Producing a hierarchy of human life .

Mike Smith Cosmos

5 minutes ago, Area54 said:

There is no evidence that God, if she exists, has any interest in man.

I feel quite godly when I play Civilization III or VI and the people of my cities start complaining and whining about being unhappy with the amount of entertainment buildings they have...  ungrateful little shits!...  they aren't even real, why should I care about their happiness, I will be restarting the game from scratch at 2050 anyway.  It has made me wonder before if I am just a member of the population in someone's game of Civ XXCI.

4 hours ago, Klaynos said:

Great, a signature. Where? Something that can't just be explained by the physical laws of nature. 

6000 years ago , having terra formed the Earth previously from grit, to vegetation to  animals , the time came for the introduction of a special creature , one that was like the 100,000,000 other Godlike angelic creatures , but made of earth :- 

A MAN  was created . A little west of the Caspian Sea . He became the father to everyone who has ever lived on Earth . Some billions of people who currently are alive on earth:-

: ARE YOUR SIGNATURES

image.jpeg.acac4b5be741d3de204a7bcf8acce588.jpeg

mike 

ps . The slightly thinner hand is Eve. With the bit of her hair showing ! 

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

3 minutes ago, Mike Smith Cosmos said:

6000 years ago , having terra formed the Earth previously from grit, to vegetation to  animals , the time came for the introduction of a special creature , one that was like the 100,000,000 other Godlike angelic creatures , but made of earth :- 

A MAN  was created . 

..and what about the remains of men discovered from 100's of thousands of years ago? Or the dinosaurs. They ain't 6000 years old.

Hey - believe whatever old storey book you like, it's nothing to me - I believed it for many years too...  I can't believe I was that dumb...  maybe I wanted it to be true. Maybe I wanted an all loving caring father God that would bring justice to the evil people and reward the faithful...  Now I see that if we actually just made ourselves this way through natural selection then it is totally amazing...  no need to keep making excuses for the neglect and the evils committed by god.

The world is beautiful - so what? So was the pattern left on my plate last year in the oils left by the purple stain from the beetroot I had for lunch...  doesn't mean an artist created it... it happened to swirl that way on the plate after I ate that's all. That pattern I can explain because I was there at it's creation...  I don't need to make stuff up to justify it's beauty.

51 minutes ago, Mike Smith Cosmos said:

A MAN  was created . A little west of the Caspian Sea . He became the father to everyone who has ever lived on Earth . Some billions of people who currently are alive on earth:-

: ARE YOUR SIGNATURES

image.jpeg.acac4b5be741d3de204a7bcf8acce588.jpeg

mike 

ps . The slightly thinner hand is Eve. With the bit of her hair showing ! 

Assertions assertions assertions. 

There's no evidence here. 

If this is all you have then how could you consider this evidence. 

You have an interpretation of a story book. 

Next you'll be citing Harry potter as evidence for wizards. 

This is lunacy. Why are you on a science site Mike, if all you want is belief, hope and wishful thinking I'd suggest a religious forum. 

3 hours ago, Klaynos said:

Assertions assertions assertions. 

There's no evidence here. 

If this is all you have then how could you consider this evidence. 

You have an interpretation of a story book. 

Next you'll be citing Harry potter as evidence for wizards. 

This is lunacy. Why are you on a science site Mike, if all you want is belief, hope and wishful thinking I'd suggest a religious forum. 

There is evidence right there in Adams Genetic helix. And in every descendant , right up to the modern day . Every Human alive today will have some of the root DNA  that was there in Adam .  Historically most civilisations can be traced back to the Tigress and Euphrates  river basins.

Adam himself had his start in a spot at the far North of Iran , east of Tabriz . Tabriz is North of Tehran in Iran . North East of Mosul Iraq. Iran borders Afghanistan . 

You can see the region in the Middle East has become very prominent in recent years, with various wars . 

All of this region is hardly fairy stories. It is full up with history , with many historic cities , currently being destroyed in all this fighting . Of course Syria lays to the West and South takes one to Israel. This whole area is steeped in History. Going right back to ADAM . 

You asked why I  was here in a Science Forum . Surely a scientist can also have a belief in a God . I certainly have had both disciplines from my early childhood , right through to today . My early hobbies and then working life were well impregnated with Science and Engineering . This was mostly in electronics and mechanical engineering , later teaching .

I have a continuing interest in physics , electronics , philosophy, art, science , astronomy and cosmology , geology and geography to name a few . But for some reason or another, the belief in a God fits right in the middle of everything , seems to make everything fit together. Can't help it , it just does . 

Mike 

There is no evidence for Adam. 

The fact that there was civilisation in the middle East several thousand years ago is no more evidence for God or Adam as Ignis evidence for piskies. It's not evidence it's wishful thinking. 

1 hour ago, Mike Smith Cosmos said:

There is evidence right there in Adams Genetic helix. And in every descendant , right up to the modern day . Every Human alive today will have some of the root DNA  that was there in Adam .  Historically most civilisations can be traced back to the Tigress and Euphrates  river basins.

Adam himself had his start in a spot at the far North of Iran , east of Tabriz . Tabriz is North of Tehran in Iran . North East of Mosul Iraq. Iran borders Afghanistan . 

You can see the region in the Middle East has become very prominent in recent years, with various wars . 

All of this region is hardly fairy stories. It is full up with history , with many historic cities , currently being destroyed in all this fighting . Of course Syria lays to the West and South takes one to Israel. This whole area is steeped in History. Going right back to ADAM . 

You asked why I  was here in a Science Forum . Surely a scientist can also have a belief in a God . I certainly have had both disciplines from my early childhood , right through to today . My early hobbies and then working life were well impregnated with Science and Engineering . This was mostly in electronics and mechanical engineering , later teaching .

I have a continuing interest in physics , electronics , philosophy, art, science , astronomy and cosmology , geology and geography to name a few . But for some reason or another, the belief in a God fits right in the middle of everything , seems to make everything fit together. Can't help it , it just does . 

Mike 

Mike you do realize there was a civilization in north and south america at that time too... right? You do realize that evidence for the existence of homo sapiens goes back 150,000 years or more right? India had a civilization before the middle east, as did china. In fact many areas of the Earth is "steeped" in history, some much more than the ignorant goat herders whose word you seem to think are gods words.  

God is taking care of his people the Jews, he promised them land, the holy land, Palestine, which is about the only place in the middle east with no oil, that is really intelligent. 

You should really think about what you are saying Mike, Adam? There was never a first human, no evidence of a garden of eden either. 

God only fits because you want it to, BTW, which god is the real god and why?  

Of course a scientist can believe in god, many do, you can believe anything you want it's when you start asserting your belief as reality we have a problem... 

BTW Mike, do you believe a god created the heavens and the earth in seven days? Do you believe he created everything we see, animals and plants, as they are now? Do you believe a world wide flood drowned the Earth? Do you believe a man could be swallowed by a large fish or whale and live for several days? Do you think snakes can talk along with donkeys? Do you believe it's moral to own another human as property? Real questions Mike, think of the ramifications of these events compared to science...  

Edited by Moontanman

13 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Mike you do realize there was a civilization in north and south america at that time too... right? You do realize that evidence for the existence of homo sapiens goes back 150,000 years or more right? India had a civilization before the middle east, as did china. In fact many areas of the Earth is "steeped" in history, some much more than the ignorant goat herders whose word you seem to think are gods words.  

God is taking care of his people the Jews, he promised them land, the holy land, Palestine, which is about the only place in the middle east with no oil, that is really intelligent. 

You should really think about what you are saying Mike, Adam? There was never a first human, no evidence of a garden of eden either. 

God only fits because you want it to, BTW, which god is the real god and why?  

Of course a scientist can believe in god, many do, you can believe anything you want it's when you start asserting your belief as reality we have a problem... 

BTW Mike, do you believe a god created the heavens and the earth in seven days? Do you believe he created everything we see, animals and plants, as they are now? Do you believe a world wide flood drowned the Earth? Do you believe a man could be swallowed by a large fish or whale and live for several days? Do you think snakes can talk along with donkeys? Do you believe it's moral to own another human as property? Real questions Mike, think of the ramifications of these events compared to science...  

Mootenman, there is a lot in your paragraph . I am happy to address them all. But so that it's not a ramble , ramble ,on and you or nobody else will read it because it's too long . I will answer each question with a quick snap answer , ( sort of yes/no ) if any really  bug you , you will need to pick me up on it. Here goes. 

Civilisation in N& S America same time . Don't know of that ! 

Homo sapient going back 150,000 years , I thought the jury still out on that ! 

China and India going back , I heard that was not countries then , just individuals . 

Areas of earth steeped .. Not sure what you mean ? . I learned in history at school history went from UR to ROME .

jews have a fairly documented history .

The Adam description has been traced by an Historian .( have to dig it out ) traced from Tabriz to further south into Tigris and Euphrates as population grew . 

God only fits .... That one does need discussing because the name God can cover so many , many . .....the short answer is GOD is the one Creator of the who thing . But just what is 'the whole thing ' one of the latest new scientists says the whole thing originally was the size of one Higgs bosons , which is a millions of a millionth of an atom . Which is weeny . It's the design to make it inflate was the cleverest bit to make it go to marble size . Then the next bit , probably by massive duplication upon duplication was it made to grow into the universe we now see. That was clever and the credit appears to go to ' God '  could have been you if you got there first . It's like who invented the bit coin ? Clever. 

Asserting belief .. Well I have only recently made any bold statements of assertion , as the subject seemed to arise . In ones face . I am not sure who, I do not think it was me. Maybe I introduced it with my fish . Suppose I thought because I started the subject , I had better state my belief. Which is what I do believe still . That the relationship with my fish will give me personally insight into the " God Human interface " . The rest followed ,... Once mention God , and all hell lets loose ..

God make literal heaven and earth in seven literal days . No ... I think it's just meaning 7 sections , or 7 periods . 

Do I believe animals and fish created as is . No , I personally think that the creation occurred with prototypes and natural selection processes refined plants and animals the way we breed animals for traits now , also with plants . And a lot can self select , and improve in certain environments . I have taken part in manual genetic algorithms , namely giving solutions, baby versions with more numbers to ones that get near an advantageous solution . 

Flood . This is a dodgy one . The only way I can answer this , will probably make you throw something at me .  The story goes , that as the human population grew. Some of the helping Angels ( remember there were some 100,000,000 of them ) started to fancy materialising human bodies and having relations with human females. The offspring of these unions were ' Giants ' ( called nephalim) , they were bullies. So yes God chose to bring the canopy ( a high altitude cloudy water ) down . Which caused vaste flooding . Sounds horrific . But the waster is down here now . 

Yes , I think a man could be swallowed by a Hugh fish and survive , probably with a bit of intervention . 

I think the snakes and donkeys talking will be some form of intervention , Angel style ' drones '

No , I don't think slavery is right . But I suppose some of us are enslaved to others to earn a living !, 

phew ! I have done my best in short form ! 

See I still think science has its place , and I am sure it is used by God to give mind boggling stability to the Universe , or it would fall apart . But I do believe there is this other side which is Organised in a comepletely different way . ( sort of living , being , orientated ) 

mike 

2 hours ago, Mike Smith Cosmos said:

Homo sapiens, not homo sapient. Mike, I would go so far as to say that someone claiming some of the credentials of a scientist on a science forum who repeatedly makes errors of this kind, as you do, is disrespecting science. Is it any wonder some mebers feel it appropriate to downvote you?

In some regards you are correct, most authorities put it at 180,000 years, but some would add another 20,000 or 40,000 to the total. What the jury is really debating is where we place the artificial dividing line between species. They are not disputing the considerable age of beings that were recognisably human. Are you disputing it?

Mootenman, there is a lot in your paragraph . I am happy to address them all. But so that it's not a ramble , ramble ,on and you or nobody else will read it because it's too long . I will answer each question with a quick snap answer , ( sort of yes/no ) if any really  bug you , you will need to pick me up on it. Here goes. 

Civilisation in N& S America same time . Don't know of that ! 

Well they were there. 

Yes, the jury thinks that homo sapiens might be a lot older, not younger. 

China and India going back , I heard that was not countries then , just individuals .

No, they were civilizations, quite advanced and predate the Abrahamic religions. 

Areas of earth steeped .. Not sure what you mean ? . I learned in history at school history went from UR to ROME .

You used the word "steeped" I was just trying to show many other civilizations has been steeped as well. 

jews have a fairly documented history .

No they do not, in fact other than oral tradition all they have is a couple holy books that do not accurately describe reality. In fact Jewish scholars have realized the Jews were never slaves in Egypt, there was no exodus and no one named Moses. It is all nothing but mythology.  

The Adam description has been traced by an Historian .( have to dig it out ) traced from Tabriz to further south into Tigris and Euphrates as population grew . 

It's still wrong, there was no first human, no adam and eve and no garden. 

God only fits .... That one does need discussing because the name God can cover so many , many . .....the short answer is GOD is the one Creator of the who thing . But just what is 'the whole thing ' one of the latest new scientists says the whole thing originally was the size of one Higgs bosons , which is a millions of a millionth of an atom . Which is weeny . It's the design to make it inflate was the cleverest bit to make it go to marble size . Then the next bit , probably by massive duplication upon duplication was it made to grow into the universe we now see. That was clever and the credit appears to go to ' God '  could have been you if you got there first . It's like who invented the bit coin ? Clever. 

What on earth does the Higgs Boson have to do with this? You assume design where they isn't any. 

Asserting belief .. Well I have only recently made any bold statements of assertion , as the subject seemed to arise . In ones face . I am not sure who, I do not think it was me. Maybe I introduced it with my fish . Suppose I thought because I started the subject , I had better state my belief. Which is what I do believe still . That the relationship with my fish will give me personally insight into the " God Human interface " . The rest followed ,... Once mention God , and all hell lets loose ..

That is because God has no supporting evidence and there are so many! All cannot be correct but the all can be wrong.. 

God make literal heaven and earth in seven literal days . No ... I think it's just meaning 7 sections , or 7 periods . 

Well the Bible says it was seven literal days, how did you come to the conclusion it was not? 

Do I believe animals and fish created as is . No , I personally think that the creation occurred with prototypes and natural selection processes refined plants and animals the way we breed animals for traits now , also with plants . And a lot can self select , and improve in certain environments . I have taken part in manual genetic algorithms , namely giving solutions, baby versions with more numbers to ones that get near an advantageous solution . 

Complex life has been around for more than 500,000,000 years, it started out with nothing we would recognise today. Not proto rabbits, or lions, the earth would have appeared rto be an alien plane to us back then. 

Flood . This is a dodgy one . The only way I can answer this , will probably make you throw something at me .  The story goes , that as the human population grew. Some of the helping Angels ( remember there were some 100,000,000 of them ) started to fancy materialising human bodies and having relations with human females. The offspring of these unions were ' Giants ' ( called nephalim) , they were bullies. So yes God chose to bring the canopy ( a high altitude cloudy water ) down . Which caused vaste flooding . Sounds horrific . But the waster is down here now . 

Why do you consider these writings to be true Mike? You assert a high altitude canopy, simply not possible, and you have to ask where did all the water go? Killing all those people, babies included was morally wrong. 

Yes , I think a man could be swallowed by a Hugh fish and survive , probably with a bit of intervention .

No he could not, inside a fish's stomach is nothing but digestive juices, no air no oxygen and to suggest divine intervention brings us back the unsupported assertion there is a god. 

I think the snakes and donkeys talking will be some form of intervention , Angel style ' drones '

Again with the assumption of a god with no evidence to back it up. 

No , I don't think slavery is right . But I suppose some of us are enslaved to others to earn a living !, 

phew ! I have done my best in short form ! 

Slavery is morally wrong, in the Bible it says a man can beat his slaves as long as they don't die within a couple days. Slavery was not about making a living it was about owning humans like cattle and forcing people against their will to work for free all their lives.  

See I still think science has its place , and I am sure it is used by God to give mind boggling stability to the Universe , or it would fall apart . But I do believe there is this other side which is Organised in a comepletely different way . ( sort of living , being , orientated ) 

mike 

There is no reason to think any of that is true Mike... 

7 hours ago, Moontanman said:

Why do you consider these writings to be true Mike?

I'm not massively surprised. It took about 50 pages of discussion for him to still not grasp that centrifugal force is just an object continuing on a straight path rather than being a real force...    this subject is way more complex. Maybe the average human brain is still finding it hard to evolve out of the holding superstitions. The evidence for that is all around us. :-(   Patience - we wont see world enlightenment in our lifetimes.

There are a few outstanding points that you have brought up , which I need to think about and respond . 

In the mean time , I have made another observation from my fish , which in line with the theme of this thread is relevant. 

---------------------------------------------- OBSERVATION --------------

I notice that when I appear more movement ensues. Beside being in a line facing me, which I have taken as ' Hungry ' waiting for a feed.  During other times they are meandering About aimlessly YET , There is a GROUP LOOK about them . The more I watch them , even though all over different parts of the pool .

' Higgle de  Pigledy' yet there is a loose yet decided group formation. Oh course you see this in the field with sheep and beasts. 

Putting on my scientific cap for a moment , with an observation  ! There appeares to be a 'herd ' or group mentality , looking like some form of very loose yet relentless ATTRACTION. This does apply to man , fish , and now if I am correct with spirit creatures like 'Angels ' . Yet this attraction is very loose yet relentless. Unlike say a magnetic or electric field , I does not bear that symmetrical pull. So this is a gentle yet relentless attractive force balanced with a REPULSIVE version as they are not colliding ALL -the time - . Crowd behaviour. I have the feeling this may be with all  Animals

----------------------------------- 

image.jpeg.bce8ea757369514316db86813f84edd2.jpeg

If my thread theory is right , then spiritual EXISTANCE  will have Crowding ? Which appears to be inferred in text . 

mike 

6 minutes ago, Klaynos said:

It's as if none of the previous posts in this thread (or any of his others) have been read by Mike. 

Yea - I didn't mean to be mean in my last post...  it is just how it seems.  :-( 

Tighter crowd .

image.thumb.jpeg.f5fc52944684e2de7beed906ca1b897e.jpeg

Clearly,  the tighter crowd is there for a reason . Protection from enemies, comfort, wellbeing . We notice this born out in , clubs, families, gatherings, marriage, friends, 

This could shed encouraging light on any atmosphere in the next layer up in the HEIRACHY . In anticipation , many  individuals , aspire to a pleasant EXISTANCE in the life to come . 

All comming from a simple HIERACHY and a pond of Goldfish 

Mike 

Tighter crowd .

Clearly,  the tighter crowd is there for a reason . Protection from enemies, comfort, wellbeing . We notice this born out in , clubs, families, gatherings, marriage, friends,

A reason that has been investigated by science from the standpoint of biochemistry,psychology and ethology, to name but three, The phenomenon has been measured, quantified, described, documented, analysed, disected and modelled. . . . by science.

Science has also investigated isolationism and solo behaviour, in the same meticulous detail, and those investigations continue because science does not jump to conclusions; science does not take a "what if" and turn it into a "must be"; science works from a "why" list, not a wish list.

. In anticipation , many  individuals , aspire to a pleasant EXISTANCE in the life to come . 

Pie in the sky when you die. /dripping sarcasm and intellectual disgust

Edited by Area54
correct typos.

We need to take care with our words ,

lest we put ourselves at odds with the true " Powers that be "  Belshazzar " fell into this state and lost favour . 

Ref Daniel reads the words MENE, MENE, TEKEL, PARSIN

ref :- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belshazzar's_feast

image.jpeg.0e47616a589c7e0c7e7bdfd83f8c0e18.jpeg

image.jpeg.1f816de7fd8e18026dca40a9c2b881c9.jpeg

Daniel reads the words MENE, MENE, TEKEL, PARSIN and interprets them for the king: MENE, God has numbered the days of your kingdom and brought it to an end; TEKEL, you have been weighed and found wanting; and PERES, the kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.

9 minutes ago, Mike Smith Cosmos said:

We need to take care with our words ,

lest we put ourselves at odds with the true " Powers that be "  Belshazzar " fell into this state and lost favour . 

Ref Daniel reads the words MENE, MENE, TEKEL, PARSIN

ref :- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belshazzar's_feast

Come on Mike. It's a bit rich you advising persons to "take care of our words".

• With your words you routinely fail to respect the rules of grammar
  • With your words you routinely fail to respect the rules of spelling
  • With your words you routinely fail to respect the application of logic
  • With your words you routinely fail to respect the findings of science
  • With your words you routinely fail to respect the findings of historians and archaeologists
  • With your words you routinely fail to respect the work of theologians

And now, bereft of argument, you appear to be resorting to preaching. I find this sad. I don't think I am doing you any favours by continuing. This has gone beyond discussion and deteriorated to incremental mud slinging. I commend you to read and consider the full import of Psalms 119:18.

I am sorry you are going . I tried to present the basis for a discussion , around my small research observation ,of my Gold Fish . This was in the context of , :- could anything be gleaned from this observation , that would endorse an idea that " some possible HEIRACHY might be evident in my relationship with my Goldfish . And hense being some sort of reflection of a potential HEIRACHY existing , between a possible Higher Intelegence behind the development of the Universe. 

I was using the book , illustrated below , ( which I promised to reference when I found it. By David Rohl ) and any knowledge I could summon from the Bible story of Creation .

David Rohl explored the regions of the upper Tigres and Euphrates  upstream area , and he identified a possible site for " the garden of Eden " see attached . 

I did not intend any alternative views to cause hostilities, but I have , personally , put that down to ' normal heated discussion of controversial subject matter. ' 

image.thumb.jpeg.9e4524c9458b94b232617bfc56c1143b.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dd0087b2aa366860f4b08f3fe81c5011.jpeg

This last but one caption  (  Conclusion 3   )  is an extract from his Book . Page 67 

LEGEND The Genesis of Civilisation  by David Rohl 

ISBN  0-09-979991-X  Arrow Books 1999

mike 

David Rohl may ascribe to these views still, but he sure as heck doesn't believe that we are all descended from Adam, nor - as far as I am aware - is he even a Christian. He is simply an academic with a radical set of views on ME chronology.

Hint: you might just avoid being shut down if you provided proper citations instead of unfocused mind farts.

For the rest of you, the above is an extract from "Legend - The Genesis of Civilisation" by David Rohl, published by Arrow 1999. See page 67.

15 hours ago, Mike Smith Cosmos said:

Tighter crowd .

Clearly,  the tighter crowd is there for a reason.............., gatherings, 

Look at this example of benefit from ' Crowding ' . In gatherings 

A few weeks back we  ( the Jack Russel and me ) popped down to the Jurasic Coast At  SIDMOUTH. 

For the SIDMOUTH FOLK FESTIVAL . You can see the Joy on the face of the TAP DANCER .  Even the Dog joined in . 

image.jpeg.02ad0c1b2cb69645130881e92994c151.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ea8b9627beb8bd70bb2dfc4b30fae4c6.jpeg

mike