What would it be like to never contempt?

48 minutes ago, genio said:

I feel resentment at formally educated scientists for overlooking the science of a particular subject because of their confirmation bias and corrupt mentality. I made a complex hidden world changing discovery that will eventually collapse all the corrupt industries because I lived through hell and it bothers me how formally educated scientists are paid billions, and can't even see the arrogance and errors in their conditioned ways of thinking.

I have no choice. I can't obtain a formal education by forcing myself to learn misconceptions

I sense an extreme amount of bitterness and "contempt" towards the scientific community.

Science uses models that can be tested and independently verified as it's standard. Until a better model is discovered and verified, yielding more accurate predictions to explain observation, then there is no reason to discount the original model. So what you learn in study is those "standard" models. You then are more than encouraged to seek out better models, nobody in the modern scientific community is going to oppose this approach. However any new model will face extreme scrutiny, and why shouldn't it? If it works and holds then this is the verification that is needed for it to then be accepted as the "new" standard model. At which point this will be taught to the next generation of students. 

This is how progress works, start with solid foundations and build on them. Not all discoveries are sensational, some take years of study, bits at a time. 

A tip: To enable you to refute an argument, you need to learn as much information as you can. This includes that which you may believe to be intuitively false. But intuition can cloud your judgement, especially when dealing with science, things aren't always the way you imagine they should be. So go and study, gain an understanding of that which you are claiming is false, you never know you may come back with something sensational, or you may learn something. At least you may get a different perspective and gain a little respect for science.  

5 minutes ago, Intoscience said:

I sense an extreme amount of bitterness and "contempt" towards the scientific community.

Bitterness yes; contempt no because "contempt" is a feeling of mentally being on a pedastal and looking down on people. I'm on solid ground.

24 minutes ago, Intoscience said:

Science uses models that can be tested and independently verified as it's standard. Until a better model is discovered and verified, yielding more accurate predictions to explain observation, then there is no reason to discount the original model. So what you learn in study is those "standard" models. You then are more than encouraged to seek out better models, nobody in the modern scientific community is going to oppose this approach. However any new model will face extreme scrutiny, and why shouldn't it? If it works and holds then this is the verification that is needed for it to then be accepted as the "new" standard model. At which point this will be taught to the next generation of students. 

The major issue is when said models are based on making money over seeking indisputable truth.

Medicine is a pseudoscience by the legal drug dealers that doesn't face the extreme scrutiny that it should. Legal drugs don't heal the body and the word "treatment" is a misleading word which essentially means "the management of degeneration". The receptors in our bodies are for vitamins, amino acids, neurotransmitters, hormones and other essential molecules. Not synthetic drugs and/or herbal supplements that play pinball with our biochemistry. Hence the side effects.

I don't care whether it's taught or not to the next generation of students. For me it's about taking out the stinking garbage that I don't want to take out.

48 minutes ago, Intoscience said:

This is how progress works, start with solid foundations and build on them. Not all discoveries are sensational, some take years of study, bits at a time. 

A tip: To enable you to refute an argument, you need to learn as much information as you can. This includes that which you may believe to be intuitively false. But intuition can cloud your judgement, especially when dealing with science, things aren't always the way you imagine they should be. So go and study, gain an understanding of that which you are claiming is false, you never know you may come back with something sensational, or you may learn something. At least you may get a different perspective and gain a little respect for science.  

My discovery is shockingly sensational and the tip is exactly how I made it. I had to drop all my beliefs and only accept data that was self-evidently true.

I don't have a problem with science. I have a problem with formally educated scientists not following the scientific method and instead manipulating the world for $$.

3 hours ago, genio said:

I have a problem with formally educated scientists not following the scientific method and instead manipulating the world for $$

What gives you this impression? Science (or at least some areas of it) can be considered underfunded compared to other organisations/fields of study, yet the benefits from scientific discoveries can be immense. 

Scientists don't get paid that well unless happen to find stardom through popular exposure such as TV etc... who are a tiny portion of the scientific community. 

If your discovery is so sensational then why not publish a paper for peer review, then maybe if verified you can make millions of bucks for your own ideas, what is stopping you?  

7 hours ago, genio said:

Critical thinking is an innate ability to see bias, not hold beliefs and not overlook information. Combining information into knowledge while maintaining confirmation bias and holding beliefs is what mainly occurs when books are written.

I'm a born nonconformist.

I will gain something useful when some people actually use the scientific method and stop treating Science like a cult where nobody is allowed to see the world independently.

On 5/19/2023 at 3:24 AM, MigL said:

Genio has shown 'contempt' for people who put in the effort and hard work to understand a subject and get a degree.
But is he  angry at them; I don't think so.
Quite possibly, he is angry at himselffor never having the intestinal fortitude and willingness to be able to do the same

Copy and paste a subject into their minds and get a piece of paper with a fancy golden symbol. Hence extrinsic motivation.

What is it about science that angers you so?

It's just a way of thinking, a philosophy; and every philosophy has it's bad practitioners, some of whom should be dispised/disliked (not the same as contempt) because they clearly don't understand it's meaning, much like you would a priest that molests children.

What you can't do is dismiss the good it clearly does as an excuse to dispise the idea.

5 hours ago, genio said:

Bitterness yes; contempt no because "contempt" is a feeling of mentally being on a pedastal and looking down on people. I'm on solid ground.

Indeed, your on top of your mountain of resentment.

5 hours ago, genio said:

The major issue is when said models are based on making money over seeking indisputable truth.

That's an entirely different question, worthy of it's own topic; so, if you want an answer, start one...

10 hours ago, genio said:

Critical thinking is an innate ability

Innate abilities are something you're born with. Can you support this statement with examples? Critical thinking requires quite a bit of learning, so how can you be born with something you have to learn?

10 hours ago, genio said:

I will gain something useful when some people actually use the scientific method and stop treating Science like a cult where nobody is allowed to see the world independently.

You'll gain something useful when you realize your own confirmation bias against science that seems to work for us very well is holding you back. You've become blinded by the idea that scientists are "hidebound" and "stuck in their ways", so you don't see the actual steep progress curve that's been happening for the last 150 years or so. 

8 hours ago, genio said:

My discovery is shockingly sensational and the tip is exactly how I made it. I had to drop all my beliefs and only accept data that was self-evidently true.

I don't have a problem with science. I have a problem with formally educated scientists not following the scientific method and instead manipulating the world for $$.

While there is some truth that profit often eclipses reasoned solutions, I hope you can see the problem with you demanding scientists follow the scientific method while simultaneously claiming you can only accept data that you personally deem true. Your cognitive biases (all our cognitive biases) need to be removed and that's just not happening.

On 5/23/2023 at 6:52 AM, Intoscience said:

What gives you this impression? Science (or at least some areas of it) can be considered underfunded compared to other organisations/fields of study, yet the benefits from scientific discoveries can be immense. 

Scientists don't get paid that well unless happen to find stardom through popular exposure such as TV etc... who are a tiny portion of the scientific community. 

If your discovery is so sensational then why not publish a paper for peer review, then maybe if verified you can make millions of bucks for your own ideas, what is stopping you?  

It's underfunded because they aren't producing results.

Doing right after I've been severely wronged and giving back my innate being after it was taken away from me for two decades. I was the healthiest child anyone has ever seen and strangely ended up with 5 mercury fillings in my teeth as a child. Experienced acute mercury poisoning and fought for myself like nobody has ever fought. Smashed my head with hardcover textbooks in the middle of class while nobody did anything. Held onto a school chair so tight to prevent fecal incontinence from the mercury poisoning. Ran away from home because it was like a nightmare I couldn't wake up from. Then walked around in high school like I had Parkinson's disease and nobody did anything. My school pictures are all of me with the Parkinson's disease demented smile. I begged my doctor in my 20s to help me and he smiled at me like I was a child who needed cheering up. He referred me to a gay psychologist who tried to sexually abuse me because I was so out of it. I eventually moved back to my home country in an attempt to regain my health and my awareness. Regained sufficient awareness to see the fillings were poisoning me. No help from my father to have them removed despite him having more than 100k in the bank. My father smoked inside the apartment and didn't care about anyone but himself and expected others to be sympathetic to his need to smoke. I made the initial piece of this discovery while breathing in massive amounts of secondhand smoke and drinking at least half a liter of raw carrot juice daily to prevent my brain from being severely inflamed. Went through withdrawal from the secondhand smoke every single day. Part of this discovery is why people smoke cigarettes and do drugs and why I live in a world of addicts. I tried to tell my father so he would stop smoking and he told me... "You're not a scientist", "You'll never accomplish anything", and "Once poor, always poor". Madness. This was a decade ago.

After all of this. I'm left with GLUT1 deficiency syndrome and various unknown genetic mutations that resulted in severe covid with viral myocarditis and eventually heart failure. I tried to get help from doctors after covid in a developed country and no help at all from them because of my age and their ignorance. I had to read the scientific literature myself and use my intellect to understand how to reverse my heart failure with severe suicidal thoughts. Reversed my heart failure. I then tried to get help for my genetic mutations by sending my symptoms to a doctor so I could be referred to a neurologist and nutritionist because I'm struggling to maintain ketosis. No help from anyone despite free health sick care.

Formally educated scientists have everything at their fingertips yet I'm the one who made this complex discovery while living through hell.

I don't feel contempt. I feel resentment.

If I release it. Then I will be asked... how did you make this discovery? Well... discoveries aren't made in safe spaces.

6 hours ago, genio said:

It's underfunded because they aren't producing results.

Doing right after I've been severely wronged and giving back my innate being after it was taken away from me for two decades. I was the healthiest child anyone has ever seen and strangely ended up with 5 mercury fillings in my teeth as a child. Experienced acute mercury poisoning and fought for myself like nobody has ever fought. Smashed my head with hardcover textbooks in the middle of class while nobody did anything. Held onto a school chair so tight to prevent fecal incontinence from the mercury poisoning. Ran away from home because it was like a nightmare I couldn't wake up from. Then walked around in high school like I had Parkinson's disease and nobody did anything. My school pictures are all of me with the Parkinson's disease demented smile. I begged my doctor in my 20s to help me and he smiled at me like I was a child who needed cheering up. He referred me to a gay psychologist who tried to sexually abuse me because I was so out of it. I eventually moved back to my home country in an attempt to regain my health and my awareness. Regained sufficient awareness to see the fillings were poisoning me. No help from my father to have them removed despite him having more than 100k in the bank. My father smoked inside the apartment and didn't care about anyone but himself and expected others to be sympathetic to his need to smoke. I made the initial piece of this discovery while breathing in massive amounts of secondhand smoke and drinking at least half a liter of raw carrot juice daily to prevent my brain from being severely inflamed. Went through withdrawal from the secondhand smoke every single day. Part of this discovery is why people smoke cigarettes and do drugs and why I live in a world of addicts. I tried to tell my father so he would stop smoking and he told me... "You're not a scientist", "You'll never accomplish anything", and "Once poor, always poor". Madness. This was a decade ago.

After all of this. I'm left with GLUT1 deficiency syndrome and various unknown genetic mutations that resulted in severe covid with viral myocarditis and eventually heart failure. I tried to get help from doctors after covid in a developed country and no help at all from them because of my age and their ignorance. I had to read the scientific literature myself and use my intellect to understand how to reverse my heart failure with severe suicidal thoughts. Reversed my heart failure. I then tried to get help for my genetic mutations by sending my symptoms to a doctor so I could be referred to a neurologist and nutritionist because I'm struggling to maintain ketosis. No help from anyone despite free health sick care.

Formally educated scientists have everything at their fingertips yet I'm the one who made this complex discovery while living through hell.

No one deserves an easy life.

6 hours ago, genio said:

I don't feel contempt. I feel resentment.

If I release it. Then I will be asked... how did you make this discovery?

You haven't discovered anything yet; forgive them and feel the peace instead.

A little humility often helps to see the path; much like carrot's help you see in the dark... 😉

On 5/23/2023 at 11:19 AM, Phi for All said:

Innate abilities are something you're born with. Can you support this statement with examples? Critical thinking requires quite a bit of learning, so how can you be born with something you have to learn?

It is self-evidently proven indirectly. Not everyone can fully use critical thinking skills despite learning them just as not everyone can actually drive a car despite taking driver's education. Therefore, critical thinking and driving precisely is an innate ability that can be perfected. An energy in the brain with various thinking channels.

You'll gain something useful when you realize your own confirmation bias against science that seems to work for us very well is holding you back. You've become blinded by the idea that scientists are "hidebound" and "stuck in their ways", so you don't see the actual steep progress curve that's been happening for the last 150 years or so.

I don't have an issue with science. I have an issue with formally educated scientists and their inability to use the scientific method because they're focused on producing a product to make money.

It does seem so from an outside perspective that I'm being held back. If I'm not with you, then I must be against you? Nope.

I see the technological progress however I'm not impressed with the concomitant wastefulness. There are no lines being drawn.

While there is some truth that profit often eclipses reasoned solutions, I hope you can see the problem with you demanding scientists follow the scientific method while simultaneously claiming you can only accept data that you personally deem true. Your cognitive biases (all our cognitive biases) need to be removed and that's just not happening.

Not data I deem true. Data that is self-evidently true. Such as measurement data. Measurement data with obvious off the chart measurements is valuable and can be used further to interpolate/extrapolate with other scientific fields. Polymath - Wikipedia

Cognitive biases occur when we're holding onto beliefs. No beliefs = no cognitive biases. It's either self-evident or it's nonsense. It takes a while to train our brain to see possibilities and discard the probabilities.

2 hours ago, genio said:

I don't have an issue with science. I have an issue with formally educated scientists and their inability to use the scientific method because they're focused on producing a product to make money.

If scientists wanted to make money, most would not be scientists in the first place.

2 hours ago, genio said:

It is self-evidently proven indirectly. Not everyone can fully use critical thinking skills despite learning them just as not everyone can actually drive a car despite taking driver's education. Therefore, critical thinking and driving precisely is an innate ability that can be perfected. An energy in the brain with various thinking channels.

This distorts the definitions and makes them worthless to me. It sounds like you're trying to tell me an infant can be born with the ability to drive precisely. I can't use that for anything and still call it reasoning. 

2 hours ago, genio said:

You keep yawning on and on about this, but nobody here is focused on making money from these discussions. Stop using this excuse not to support your arguments fully.

2 hours ago, genio said:

It does seem so from an outside perspective that I'm being held back. If I'm not with you, then I must be against you? Nope.

Let's use the methodology you praise so highly and stop making this personal. Nobody is talking about you. We're discussing your ideas, and testing them against what we observe.

2 hours ago, genio said:

I see the technological progress however I'm not impressed with the concomitant wastefulness. There are no lines being drawn.

Sounds like a political problem, something you and science have in common.

2 hours ago, genio said:

Cognitive biases occur when we're holding onto beliefs. No beliefs = no cognitive biases. It's either self-evident or it's nonsense. It takes a while to train our brain to see possibilities and discard the probabilities.

Here's why I don't agree with your definitions. It's ALL belief, what we choose to take in as knowledge. It's what that belief is based on that matters. Is it based on blind faith because someone you trust a lot says so? Is it based on wishful thinking on our part, something we'd like very much to be true but can't quite explain to anyone else? Or is the belief based on trust, because you taken the painstaking, plodding steps of the scientific method in order to be as certain as possible that you have the best supported explanation to believe in?

I also think you're fooling yourself about self-evident vs nonsense. Can you show me something self-evident that doesn't involve your opinion or judgement? Can you be objective about self-evident knowledge?