at a "formal" or meaningful answer (including this answer) could be considered absurd.

Det er Hyggelig!

20 minutes ago, Ghideon said:

As far as I know absurdity arise when there's a discrepancy between what is expected and what actually occurs. The expectation can arise from context, personal experience, knowledge or preferences.

Example: In a scientific discussion on a science forum the opening post in this thread is absurd.
Example: Once @Phi for All moved the thread to the lounge and your followups are added the context changes; any attempt at a "formal" or meaningful answer (including this answer) could be considered absurd.

1 hour ago, Peterkin said:

Donald is given the epithet Dásachtach,

..let's not extrapolate too far.. ;)

(somebody on the street here called me "Jesus, the alcoholic" ;) )

ps. My point was that Donald II has already been assigned.. therefor you made mistake in assignment of his title.. ;)

Edited by Sensei

29 minutes ago, Sensei said:

..let's not extrapolate too far.. ;)

(somebody on the street here called me "Jesus, the alcoholic" ;) )

ps. My point was that Donald II has already been assigned.. therefor you made mistake in assignment of his title.. ;)

Hvem?

Dette er Norsk fra nå

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

My point was that Donald II has already been assigned.. therefor you made mistake in assignment of his title

Yes, I did! A mistake I made in ignorance and for want of due diligence. I admit it freely; I assumed that that was understood.

Therefore, as you note, my absurdity was not so absurd as I had supposed, which certainly does disqualify my earlier post for the absurdity thread (though this one might possibly fare better). However, when apprised of the fact that I had posted in error, I was curious enough to follow the link and discover the monarch who had been hitherto unknown to me, and was amused to learn that he was not so very much more regal than his present namesake and I was moved, perhaps also in error, to share this datum with other who might find it amusing, if not necessarily absurd. 

1 hour ago, grayson said:

Hvem?

Dette er Norsk fra nå

Hvorfor? å være absurd?

C'est la navet!

23 minutes ago, Genady said:

Tur hende por tradusi e, ma por bo tradusi esaki?

You just broke Google Translate.  😀