How do I close my account

jajrussel

48 minutes ago, zapatos said:

You can just avoid the site. No one will use your account.

You can also ask to be banned so that you can't have a moment of weakness later and return.

Either way all your posts remain.

Thank you. I have my moments of weakness. I would like to be banned. Before I go years ago I had a friend here Robibitybob1. I got busy with life and when I returned to SFN he was gone. It's as if he never existed anyone know what happened to him?

Edited by jajrussel

If by any chance, this change of heart is due to the ongoing discussion in the Political forum, I hope you reconsider.
People tend to get very passionate about their opinions, and refuse to even acknowledge that other points of view may exist.
I have done it myself, but I make the attempt to consider other, even unsavory, viewpoints.
 And sometimes it can be a minefield to navigate.

I find your questions, and your desire to learn, in the Physics forums refreshing.
A lot of them have helped me learn new things also.
Looking forward to many more of them.

I really like reading your posts/threads/questions and contributions. You come across as a nice, deep guy. 

Personally, I think maybe your humour was mistook for an attack earlier.

Don’t leave. Please.

22 hours ago, jajrussel said:

I would like to be banned.

Banning is for rule-breakers. Is the site taking up too much of your time, and you want to do something else?

22 hours ago, jajrussel said:

Before I go years ago I had a friend here Robibitybob1. I got busy with life and when I returned to SFN he was gone. It's as if he never existed anyone know what happened to him?

His name is Robittybob1, so that's why your search came up empty. He posted in this thread a few weeks ago: 

1 hour ago, Phi for All said:

Banning is for rule-breakers. Is the site taking up too much of your time, and you want to do something else?

His name is Robittybob1, so that's why your search came up empty. He posted in this thread a few weeks ago: 

Your right I spelt it wrong I had to look up an email from 2016. I should have copied and pasted.  I'm glad to see that he is still on SFN  he seemed worried then that he might not be. Now I'm worried about me. I tend to become aggressively competitive on occasion in discussion. I enjoy it. What bothers me is the effect it has on other people. I don't realize untill it is too late that  that I have angered them. 

During a discussion of differences I do not exactly want them on their best game, but I don't want them angry either, so when I realize it has reached that point. I withdraw. I like point and counter point, and apparently I was too aggressive. When a person responds only with I am trying to pick a fight. Especially when all I did was respond to what I thought was an intentional insult with humor. So, into my shell I ran.

I want to apologize to, and thank those who encouraged me. My head is clearing, I don't really want out. I may have mentioned before that SFN is is to me a weakness that I enjoy. Thank you :-)...

Edited by jajrussel