Freedom of information request.

dimreepr

This is a, slightly, tongue in cheek request, for a friend. 😉

My friend considers him/herself to be a self taught, natural philosopher. 🤔

How would she/he monities such a talent? 🧐

Edited by dimreepr

Write yet another book about meditation, prayer and food. If he/she can wedge a little martial and marital art into it, so much the better. Tell them to keep the language simple, repeat every trite observation at least three times and list in a bullet format. Be sure to put a number in the title, e.g. The 12 Laws of Life, Love and Everything.  

22 hours ago, Peterkin said:

Write yet another book about meditation, prayer and food. If he/she can wedge a little martial and marital art into it, so much the better. Tell them to keep the language simple, repeat every trite observation at least three times and list in a bullet format. Be sure to put a number in the title, e.g. The 12 Laws of Life, Love and Everything.  

That sounds like an awful lot of effort, anything else? 😴🙏

12 hours ago, Peterkin said:

By whom, ffs? And where did your imaginary friend go?

It's basically a joke mate (hence the lounge), with an off chance of success; kinda like a forum based lottery ticket. 😁 

On 5/13/2023 at 4:56 AM, dimreepr said:

That sounds like an awful lot of effort, anything else? 😴🙏

You can find a following on social media for some uplifting philosophical content. TikTok has folks like you who share bits of wisdom from their own unique perspective. I don't know exactly how the monetization is achieved. 

I'd recommend focusing on the positive. You already have a short, punchy style, so I'd also recommend reading from a script you've written rather than just turning on your camera and pontificating. Only respond to positive feedback so you don't come off as defensive. If your videos are engaging enough, there are people watching who like the idea of supporting you so you can create more content. 

11 hours ago, iNow said:

Maybe your “friend” can help? ;) 

He's dumber than me... 😣

17 hours ago, Phi for All said:

You can find a following on social media for some uplifting philosophical content. TikTok has folks like you who share bits of wisdom from their own unique perspective. I don't know exactly how the monetization is achieved. 

I'd recommend focusing on the positive. You already have a short, punchy style, so I'd also recommend reading from a script you've written rather than just turning on your camera and pontificating. Only respond to positive feedback so you don't come off as defensive. If your videos are engaging enough, there are people watching who like the idea of supporting you so you can create more content. 

That could work, but I don't have a phone/camera; it has given me an idea though, that needs to be cogitated.

So the next question is, how to advertise your wares without paying?

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

He's dumber than me... 😣

That could work, but I don't have a phone/camera; it has given me an idea though, that needs to be cogitated.

So the next question is, how to advertise your wares without paying?

Research Tesla, they apparently rely on Musk making news.

1 minute ago, dimreepr said:

Indeed, it's so much easier to explain face to face, and they pay according to the value of the explanation... 🙏 

This also requires you to gather multiple customers in one place (rent?) so you can charge them all to hear your explanation. A phone would let you deal with individuals throughout the day, or record your explanations for later use. 

5 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

This also requires you to gather multiple customers in one place (rent?) so you can charge them all to hear your explanation. A phone would let you deal with individuals throughout the day, or record your explanations for later use. 

I was thinking, one at a time; I only need to make enough for today...

2 hours ago, dimreepr said:

I was thinking, one at a time; I only need to make enough for today...

This sentiment doesn't clash with owning a smart phone with a video recorder.

0.jpg

How about a booth for Philosophical Help $5 (The Philosopher is IN)? 

On 5/17/2023 at 5:42 PM, Phi for All said:

This sentiment doesn't clash with owning a smart phone with a video recorder.

Wish I could afford one.

On 5/17/2023 at 5:42 PM, Phi for All said:

How about a booth for Philosophical Help $5 (The Philosopher is IN)? 

I was thinking, pay me what you think it's worth; then maybe they'd buy me one... 

Just now, Genady said:

And if they think you wasted their time, you pay them.

My arguments still haven't moved you?

You seemed to get angry on quite a few occasions, but we're still talking, so pay up you cheap skate; I've made you think about something... 

23 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

My arguments still haven't moved you?

You seemed to get angry on quite a few occasions, but we're still talking, so pay up you cheap skate; I've made you think about something... 

Oops.