Homophobia, nature or nurture?

Gian

22 minutes ago, swansont said:

I guess “Identical twins often have different sexual attraction” was a weird echo, then.

Zawoooooosh !!     Gotham City's newest superhero " Pedantic Man "  zooms in to save the metropolis from the careless use of a word. 

Thanks, Pedantic Man !!!!!    I meant often, compared to never, but you sure nailed me down with your pedant superpowers !! 

2 hours ago, mistermack said:

Zawoooooosh !!     Gotham City's newest superhero " Pedantic Man "  zooms in to save the metropolis from the careless use of a word. 

Thanks, Pedantic Man !!!!!    I meant often, compared to never, but you sure nailed me down with your pedant superpowers !! 

How silly of me to assume you meant what you wrote. It should have been clear by comparing your statement to the research citation you posted to support it.

As far as the OP is concerned, I still think it's a bit of both. 

Gay people can be homophobic, and can even be phobic about their own gayness. 

The good news is that gays can be cured with the help of god. Conversion therapy has been getting state and charity funding for years in the UK on the quiet. This christian psychiatrist has been doing very nicely, converting gays. Now he's a highly paid consultant for the Northern Ireland police force.  Those Northern Ireland christians look after one another jobs-wise. 

Major police force hired psychiatrist who was exposed for practising conversion therapy (msn.com)

On 11/2/2023 at 5:09 PM, zapatos said:

Then our instincts kind of suck given all the war, genocide, global warming, pollution, nuclear weapons, etc.

Our instincts are fine, remember that Homosexuality is not wrong but sexual immorality is. Our duty is to decide which of our behavior will have a negative effect of the future of Life on this planet. Loving someone does not have to always produce children. There are millions of parentless children that could be raised and loved by a homosexual couple. 

On 11/9/2023 at 11:06 AM, mistermack said:

As far as the OP is concerned, I still think it's a bit of both. 

Gay people can be homophobic, and can even be phobic about their own gayness. 

The good news is that gays can be cured with the help of god. Conversion therapy has been getting state and charity funding for years in the UK on the quiet. This christian psychiatrist has been doing very nicely, converting gays. Now he's a highly paid consultant for the Northern Ireland police force.  Those Northern Ireland christians look after one another jobs-wise. 

Major police force hired psychiatrist who was exposed for practising conversion therapy (msn.com)

People have been finding ways of denying and ignoring all kinds of behaviors and the result is always the same. The repression reaches a point where it can no longer be contained and people end up hurt or dead. Instead of maintaining hateful, useless ideals and practices that DO NOT WORK unless a threat of some sort exists in the persons mind or they are convinced what they feel is wrong. Why not investigate the reasons that every single human culture has had homosexuality for thousands of years. Christ said Love God with all your Heart, Mind and Strength & Love others as you Love yourself. There is a distinct difference between Homosexuality and Sexual Immorality which is practiced by more heterosexual people than any other group. When is the last time you heard about a gay rapist compared to how many men are charged and convicted of raping women?

BTW This is ethics not Religion

17 hours ago, Chris Sawatsky said:

Christ said Love God with all your Heart, Mind and Strength & Love others as you Love yourself. There is a distinct difference between Homosexuality and Sexual Immorality which is practiced by more heterosexual people than any other group. When is the last time you heard about a gay rapist compared to how many men are charged and convicted of raping women?

BTW This is ethics not Religion

Tell that to all the paedophile priests. Raping altar boys is pretty immoral. It's funny that the people who constantly preached against immorality turned out to be some of the most immoral, on the quiet. Or not funny, but tragic. Anyway, nobody knows what Jesus said. Or if he existed. But his father was pretty scathing about Sodomy. 

19 hours ago, Chris Sawatsky said:

Our duty is to decide which of our behavior will have a negative effect of the future of Life on this planet.

Then doing our duty kind of sucks given all the war, genocide, global warming, pollution, nuclear weapons, etc.

On 11/11/2023 at 9:18 PM, Chris Sawatsky said:

Instead of maintaining hateful, useless ideals and practices that DO NOT WORK unless a threat of some sort exists in the persons mind or they are convinced what they feel is wrong.

Wait, are you describing religion? This is exactly the way I feel about the Abrahamic religions, that they've been a poison to our existence because they pretend to help when they mostly hurt.