What makes the bulb glow?

2 hours ago, A_curious_Homosapien said:

I saw a video on YouTube where a person holds a bulb between 2 medium sized magnets, the bulb starts glowing. Neither the bulb is moving nor the magnets, then how the current is generated?

The internet is a wonderful resource.

Unfortunately there are those souls who take delight in posting misinformation.

Youtube hosts some really good videos of science and scientific explanations.

Sadly it is also a target for hoaxes like this sounds to be.

The 'bulb' is commonly a flourescent bulb, not an old fashioned filament or more modern LED type.

4 hours ago, A_curious_Homosapien said:

So, It's the chemical substance that reacts to magnetic field. right? If so, isn't It a good idea to use this method. As fluorescent blubs are pretty common in public as well as homes. Won't this advantage the user economically and help save the environment at the same time?

Are you eluding to the mis-concept of "free energy"? 

If magnets could be used in such a way don't you think this would have already being done? Regardless of the construction of the bulb you have to input energy to get light/heat out. To create an electrical field which energy can be drawn from you have to move the magnets. Therefore energy has to be inputted into moving the magnets. 

Oh, and there is no system (as far as I know) where 100% efficiency is attained, in other word where 100% of the inputted energy is converted into 100% of useful work, there are always losses.  IIRCC super conductors come pretty close. 

6 hours ago, A_curious_Homosapien said:

So, It's the chemical substance that reacts to magnetic field. right? If so, isn't It a good idea to use this method. As fluorescent blubs are pretty common in public as well as homes. Won't this advantage the user economically and help save the environment at the same time?

No I am sorry if I did not make this clear.

I think your youtube demonstration is a hoax or fake.

We have discussed such demonstrations here before, if anyone can remember the reference.

Hidden under the table or behind the background screen will be a generator of a changing magnetic field.

The magnets you see are just showmanship.

8 minutes ago, A_curious_Homosapien said:

In the end he tells that all this is fake and he has been hiding his tesla coil under the table. Really sorry for wasting your time. Sorry

If you learned something it's not a waste.

18 minutes ago, A_curious_Homosapien said:

In the end he tells that all this is fake and he has been hiding his tesla coil under the table. Really sorry for wasting your time. Sorry

You will go far with your approach +1

I agree with swansont, it's not a waste.

I think I speak for most everyone here when I say that intellectual honesty is high up there; above erudition or any similar razzle-dazzle.

2 hours ago, A_curious_Homosapien said:

In the end he tells that all this is fake and he has been hiding his tesla coil under the table. Really sorry for wasting your time. Sorry @studiot @Intoscience and @iNow

+1.

8 hours ago, A_curious_Homosapien said:

I'm really sorry to you all, I only watched half the video. Here is the link:
In the end he tells that all this is fake and he has been hiding his tesla coil under the table. Really sorry for wasting your time. Sorry @studiot @Intoscience and @iNow

Everyone makes mistakes. You were honest enough to admit it. That makes you one of the good guys.