coffeesippin

I appear to be on the way out the door .....

Recommended Posts

Hypervalent threatened to ban me after I posted this in Cornel's "Can science prove God"  (Can science prove God or Afterlife.)   To me her act is a display of intense personal hatred.

     Down in the thread, responding to a request for a definition of 'love' I presented:  

I don't know if bible verses will be allowed here, but probably everyone will have seen posters and greeting cards reading, "Love is kind, patient ..."   I'll try this instead:  'Love is that which leads to life.'  

Then we must define life .. biologists will have an opinion on that, and there will be many different opinions, because there will be staunch atheist biologists who believe we return only to dust, and those who believe in the eternal life with God after death hoped for by Jews, Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, and many others.

Does the science of Biology itself have anything to say about life after death?  Yes.  There is significant and unexplainable biological life after death according to Alexander Pozhitkov who was a postdoctoral researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology in Germany.   https://medium.com/neodotlife/gene-expression-lives-on-on-after-death-63b204727591  

Is there any practical value to believing in life after death aside from comfort of heaven?  Yes.  "... transplant researchers are exploring whether to keep organs warm on life support instead of chilled in coolers to improve transplant outcomes. It’s not clear the extent to which RNA transcription explains any of the benefits of warm transplants."

     Does biology proving life does not end with death prove God's existence?       That is another question .. but for sure Google knows how to enlarge on a topic.   

     For posting that I got a severe warning from Hypervalent that I was preaching and would be banned it I kept it up.

     Now, Moderators, if you can tell me where I was preaching in that post please do, although I almost certainly won't be able to read your response because Valent is about to ban me.   I've tried very hard to follow rules here, and not to bring God into topics where he is not part of the subject, but to stick to the topic, which you can clearly see I was doing here.  However, Valent seems to want one thing for me only, and that is out.  I have never insulted or threatened her or any mod here, or any member.  I have never used profanity or lewdness.  I'm very, very sorry that Valent has a need to slash out in anger at the mention of God. 

    I seem unable to reach the other Administrators for help with this problem as the format on the home page no longer carries 'staff' when displayed to me.

     This then is almost certainly Goodbye.  I wish you all well, I'm glad to have been here.   

 

Edited by coffeesippin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was not necessarily that one single post that triggered my mod note, it was also the few posts of yours that preceded it. The post you have quoted of yours does leave a lot to be desired, and I mentioned this in my note. Specifically, the idea that the opinion of one scientist is equivalent to what is known from science is absurd, and does you a disservice. 

You were preaching in that thread, and you will be banned if you continue to disregard moderator warnings and the forum rules. Do not pretend as though we have sought you out simply because of your beliefs in God, or that I have ever done anything towards you in anger because of your stated opinions on God when I have not. Frustration perhaps, since you continue to break the same rules time and time again, but not anger, and not for your beliefs. 

 

19 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

I've tried very hard to follow rules here, and not to bring God into topics where he is not part of the subject, but to stick to the topic, which you can clearly see I was doing here.  However, Valent seems to want one thing for me only, and that is out.  I have never insulted or threatened her or any mod here, or any member.  I have never used profanity or lewdness.

 

I have to believe that this is purely disingenuous on your part. You have acquired 1 suspension and 7 warning points since joining less than a month ago, most of which were not given to you by me. Are you genuinely suggesting that those are not as a result of you not being able to follow the rules here, or that I am the cause of your troubles here rather than your own behaviour?

Furthermore, I have not wanted you out. Indeed, I do not really wish for anyone to be "out". What I would like is for everyone to follow the rules and play nice; unfortunately, that is not in agreement with the reality of a publicly available, web-based discussion forum. As such, we have rules and staff to enforce those rules so that this place is able to meet its primary intention - to discuss science (and other topics surrounding science) in a rational, intelligent, and respectful manner. If you are unable to comply with the rules we have designed in order to do that, then yes, you will find yourself banned. You would not be banned purely because of me, since no one is banned at the sole discretion of one staff member. We discuss things. We have minimum quotas to meet before action is able to be taken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, hypervalent_iodine said:

It was not necessarily that one single post that triggered my mod note, it was also the few posts of yours that preceded it. The post you have quoted of yours does leave a lot to be desired, and I mentioned this in my note. Specifically, the idea that the opinion of one scientist is equivalent to what is known from science is absurd, and does you a disservice. 

You were preaching in that thread, and you will be banned if you continue to disregard moderator warnings and the forum rules. Do not pretend as though we have sought you out simply because of your beliefs in God, or that I have ever done anything towards you in anger because of your stated opinions on God when I have not. Frustration perhaps, since you continue to break the same rules time and time again, but not anger, and not for your beliefs. 

 

 

I have to believe that this is purely disingenuous on your part. You have acquired 1 suspension and 7 warning points since joining less than a month ago, most of which were not given to you by me. Are you genuinely suggesting that those are not as a result of you not being able to follow the rules here, or that I am the cause of your troubles here rather than your own behaviour?

Furthermore, I have not wanted you out. Indeed, I do not really wish for anyone to be "out". What I would like is for everyone to follow the rules and play nice; unfortunately, that is not in agreement with the reality of a publicly available, web-based discussion forum. As such, we have rules and staff to enforce those rules so that this place is able to meet its primary intention - to discuss science (and other topics surrounding science) in a rational, intelligent, and respectful manner. If you are unable to comply with the rules we have designed in order to do that, then yes, you will find yourself banned. You would not be banned purely because of me, since no one is banned at the sole discretion of one staff member. We discuss things. We have minimum quotas to meet before action is able to be taken. 

I was NOT preaching in that thread and you can NOT show me where I was.  I present SCIENCE in that thread from a very qualified scientist.

Sorry Valent, but in my opinion a lot of your reaction has to do with some kind of relationship between you and BeeCee, and that is not my opinion only, others have seen it.  Your reaction is that of a bad mother who has been offended that another person has tried to correct her wayward son, and I sincerely believe your son may be BeeCee, who I have had on ignore because of his continuous severe insulting behaviour, lewdness and disrespect for science, and who follows me around reporting what he wants you to see as offences.  Your anger when I pointed out the difference in your attitude toward BeeCee and me was clear .. and other members have said the same thing .. BeeCee gets a soft response and the others harsh.  Is BeeCee a handicapped child or something?  The other mods and I have got onto level ground and mutual respect, but not you.  The second suspension was given by you, for no good reason.  You talk about rules and discussion of science but what you are engaged in is a sadistic little sideshow OBEY THE RULES WHIP OBEY THE RULES SLASH OBEY THE RULES STAB all for your own pleasure which was passed along to a couple of your mods, with Swan in particular giving 45% of suspensions and banns out of EIGHT moderators.    However, even Swan and I seemed to get on level ground.   

I don't care if you use this message as evidence I should be banned, Valent, but I am NOT the little boy who kicked sand at you in a sandbox.  I don't go around condemning women who visit abortion clinics.  I don't criticize your right to vote.  I have three daughters and three granddaughters, I don't hate women, but you sure have a hatred on for me, and I'm a man, and I can ONLY think it's because you see me as a rightwing t.v. evangelist man who would put women into dungeons.  Well .. that's severe prejudice and bigotry on your part, and you have absolutely NO evidence to support it, and it's based on my use of scripture when the topic includes God. 

Your reactions to me have NOTHING to do with science or rules on this forum.  If they were you could provide examples and you can't, only accusation after accusation.   

Good luck with your life, and I hope you have a Merry Christmas or whatever religious or non-religious days and events you observe, if any.  

This statement of yours shows how absurd YOUR interpretation of what I write is:

The post you have quoted of yours does leave a lot to be desired, and I mentioned this in my note. Specifically, the idea that the opinion of one scientist is equivalent to what is known from science is absurd, and does you a disservice. 

Disservice?   Just look at what you wrote.  Preaching?  Get a hold of a KJV and read the Revelation.  Get some fear of God in you.  

Edited by coffeesippin
Probably the final word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

I appear to be on the way out the door .....

It's OK brother, trust me, I know how you feel.  Just relax and play by the rules because I really don't want to see you go.   If the mods wanted you out you'd be gone, but they're fairly reasonable people that need to run a tight ship.  The fact that you're still here proves that and shows that they at least see some value in your posts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DirtyChai said:

It's OK brother, trust me, I know how you feel.  Just relax and play by the rules because I really don't want to see you go.   If the mods wanted you out you'd be gone, but they're fairly reasonable people that need to run a tight ship.  The fact that you're still here proves that and shows that they at least see some value in your posts.

 

Actually, the mods and I seem to have got onto level ground for the most part.  This is Valent's doing now, and it seems a very personal thing.  You show me where I broke a rule in that post, Chai.   Or any of the rules in any of my posts especially since I came back after the suspension.  If the topic includes God and I write God I'll be accused of breaking the rules.  I'm said to be preaching in that post .. can you see preaching?  As soon as I declared the KJV to be true I was a marked man on this forum.  Simple as that.  Have a good Christmas, Chai. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

This statement of yours shows how absurd YOUR interpretation of what I write is:

The post you have quoted of yours does leave a lot to be desired, and I mentioned this in my note. Specifically, the idea that the opinion of one scientist is equivalent to what is known from science is absurd, and does you a disservice. 

What is absurd about that? It is very important to distinguish science from the opinions of scientists (which are just as likely to be sensible or crazy as anyone else’s views).

49 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

Disservice?   Just look at what you wrote.  Preaching?  Get a hold of a KJV and read the Revelation.  Get some fear of God in you.  

You just can’t stop, can you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Strange said:

What is absurd about that? It is very important to distinguish science from the opinions of scientists (which are just as likely to be sensible or crazy as anyone else’s views).

You just can’t stop, can you. 

Not now Strange.  I didn't ask for this, it was put on me.  Now Valent has it, and you have it.  YOU show me the preaching in the post about biological life after death.  It was ALL science from a Scientist, except the little introduction which was to answer a question posed in that topic CAN SCIENCE PROVE GOD?  Don't miss that very important fact, Strange.   Did Valent think I was talking about fetuses or something when the author mentioned transplant organs?  Does it look to you like I was protesting abortion?    WHAT is going on in this forum except lack of people with the button actually READING what is written!!   But I'm glad it came to this .. because now I AM PREACHING.  READ the Revelation.  GET the fear of the Lord.  Time is short.  ALL of you reading this.  GET the fear of the Lord.  The time IS SHORT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Fear of the Lord - is it available on amazon? Or where, being as it’s selling out so fast?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

Not now Strange.  I didn't ask for this, it was put on me. 

Yes you did. The responses you get from moderators (usually prompter's by complaints from members) are entirely due to your behaviour. Fix that and the problem goes away. And by "fix that" I mean start following the rules.

21 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

YOU show me the preaching in the post about biological life after death.

The only reason you posted that was to try and justify your previous irrelevant little rant about god and love.

22 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

because now I AM PREACHING.  READ the Revelation.  GET the fear of the Lord.  Time is short.  ALL of you reading this.  GET the fear of the Lord.  The time IS SHORT!

I fear your time may be short if you insist on carrying on like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nevim said:

The Fear of the Lord - is it available on amazon? Or where, being as it’s selling out so fast?

Merry Christmas, Nevim.

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

Yes you did. The responses you get from moderators (usually prompter's by complaints from members) are entirely due to your behaviour. Fix that and the problem goes away. And by "fix that" I mean start following the rules.

The only reason you posted that was to try and justify your previous irrelevant little rant about god and love.

I fear your time may be short if you insist on carrying on like this.

Yup time IS short Strange and you know it .. the whole world knows it.  Grab some Love and share it before the fire falls.

Obey the rules?  That topic was about God, Strange.  I didn't open it.  I just joined it.  Someone said define God.  I said God is Love.  Someone said define Love.  I tried that not using scripture .. 'Love leads to life.'   Prompters from complaints by members .. BeeCee, the wayward child, someone's pet, following me around pushing the report button and the 'down' count button at every post.   Other people here saw the BeeCee thing, what a shame to have such a case on a forum.  But all things work for our good.

Ditch the sadism you've picked up here Strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DirtyChai said:

It's OK brother, trust me, I know how you feel.  Just relax and play by the rules because I really don't want to see you go.   If the mods wanted you out you'd be gone, but they're fairly reasonable people that need to run a tight ship.  The fact that you're still here proves that and shows that they at least see some value in your posts.

 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coffeesippin said:

Preaching? 

....and the very next sentence:-

2 hours ago, coffeesippin said:

Get a hold of a KJV and read the Revelation.  Get some fear of God in you.

....which is preaching.

I don't care personally - I like discussion about such things. It is against the forum rules though to just assert what you believe as a fact without supporting evidence.  The bible is not supporting evidence of itself - it can't be. So by trying to discuss revelation with the only provided evidence is from revelation then that is just going to go in circles if it was allowed....  so they shut it down before it does. Revelations was a book written by (supposedly John?) a man who was hallucinating after been locked away in a prison for years on an island.  Why would any suspect there is any sense in it 2000 years on after it was written. There are always wars and rumours of wars...  there have been for 1000s of years.

1 hour ago, coffeesippin said:

GET the fear of the Lord

After 35 years or so of living with that fear....   get the truth - the truth will set you free (from the fear). Fuck that backward barbaric religion and live you life in love and peace, caring for you fellow man and yourself....  not living in fear because of some book of fairy tales written 2000 years ago. 

I feel we could have a really interesting conversation, but it probably won't be allowed if you claim victory after every post by insisting that 'the scripture say x,y,z,'   so x, y ,z is true regardless of whatever evidence we have for or against it.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DrP said:

....and the very next sentence:-

....which is preaching.

I don't care personally - I like discussion about such things. It is against the forum rules though to just assert what you believe as a fact without supporting evidence.  The bible is not supporting evidence of itself - it can't be. So by trying to discuss revelation with the only provided evidence is from revelation then that is just going to go in circles if it was allowed....  so they shut it down before it does. Revelations was a book written by (supposedly John?) a man who was hallucinating after been locked away in a prison for years on an island.  Why would any suspect there is any sense in it 2000 years on after it was written. There are always wars and rumours of wars...  there have been for 1000s of years.

After 35 years or so of living with that fear....   get the truth - the truth will set you free (from the fear). Fuck that backward barbaric religion and live you life in love and peace, caring for you fellow man and yourself....  not living in fear because of some book of fairy tales written 2000 years ago. 

I feel we could have a really interesting conversation, but it probably won't be allowed if you claim victory after every post by insisting that 'the scripture say x,y,z,'   so x, y ,z is true regardless of whatever evidence we have for or against it.

 

 

 

The scientific evidence to support the book of Revelation is all around you.  Poison air.  Poison oceans and lakes.  Global Warming power given to the sun to scorch men with heat.  The U.S. and rest of the world about to go to war over Persian Gulf oil )1/3 of men killed in one hour .. nuclear war .. from the angels in the Euphrates River .. Syria, Iraq, Iran.  That is evidence.  Who told you John was hallucinating?  The disciples weren't dope fiends.  Satan told you John was hallucinating.  God tells you it was a vision, as the other prophets had visions.  Yes, the truth will set us free, and perfect love casteth out all fear.  Yes, I'm preaching, but I had to be pushed into it .. I tried doing it there way but that wasn't good enough either .. I was being pushed out the door no matter which way I turned, so yes, goodbye, fear the Lord, repent and believe on Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.  The time is short.  The kingdom of God is at hand.  "My kingdom is not of this world."  Jesus Christ     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, coffeesippin said:

Yes, I'm preaching, but I had to be pushed into it ..

Pushed into it because reason and logic weren't supporting your argument...? 

So, you had to resort to asserting your opinion that the book is the holy word of god and can't be questioned because your arguments fall short otherwise. Without the book you have no argument.  You can't win an argument here just by claiming 'what I am saying is true and everything else is a lie because it say so in this old book' without supporting it with real world evidence. Wars and rumours of wars have been about for a long time.  Maybe there will be a nuclear war  -  I hope not, but if there is then that doesn't prove anything in revelations at all. 

I have to go back to work anyway - have a nice day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, and the fact that He said that things will just keep getting worse, and that this world will ultimately be destroyed by fire is pretty consistent with science, isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coffeesippin said:

I was NOT preaching in that thread and you can NOT show me where I was.  I present SCIENCE in that thread from a very qualified scientist.

Sorry Valent, but in my opinion a lot of your reaction has to do with some kind of relationship between you and BeeCee, and that is not my opinion only, others have seen it.  Your reaction is that of a bad mother who has been offended that another person has tried to correct her wayward son, and I sincerely believe your son may be BeeCee, who I have had on ignore because of his continuous severe insulting behaviour, lewdness and disrespect for science, and who follows me around reporting what he wants you to see as offences.  Your anger when I pointed out the difference in your attitude toward BeeCee and me was clear .. and other members have said the same thing .. BeeCee gets a soft response and the others harsh.  Is BeeCee a handicapped child or something?  The other mods and I have got onto level ground and mutual respect, but not you.  The second suspension was given by you, for no good reason.  You talk about rules and discussion of science but what you are engaged in is a sadistic little sideshow OBEY THE RULES WHIP OBEY THE RULES SLASH OBEY THE RULES STAB all for your own pleasure which was passed along to a couple of your mods, with Swan in particular giving 45% of suspensions and banns out of EIGHT moderators.    However, even Swan and I seemed to get on level ground.   

I don't care if you use this message as evidence I should be banned, Valent, but I am NOT the little boy who kicked sand at you in a sandbox.  I don't go around condemning women who visit abortion clinics.  I don't criticize your right to vote.  I have three daughters and three granddaughters, I don't hate women, but you sure have a hatred on for me, and I'm a man, and I can ONLY think it's because you see me as a rightwing t.v. evangelist man who would put women into dungeons.  Well .. that's severe prejudice and bigotry on your part, and you have absolutely NO evidence to support it, and it's based on my use of scripture when the topic includes God. 

Your reactions to me have NOTHING to do with science or rules on this forum.  If they were you could provide examples and you can't, only accusation after accusation.   

Good luck with your life, and I hope you have a Merry Christmas or whatever religious or non-religious days and events you observe, if any.  

This statement of yours shows how absurd YOUR interpretation of what I write is:

The post you have quoted of yours does leave a lot to be desired, and I mentioned this in my note. Specifically, the idea that the opinion of one scientist is equivalent to what is known from science is absurd, and does you a disservice. 

Disservice?   Just look at what you wrote.  Preaching?  Get a hold of a KJV and read the Revelation.  Get some fear of God in you.  

 

1 hour ago, coffeesippin said:

Not now Strange.  I didn't ask for this, it was put on me.  Now Valent has it, and you have it.  YOU show me the preaching in the post about biological life after death.  It was ALL science from a Scientist, except the little introduction which was to answer a question posed in that topic CAN SCIENCE PROVE GOD?  Don't miss that very important fact, Strange.   Did Valent think I was talking about fetuses or something when the author mentioned transplant organs?  Does it look to you like I was protesting abortion?    WHAT is going on in this forum except lack of people with the button actually READING what is written!!   But I'm glad it came to this .. because now I AM PREACHING.  READ the Revelation.  GET the fear of the Lord.  Time is short.  ALL of you reading this.  GET the fear of the Lord.  The time IS SHORT!

 

Do you know, that in all our correspondence, I am not sure I have ever brought my gender - and certainly not my opinion on a woman's right to abortion - into discussion? You say you don't condemn women, but you certainly do bring up the fact that I am one a lot in a post where you attempt to deride my character and my ability to moderate this forum. Why? What possible bearing does it have on this conversation?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hypervalent_iodine said:

Do you know, that in all our correspondence, I am not sure I have ever brought my gender - and certainly not my opinion on a woman's right to abortion - into discussion? You say you don't condemn women, but you certainly do bring up the fact that I am one a lot in a post where you attempt to deride my character and my ability to moderate this forum. Why?

I know I am not supposed to say this in threads (for some reason)  but that points to a sock puppet of an older banned account or something then does it not?  If they already know a lot about you before you have disclosed that info then maybe they are remembering conversations as other avatars or something. I could be wrong  -  maybe he found your gender from reading other posts of yours or talking to someone else.

I quite like talking to him as it goes....  apart from the departure from reason when he looses a point in the discussion and it just slips back to 'thus sayeth the lord'.  I am not sure how to get through to him that you can't just quote the bible in an argument and expect people to take it as fact. I guess that's how he has been trained and conditioned to argue from years of churching...  I used to be like it myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DrP said:

I am not sure how to get through to him that you can't just quote the bible in an argument and expect people to take it as fact. I guess that's how he has been trained and conditioned to argue from years of churching...  I used to be like it myself.

We like to use scripture alone because it keeps us from adding any of our own possibly flawed interpretations.  For many Christians the point of any given verse is pretty obvious, but it seems to be even more obvious that a bit of commentary helps, and in many cases may actually be necessary.

Edited by DirtyChai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hypervalent_iodine said:

 

 

Do you know, that in all our correspondence, I am not sure I have ever brought my gender - and certainly not my opinion on a woman's right to abortion - into discussion? You say you don't condemn women, but you certainly do bring up the fact that I am one a lot in a post where you attempt to deride my character and my ability to moderate this forum. Why? What possible bearing does it have on this conversation?  

Deride my character?  Is pointing out your faults as you so love to point out what you perceive are the faults of others deriding your character?  Are you and your mods deriding characters when you enforce your rules that you adopt to situations suiting yourselves?  I have no button to push on this side, Iodine, just words.   

"you certainly do bring up the fact that I am one a lot"  Those are your words, Iodine.  A GREAT exaggeration.

"Your reaction is that of a bad mother who has been offended that another person has tried to correct her wayward son..."   That identifies your gender I suppose.  But so does, Empress of Everything .. plus Empress declares your attitude too, I AM THE BOSS and you bring down the hammer too on the innocent and let the guilty go free .. But 'don't you dare tell me how to moderate this forum.'   OH the button of banishment .. that great authority of the tyrant.

Iodine .. what preaching did you see in the biology post in the topic about God and the afterlife?  I strongly suspected you saw the part about keeping transplant organs warm, and thought I was talking pro life or something.  And no, I didn't deride women in any way.  I didn't deride you.  But I'm not going to allow you to enjoy a sadistic little entertainment either,  POWER OVER OTHERS!!!!   EMPRESS OF EVERYTHING!!!!!! 

Time is short, Empress, the kingdom of God is at hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DirtyChai said:

We like to use scripture alone because it keeps us from adding any of our own possibly flawed interpretations

Except that different Christians sometimes interpret the same verses in different ways.  Why would god let that happen if he was real? Where is the holy ghost's guidance in this? Look to your heart  -  you know it's nonsense - you have been lied to and are lying to yourself. 

Keep the love  -  drop the lies and delusion. x

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DirtyChai said:

We like to use scripture alone because it keeps us from adding any of our own possibly flawed interpretations.  For many Christians the point of any given verse is pretty obvious, but it seems to be even more obvious that a bit of commentary helps, and in many cases may actually necessary.

 

We don't like members simply posting verses for the same reason we don't like members posting videos or links with no commentary - it lacks the context necessary to continue discussion. We have a Religion section for the general discussion of theological matters, but as a general rule we still prefer that threads there are approached scientifically in as much as is possible. "Is God real?" or threads that aim simply to proselytise do not really have a place here. With some restrictions, thought experiments where the bounds of discussion are framed clearly and correctly are fine, and we don't mind people talking about the bible, or even presenting its contents. This should always be from an objective standpoint, and should always be accompanied with some explanation as to why it pertains to the thread and / or supports the points you are trying to get across. 

 

1 minute ago, coffeesippin said:

Deride my character?  Is pointing out your faults as you so love to point out what you perceive are the faults of others deriding your character?  Are you and your mods deriding characters when you enforce your rules that you adopt to situations suiting yourselves?  I have no button to push on this side, Iodine, just words.   

"you certainly do bring up the fact that I am one a lot"  Those are your words, Iodine.  A GREAT exaggeration.

"Your reaction is that of a bad mother who has been offended that another person has tried to correct her wayward son..."   That identifies your gender I suppose.  But so does, Empress of Everything .. plus Empress declares your attitude too, I AM THE BOSS and you bring down the hammer too on the innocent and let the guilty go free .. But 'don't you dare tell me how to moderate this forum.'   OH the button of banishment .. that great authority of the tyrant.

Iodine .. what preaching did you see in the biology post in the topic about God and the afterlife?  I strongly suspected you saw the part about keeping transplant organs warm, and thought I was talking pro life or something.  And no, I didn't deride women in any way.  I didn't deride you.  But I'm not going to allow you to enjoy a sadistic little entertainment either,  POWER OVER OTHERS!!!!   EMPRESS OF EVERYTHING!!!!!! 

Time is short, Empress, the kingdom of God is at hand.

 

My friend, I strongly suggest you take a break, have some tea, and consider whether this small corner of the internet is really worth getting so worked up over, or if it warrants so much melodramatic prose. I have done nothing to offend you personally, merely asked that you comply with the rules. If you wish that I clarify my warnings, you are welcome to contact me and I will do so. 

3 minutes ago, DrP said:

Except that different Christians sometimes interpret the same verses in different ways.  Why would god let that happen if he was real? Where is the holy ghost's guidance in this? Look to your heart  -  you know it's nonsense - you have been lied to and are lying to yourself. 

Keep the love  -  drop the lies and delusion. x

 

 

DrP, I am actively participating in this thread so I do not have my staff cap on, but this post is out of line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DrP said:
21 minutes ago, DirtyChai said:

We like to use scripture alone because it keeps us from adding any of our own possibly flawed interpretations

Except that different Christians sometimes interpret the same verses in different ways. 

Ya, duh.  That's exactly what I was talking about.  Even you might interpret it differently.  Sometimes it's just better to let people believe what they want to believe.  They will see whatever they want to see no matter how hard I try to convince them otherwise.

 

6 minutes ago, DrP said:

you know it's nonsense - you have been lied to and are lying to yourself. 

And the reality of this world makes sense to you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hypervalent_iodine said:

DrP, I am actively participating in this thread so I do not have my staff cap on, but this post is out of line. 

OK HI - Can you report it to another mod then please as I can't see the problem with it. I am happy for you to explain it to me though here if you wish.  Out of line - how so?

Just now, DirtyChai said:

And the reality of this world makes sense to you?

Does it have to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hypervalent_iodine said:

 

We don't like members simply posting verses for the same reason we don't like members posting videos or links with no commentary - it lacks the context necessary to continue discussion. We have a Religion section for the general discussion of theological matters, but as a general rule we still prefer that threads there are approached scientifically in as much as is possible. "Is God real?" or threads that aim simply to proselytise do not really have a place here. With some restrictions, thought experiments where the bounds of discussion are framed clearly and correctly are fine, and we don't mind people talking about the bible, or even presenting its contents. This should always be from an objective standpoint, and should always be accompanied with some explanation as to why it pertains to the thread and / or supports the points you are trying to get across. 

 

 

My friend, I strongly suggest you take a break, have some tea, and consider whether this small corner of the internet is really worth getting so worked up over, or if it warrants so much melodramatic prose. I have done nothing to offend you personally, merely asked that you comply with the rules. If you wish that I clarify my warnings, you are welcome to contact me and I will do so. 

 

DrP, I am actively participating in this thread so I do not have my staff cap on, but this post is out of line. 

Absolutely .. I need to rest .. to go to sleep.  But why is Dr. P's post out of line?  That's another clear example of why the forum needs better moderation .. 'it is out of line because ...'  'This is what you said that was against the rules ...."   'This is how you went OT .....'   Nothing like that though .. just SLAM down the hammer and discourage the discussion.   Topics on God you see as proselytizing instead of asking for discussion.  I open a topic on the Bible Revelation and how science today proves it .. it gets closed.  If someone opened a topic on how science proves a grapefruit has vitamin C it would remain open.   I gotta go.   Believe in God.  Time IS short.  If I'm gone from here I'm gone.  Will see you in heaven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hypervalent_iodine said:

We don't like members simply posting verses for the same reason we don't like members posting videos or links with no commentary - it lacks the context necessary to continue discussion

Ya, I get that.  My point was that many Christians feel that a simple verse may adequately address a particular question/problem, but I understand that that's not always the case.

 

3 minutes ago, DrP said:
6 minutes ago, DirtyChai said:

And the reality of this world makes sense to you?

Does it have to?

If it doesn't, then you know it's nonsense.  You've most likely been lying to yourself trying to make sense of it all, just like you accuse others. .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now