Ten oz

U.S. Democratic Primary

2 hours ago, CharonY said:

... why?

Lol. Why not? At this point, hell... even I’m thinking about running myself to up my profile. 

1 hour ago, iNow said:

Lol. Why not? At this point, hell... even I’m thinking about running myself to up my profile. 

Finally a candidate we could all get behind...

6 hours ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

...we just have to convince you to run as a Republican

I’m not generally one to sell out and disregard my integrity, principles, and genuine desire for truth / valid understanding. Definitely appreciate your support, though, brother. Hope you will continue offering it even if I happen to decide to wear a different colored jersey. 

All kowtow to iNow!

14 hours ago, iNow said:

I’m not generally one to sell out and disregard my integrity, principles, and genuine desire for truth / valid understanding. Definitely appreciate your support, though, brother. Hope you will continue offering it even if I happen to decide to wear a different colored jersey. 

It appears you will have to run against Trump at some point...you're going to need to sharpen your elbows...

15 hours ago, iNow said:

To attack/change the Republicans you need to be one. As someone once said to me: If you want to change the system, you've got to be the system.

2 hours ago, StringJunky said:

To attack/change the Republicans you need to be one. As someone once said to me: If you want to change the system, you've got to be the system.

That's right. It was the Republicans who finally put their foot down and insisted Nixon resign after the Watergate scandal.

That was different time and place though, unlike the oligarchy they're subservient to now.

And, R Nixon was much more likable and sensible than D Trump...

On 1/27/2019 at 4:06 PM, iNow said:

538 is suggesting Mayor Bill de Blasio of NY may be next to announce (or that he’s at least testing the waters)

It's 4 months later, but de Blasio is now in, too

I certainly haven't checked them all out, but the only candidate I've paid any attention to and been impressed with is Andrew Yang.

Some might think Universal Basic Income is just an attempt to buy votes, but I think there is much more to it, and much more to Yang than that. (though that is the linchpin of his platform)

Although he is not known to be colluding with Russians Canadians at this point here is his website:

https://www.yang2020.com/

Edited by J.C.MacSwell

2 hours ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

I think there is much more to it, and much more to Yang than that.

I agree, and Yang is doing remarkably well. 

10 hours ago, iNow said:

I agree, and Yang is doing remarkably well. 

He's still somewhat under the radar but it will be interesting to see how he does in the June debates. I think he could gain a lot of interest, and not just from Democrats.

1 hour ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

He's still somewhat under the radar but it will be interesting to see how he does in the June debates. I think he could gain a lot of interest, and not just from Democrats.

Things change rapidly, but IMO him and Mayor Pete are the strongest 3rd tier candidates right now, with Warren and Harris being the strongest mid-tier candidates, and Biden plus Sanders at the top (though Bernie’s strength seems to be waning a bit with so many other candidates advocating similar policies...his strength seems more about name recognition right now and it’s diminishing as others get better known and recognized themselves).