the meaning behind your username..

blike

Guest Widow
Originally posted by blike

Is that the one with the widow and the oil or bread or something?

Nice to have you, btw. What was the google search that led here?

The parable relates the story of a woman who tithed the smallest coin minted at the time at the temple who was scorned and verbally abused by the pharisees for her small donation. The point of the story was that the coin she'd given was all the money she owned, and that it was worth more than the piles of gold the wealthy members gave, which was only a tiny fraction of their wealth.

It's supposed to teach to you to be generous in all ways. ;)

And I don't remember the exact string, but I was actually plumbing the 'net for information about several sea creatures. (Whale fish, blue whales, giant squids.) It was brought on by several interesting articles I'd read on cnn.com and nationalgeographic.com --one of those sudden need-to-know-more-details moods.

My username is pretty straight forward. I like lizards.... Sometimes I vary it up a bit and choose a type of lizard to use as a name, but usually it has something to do with lizards. And the 20 is just because that's how old I am and I couldn't think of anything more creative... I guess it's going to be a little outdated in a few months but oh well! My name is actually Amanda, but that is a pretty boring name if you ask me....

• 1 month later...

Hmmm.......So strange are those......Is there anyway to change my user name?......I like Aoi Okami alot better........Its what I use for school in my Japanese class.............Radical Edward ROCKS...(the guy from the show.....don't know about this one....maybe....)......Hackers FOREVER...........

i made my anme up

when i was younger id read a hell load of books, and sorta created a character, anmed erador

thus the sickness spread so that i even got a new email address to suit it.

erador is i and i is erador

ok wierd i know

but heck

IM ENTITLED TO MY OPINION

lol

My username was given to me about three years ago. I was a member of a chat site, but couldn't be bothered to think of a name, so I just used to log on as 'guest' (the default). Eventually they decided I had to have a name, as it got confusing when newbies logged in as guest also.

I couldn't think of a name (it's quite hard to name yourself I think), so they asked me stuff like what music I like, what I like to do, etc., and they fixed on my bike. They figured "...if you ride a Glide, it makes you a Glider." Simple as that really.

• 8 months later...

Well if anyone hasnt guessed my name is the four dimensional equivalent of a cube.Also known as a hypercube.I just thought it sounded nifty.Everyone already knows my real name. :P

If not ask Phi for All.Or YT2095.Mostly anyone.

awh fohsiglahksin eaohoihfoiuh haieofljkgf

or something along those lines :rolleyes:

i needed a name for something a while ago (i forgot what, maybe it was a D&D thing...), so i typed in random letters and looked for one in the letters ^^; i found something close to a name and just went with it :)

I loved the idea of the Greeks discovering pi to figure out circles and phi as the Golden Mean. I always thought phi was pronounced FYE until someone told me it was pronounced FEE. So Phi for All is a play on Free for All.

Everyone already knows my real name. If not ask Phi for All.Or YT2095.Mostly anyone.
Btw, you told EVERYONE your name in post #182 in the thread "I will prove that God exists" in the Philosophy & Religion section of the Forum. I violated no trusts.

It used to be "alternate fate" (pronounced 'ALL-Turn-Ate' as in the verbe) because I like the idea of parallel universes. I was really lazy the day I joined SFN so I shortened it.

13 for good luck.

Been that ever since.

Bet you all thought it was some sort of keyboard key word play. Sukkuzz.