If something exists then there has to be a creator ?

FishandChips

5 hours ago, Kartazion said:

But what is the difference? If I exist, I am created.

There go the turtle's...

27 minutes ago, Kartazion said:

Its behavior involves movement. Isn't energy and movement a form of life?

OMG, Douglas was right, a really hot cup of tea IS important.

These kinds of discussions are pointless and only lead to frustration on both sides.
You cannot prove his arguments wrong, and he cannot prove them right.
( to me, that's enough not to entertain the idea of a creator, but that's my opinion )

IOW neither of you can have his mind changed or his perspective widened.
And since the whole point of a discussion is to present your ideas in the hope of widening the perspective ( or even changing the opinion ) of your audience/co-discusser, it seems a rather useless waste of time.

Then again, with this Covid-19 and self-isolation, we all have plenty of time to waste.

21 minutes ago, MigL said:

These kinds of discussions are pointless and only lead to frustration on both sides.
You cannot prove his arguments wrong, and he cannot prove them right.
( to me, that's enough not to entertain the idea of a creator, but that's my opinion )

IOW neither of you can have his mind changed or his perspective widened.
And since the whole point of a discussion is to present your ideas in the hope of widening the perspective ( or even changing the opinion ) of your audience/co-discusser, it seems a rather useless waste of time.

Then again, with this Covid-19 and self-isolation, we all have plenty of time to waste.

Yes, if something's not falsifiable it can never conclude satisfactorily. Because there is no opportunity of proving  it wrong with a null hypothesis, it cannot be discussed scientifically.

Edited by StringJunky

1 hour ago, MigL said:

46 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Yes, if something's not falsifiable it can never conclude satisfactorily. Because there is no opportunity of proving  it wrong with a null hypothesis, it cannot be discussed scientifically.

!

Moderator Note

Spot on, both of you. Plenty of meaningful things to discuss scientifically, so let's move on.