Everything posted by Moontanman
-
The Official JOKES SECTION :)
- New Jersey Drones
To be fair the ones that shut down Langley were there before the election but I agree the chaos is suspicious !!!- New Jersey Drones
Is anyone else following the "drone" problem in New Jersey? I don't understand what all the hubbub is about. Nearly every video I've seen are obviously light aircraft, they even sound like light aircraft. Aircraft with landing lights! I have lived near an airport for many years and yes aircraft at night can look odd but I honestly do not see anything to this, it's all or at least mostly hype. It's concerning that many of these aircraft, whatever they are, have been sighted over restricted airspace like Langley air force base and so far I've not seen any videos of those "drones" but all the ones I've seen, in NJ, have aircraft running lights in standard configurations and landing lights. It's possible that actual drones are a small percentage, possibly hobbyists pushing boundaries, especially in England bases and US bases but all I've seen so far are the ones over NJ and they almost certainly are misidentified light aircraft. It's a head scratcher... Has anyone see them in person?- The Official JOKES SECTION :)
🙄 https://www.yahoo.com/news/wind-blowing-uranus-makes-hard-161117198.html- The Official JOKES SECTION :)
That really is a good one!- Woodworking: Amateurs, Craftsmen, & In-Between
I need to come and take some lessons from you, do you mentor old men?- AI acting (split from On Child Pornography)
AI keeps getting better and better, unless there is some actual limit I see no reason that AI animation couldn't be as good as Current AI generated still images which can fool even the discerning eye. My main problem with them is that the AI images are often too good.- AI acting (split from On Child Pornography)
An older actor/actress might allow the use of a young version of themselves in their prime and do the voice over for the younger version of themselves or just straight up license their young image to a movie and AI can do the voice but the older actor or thier estate gets paid. Imagine John Wayne rides again, lol- On Child Pornography
Does AI porn figure into this? AI porn is approaching a point where not only are no real persons involved. The realism is shocking, I wonder if AI will replace live actors in regular movies as well.- The Official JOKES SECTION :)
- The Official JOKES SECTION :)
- Rock salt...
I concur due to personal experience!- The Official JOKES SECTION :)
- The Official JOKES SECTION :)
- The Official JOKES SECTION :)
- Nostalgic toys from your youth that left an impression in your memories...
Tonka trucks! The ones with the rubber wheels! I had about a dozen from bulldozers to "Mighty Trucks" I had car carriers, hydraulic dump trucks, graders, front loaders, I had a complete construction company, lol I played with them into my teens. Building roads all over our yard!- The Official JOKES SECTION :)
- What are you listening to right now?
Well boys and girls... later today... it's!!!- Does our moon affect Earth's core
Doesn't there need to be a third body involved for tidal heating to work? Io is hot due to the effects of the other galilean moons and Jupiter not because Io is orbiting Jupiter or do I have this completely wrong?- Political Humor
- The Official JOKES SECTION :)
Hey its on you tube it has to be true!- The Official JOKES SECTION :)
Latest Astronomy News! JWST has detected Klingons around Uranus!- dam building dinosaurs?
I should have said brain to size ratio, an elephant has a huge brain to size ratio compared to a triceratops but I've not seen anything to indicate either built dams with any intent or future planning. Beaver do how ever build dams specifically to make their lives better, whether or not they actually have the future in mind is debatable. The phrasing of the OP indicated some intent to build a dam not accidentally dam up a stream. Are you suggesting that triceratops pushed down trees with the intent to dam up a stream? I am not saying this is a hoax, people mistakenly attribute intent to things all the time without justification but not to intentionally mislead. I'm not sure why you brought this up but dimetrodon was a synapsid like you and me, triceratops and every other dinosaur were diapsids like crocodiles, lizards and birds.- dam building dinosaurs?
I've never read that, do you have a citation? Triceratops was large enough to down trees like an elephant of today and it's not unreasonable to think they may have done that but the idea of dam building by an animal with such a small brain and the mental capacity that is thought to go along with that small brain would make such long range planning unlikely IMHO. Has there ever been any evidence to suggest dam building among dinosaurs? I think "may have" is the key in this sentence.- Today I Learned
Watch out for the ones with fuzzy butts!Important Information
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.
- New Jersey Drones
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.