Ukraine and Russia

Ten oz

11 hours ago, Raider5678 said:

LMAO.

Armed? 

"Honey! Go grab the hockey stick!"

*(This is a joke and not intended to be taken seriously in any context. I remove myself from any responsibility of proving why or why not someone may say this in Canada)

That's a good one!   Wish it were true.

12 hours ago, Sensei said:

Stalin caused death of over 4-8 millions of Ukrainians...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

If I would be moderator, you would be banned in the "blink of an eye".. as it's too obvious you're simply Russian agent..

Caucasians caused the deaths of 50 million native Americans and are still doing it.  Who sits in evil's chair?

Petro Poroshenko with Ukrainian army soldiers. One of them carries the logo of Waffen SS Totenkopf Viking division:

Its not an isolated case - there is at least one official Interior Ministry formation that uses insignia of Waffen SS (yes, two of them at the same time) as official emblem. 

8105_800.jpg

Edited by Hans de Vries

• 3 weeks later...

England has sent a war ship to the Black Sea to show support for the Ukraine. I wish there was a more organized effort including all Allies. 

A Royal Navy warship which has been sent to Ukraine will send a strong message to Russian President Vladimir Putin, the UK's defence secretary says.

HMS Echo was sent into the Black Sea earlier this month, after Russia seized three shipsbelonging to Ukraine's navy and their crews.

Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson has visited the ship in the port of Odessa.

He said the presence of the British ship shows support for Ukraine in the face of increased Russian aggression.

It will be followed by other warships as part of a more constant British presence, he said.

Link

18 minutes ago, Ten oz said:

England has sent a war ship to the Black Sea to show support for the Ukraine. I wish there was a more organized effort including all Allies. 

There might be, it's just that we probably volunteered to send a ship to start the process. I can see us taking the lead on this, with Trump not wanting upset his Russian friend. ;) 

Edited by StringJunky

24 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

There might be, it's just that we probably volunteered to send a ship to start the process. I can see us taking the lead on this, with Trump not wanting upset his Russian friend. ;) 

Here in the U.S. the Sec of Defense and Chief of Staff (both retired Generals) have very recently stepped down over differences they had with Trump over military related foreign policy. At this moment I have no idea which advisers Trump's accepts insight from. I don't even know who is in the room anymore. So while I would like to hope that my govt is quietly supporting the Ukraine and that the Royal Naval is operating in the Black Sea with U.S. support (full operational logistics) I do not know if that is true. 

3 minutes ago, Ten oz said:

Here in the U.S. the Sec of Defense and Chief of Staff (both retired Generals) have very recently stepped down over differences they had with Trump over military related foreign policy. At this moment I have no idea which advisers Trump's accepts insight from. I don't even know who is in the room anymore. So while I would like to hope that my govt is quietly supporting the Ukraine and that the Royal Naval is operating in the Black Sea with U.S. support (full operational logistics) I do not know if that is true. 

Yes, it's very disturbing that  Mattis has stepped down, given that he has all round partisan support in the position, because Trump won't take his advice.  

32 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Yes, it's very disturbing that  Mattis has stepped down, given that he has all round partisan support in the position, because Trump won't take his advice.  

I am not sure what you by all around partisan support. Mattis is a fairly extreme figured. The Obama admin had forced him to retire and his nick name is "Mad Dog" because he is known for extreme positions. Only relative to Trump is Mattis viewed as something resembling a moderate or non-partisan figure. That is how bad things are here, so bad that yesterday's extremists are viewed as moderates today due to the curve Trump puts on the scale. 

7 minutes ago, Ten oz said:

I am not sure what you by all around partisan support. Mattis is a fairly extreme figured. The Obama admin had forced him to retire and his nick name is "Mad Dog" because he is known for extreme positions. Only relative to Trump is Mattis viewed as something resembling a moderate or non-partisan figure. That is how bad things are here, so bad that yesterday's extremists are viewed as moderates today due to the curve Trump puts on the scale. 

i read that members of both sides were disturbed at his departure and that he is an 'island of stability' in an erratic administration. He was a general, so couldn't be that mad.

36 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

i read that members of both sides were disturbed at his departure and that he is an 'island of stability' in an erratic administration. He was a general, so couldn't be that mad.

That is all relative to Trump himself and who you are reading from. As a General who had been fired by the previous administration Mattis was one of the more partisan Sec of Defense we've had. At different points throughout Trump's time in office McMaster, Cohen, Tillerson, Kelly, Mattis, and even for a short time Flynn were considered to be the adults in the room. All would have been too controversial for any Republican President other than Trump and all have been booted by Trump.