Can Music hurt to health and brain ?

Hi 

I want to investigate the dangers of music.

I found statements on the web of various people about the dangers of music.

But I 'm doubtful about them .

Are the following statements about the dangers of music is true ?

Are these statements confirmed in medicine ?

1Dr Luther says:  “The effect of songs and music in anesthetizing the nerves is stronger than the effect of drugs.”

Explanation: Sometimes numbness comes by food. For example alcoholic drinks create great numbness in the nerves and render ineffective the power of thinking and senses. Sometimes something is inhaled through the nose that creates numbness; for example heroine, which is absorbed in the body through the nostrils, which for a certain period of time makes one intoxicated and many such patients who require anesthesia by such matter, is injected into their veins. Sometimes this numbness comes through the ears by listening to music and concert. This effect sometimes is so strong that it takes out the person out of reality like a dazed one. And his attention is withdrawn from everything. ""

2. Dr. wolf Adler says : "The best and most fascinating tunes of music leaves the worst kind of effects on the nervous system of humans and especially when the climate is hot "

Explanation:A brisk and lively musical programme, particularly if it is accompanied by musical instruments, disturbs this equilibrium of the various systems; digestion is badly affected;                  palpitation of theheart is increased; blood pressure goes high and abnormal secretion of hormones leaves a lasting bad effect upon general health.
Music stimulates mostly the sympathetic nervous system; and it may create insomnia (lack of sleep); it may cause tempers to flareup;
sudden laughter or nonsensical talks are amongst its possible effects. It may even lead to mania (a kind of madness).Such people may be seen to move their hands and feet in dancing
pattern even when not listening to music. 

Dr. Vollf Adler , who was a professor in the Columbia University ,He proved that music upsets the nervous systems unnaturally , andcauses considerable fatigue.
This research of Dr. Adler had a widespread effect on many Americans .many stopped listening to music altogether . The belief that music was harmful for a progressive nation like U.S.A. , reached a stage when amember of the Senate proposed a resolution to ban the music in thecountry 

More information about this statement

3.  Dr. Orisan Stu Maron says : "Excitement is the greatest stroke of heart attack ".

Explanation:artists and singers are often due to a heart attack in the past .It turns out how dangerous the excitement of music is .

4.Dr. Arnold Friedmani (New York Medical Officer and Head of Headache Clinic) says :

He has proven, with the help of electronic devices, to determine the brain waves and experiences that he has gained during the visit of thousands of patients. Listening to radio music is one of the major factors of mental and emotional tiredness and neurological headache, especially for those who care about the music. Pay attention

1 hour ago, hamidhrt said:

I found statements on the web of various people about the dangers of music.

Please provide references.

Are these from scientific publications? Or, as appears more likely, religious websites.

On 3/20/2019 at 3:59 PM, Strange said:

Please provide references.

Are these from scientific publications? Or, as appears more likely, religious websites.

Yes more than religious sites

I want to know Are their claims true?
I'm looking for the truth

Do you approve Dr. Wolf Adler statement ?

references:

Bad vibrations

so I recently found the following statement:

Music as a Cause of Disease and as a Healing Agent, By Roberto Assagioli

What is your opinion about music ? 

On 3/20/2019 at 4:15 PM, iNow said:

Music too loud might hurt your hearing, but that’s about it.

In fact, studies released just this week show that even rage music like death metal increase feelings of happiness. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-47543875

references :

Bad vibrations

I recently found the following statement :

Music as a Cause of Disease and as a Healing Agent , By Roberto Assagioli

What is your opinion about music ? .

Any unwanted noise can cause stress and eventually bad health.

If your neighbor plays loud music at times when it disturbs you, it will stress you and be bad for you. While at the same time, your neighbor is enjoying him/herself. They even use hard rock music in torture.

The music itself is not the problem. The problem is if you are forced to listen to it when you don't want to.

27 minutes ago, hamidhrt said:

Who is Dr Wolf Adler and where was his statement published?

His statement looks like complete nonsense.

references:

Bad vibrations

That is a history book. It is describing old (and apparently very stupid) ideas that people in the past had.

https://www.routledge.com/Bad-Vibrations-The-History-of-the-Idea-of-Music-as-a-Cause-of-Disease/Kennaway/p/book/9781409426424

I recently found the following statement :

Music as a Cause of Disease and as a Healing Agent , By Roberto Assagioli

This is a science forum. That sort of idiotic website is not really useful.

What is your opinion about music ? .

I love it.

I want to know Are their claims true?
I'm looking for the truth

Then you should look for some scientific research on the subject.

11 minutes ago, QuantumT said:

Any unwanted noise can cause stress and eventually bad health.

If your neighbor plays loud music at times when it disturbs you, it will stress you and be bad for you. While at the same time, your neighbor is enjoying him/herself. They even use hard rock music in torture.

The music itself is not the problem. The problem is if you are forced to listen to it when you don't want to.

I can't decide what would be more torture - listening to unwanted music playing by neighbours or reading through the links the OP provided.

2 minutes ago, koti said:

I can't decide what would be more torture - listening to unwanted music playing by neighbours or reading through the links the OP provided.

I could tell by the quotes that it was pseudoscience at best.

My new next door neighbour actually asked me to turn the volume up of some u-tube videos of a Greek Angel named Nana Mouskouri I was playing. :D

Music [good music that is] sooths the savage beast! or words to that effect! :P

On 3/20/2019 at 12:17 PM, hamidhrt said:

Dr. wolf Adler says

Please provide a reference. 

Google: professor columbia university gives many hits
Google: professor columbia university wolf adler gives no reliable-looking results.

5 minutes ago, Strange said:

Then you should look for some scientific research on the subject.

Good point, I'll try to help OP on that by supplying an example that seems more reliable. Here is a more pop-sci text from an interview with Fredrik Ullén: 

Söderbaum: Is it true that you become smarter by playing an instrument?

Ullén: Children who play an instrument actively also become better at other school subjects, and they perform better statistically in IQ-tests of general talent. So there’s a chance that musicianship has positive influences –– but studies can be equivocal and it’s important to remember that the children who begin playing an instrument are often the ones without difficulties in other school subjects. The strongest indicator of positive influences because of musicianship is on linguistic abilities, and not your general IQ.

Söderbaum: Does the brain develop as much by singing as by playing an instrument?

Ullén: You can see effects on the brain when practicing both singing and playing an instrument, but the effects on the brain are not the same. Instrumentalists show other abilities in parts that control dexterity, while singers show abilities in parts that have to do with the voice.

Reference: https://lamusikgy.wordpress.com/2018/01/18/fredrik-ullen-neuroscientist-and-concert-pianist/

------------

Professor Fredrik Ullén's research focuses on the neuropsychology of expertise, in particular musical expertise. Here are some publications: https://ki.se/en/neuro/ullen-laboratory?_ga=2.264983052.223962401.1553205478-7530909.1553205478

Ullen's college Töres Theorell also have some publications, I haven't had time to locate many english sources. Here's a link to an english book on books.google containing references to Theorell. From there it might be possible to find English material regarding Theorell work on health and music.

1 hour ago, beecee said:

My new next door neighbour actually asked me to turn the volume up of some u-tube videos of a Greek Angel named Nana Mouskouri I was playing. :D

Music [good music that is] sooths the savage beast! or words to that effect! :P

These Aussie researchers found that listening to extreme music may represent a healthy way of processing anger.

"This study found that extreme music fans listen to music when angry to match their anger, and to feel more active and inspired. They also listen to music to regulate sadness and to enhance positive emotions. The results refute the notion that extreme music causes anger but further research is required to replicate these findings in naturalistic social contexts, and to investigate the potential contributions of individual listener variables on this relationship between extreme music listening and anger processing"

Edited by koti

Certain kinds of music and songs are depressive and someone already in depression, despondent (e.g. after recent lost) or with other mental problems, could commit suicide after listening such music for too long period of time.

For example Chopin Funeral March:

On 3/22/2019 at 3:00 AM, Sensei said:

Certain kinds of music and songs are depressive and someone already in depression, despondent (e.g. after recent lost) or with other mental problems, could commit suicide after listening such music for too long period of time.

Citation needed!

On 3/22/2019 at 3:00 AM, Sensei said:

For example Chopin Funeral March:

Anything could trigger a depressed person, someone looking the wrong way over a counter, a gesture even. On the other hand, listening to Chopin’s funeral march could lead to grandiose feelings of appreciation. I think you’re over interpreting things a bit, take a look at the research I linked in my above post.