Glitches/Suggestions about the 2018 update to SFN

I came across this jus now, I have no idea if this is relevant in any way (either than DrP's evolution state) or if it's on the server side or on my side but I might as well share.
@DrP's status is "Molecule" in the main thread view but it shows "Beacon of Hope" in his profile view:

Zrzut ekranu 2018-04-05 16.14.05.png

Zrzut ekranu 2018-04-05 16.14.15.png

16 minutes ago, swansont said:

"Beacon of Hope" is a title based on reputation. "Molecule" is based on number of posts.

Right. There's still something wrong though, I'm a "Primate" at 221 rep points and DrP is a "Molecule" at 414 rep points.
I'm not saying molecules do not deserve respect but still...

3 minutes ago, koti said:

Right. There's still something wrong though, I'm a "Primate" at 221 rep points and DrP is a "Molecule" at 414 rep points.
I'm not saying molecules do not deserve respect but still...

It's done on no.of posts, not rep. He needs to pm Cap'n Refsmat and  tell him he's stuck on the Molecule designation. Mine was stuck there for years on Molecule until I mentioned it to him.I can't remember what the problem was that caused it.

There are two titles: one is related to reputation and appears under your cumulative reputation on your profile. The other is to do with number of posts. That is your member title / rank, and this is the one you see under user names. There is also a third one as well, which is designated (I believe) based on length of time as a registered member. These represent membership groups, and are used by staff to allocate different types of members different posting abilities. You see these titles under you avatar on posts, and under your user name on your profile.

5 minutes ago, hypervalent_iodine said:

There are two titles: one is related to reputation and appears under your cumulative reputation on your profile. The other is to do with number of posts. That is your member title / rank, and this is the one you see under user names. There is also a third one as well, which is designated (I believe) based on length of time as a registered member. These represent membership groups, and are used by staff to allocate different types of members different posting abilities. You see these titles under you avatar on posts, and under your user name on your profile.

Right. However you look at it though, DrP shouldn't be a "Molecule" if I'm a "Primate" He joined long before I did, he's got more posts and more rep points than I do.

Yes, my assumption is that some older members might have had their titles manually entered at some point, so the system isn’t automatically ticking the titles over. I’ll have to see if I can fix it. 

Edit: it seems that deleting the rank magically solved the issue. DrP is now a Primate. 

Thanks Koti  -  you know I hadn't really noticed. lol.  I just assumed my status was still molecule - I've never really given it much thought or attention.

Thanks for the promotion H_I. :) 

17 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Top one I think. You get it at 5000 posts IIRC.

Incorrect. There are two above Genius. SuperNerd is at 10000 posts (iNow has this), and Postcount Hacker at 65535 posts. 

3 minutes ago, DrP said:

Thanks Koti  -  you know I hadn't really noticed. lol.  I just assumed my status was still molecule - I've never really given it much thought or attention.

No problems. I’ll expect the Cheese Nips in the mail.

7 minutes ago, DrP said:

Theres really not many things less relevant than this but I thought that bringing this up may help with some other SFN database issues that might come up. Looks like deleting your status triggered the apropriate DB behaviour so its a lesson for the future - if something doesn’t work, just delete it :P