Everything posted by dimreepr
-
Today I Learned
Today is being tested, tomorrow doesn't matter.
-
Jordan Peterson's ideas on politis
As do I... Much like baging you're dogs shit and hanging it from a tree, someone else gets to pick it up...
-
Can you be a scientist and still believe in religion?
You're proving my point... I think the question should be; can you believe and still be a scientist? Which circle's back to this...
- Total newb question
-
Jordan Peterson's ideas on politis
Is it so surprising that privilege has a part to play?
-
Total newb question
That makes you the fixed point, not some relative...
-
Can you be a scientist and still believe in religion?
Present your evidence... Your use of the word doctrine instead of their preferred word 'teachings', is a bias a scientist should avoid. Since you believe in the existence of evil, I can be sure you're not terribly objective...
-
Can you be a scientist and still believe in religion?
Being a scientist mean's to investigate objectively; for instance, I believe in religion and I'm an atheist; my studies have shown, to me at least, that a god isn't required for a religion to make sense; the other side of that coin is, science isnt always required for life to make sense.
-
Can you be a scientist and still believe in religion?
I understand that... I don't understand the and. What if your personal beliefs are part of a scientific study?
-
Jordan Peterson's ideas on politis
I wonder, what level of privilege is required, for equal treatment to look like oppression?
-
Can you be a scientist and still believe in religion?
Why?
-
Can you be a scientist and still believe in religion?
Indeed, but what's at the other end of the spectrum?
-
Jordan Peterson's ideas on politis
Sadly and predictably, no; I'm genuinely sad about that, I thought I'd taught you better, about the bias you bring... 😉
-
Jordan Peterson's ideas on politis
Indeed, I'll give a +1 if you can explain the excuse for my edit... Or, we could just disagree with them regardless of their offence; that's a joke, of course they're delusional/offended...
-
Can you be a scientist and still believe in religion?
We are Borg, resistance is futile... You can teach, but you can't force IOW, resistance is futile... We are Borg, resistance is futile...
-
Universe is (In)Finite?
Isn't the point, they're all unknown?
-
Definition of Atheism
Indeed, it's another one of them pesky spectrum's that stubbornly refuse a simple definition. I consider myself an athiest that believes in God's (are useful); I believe that puts me on one extreme... I also consider myself a scientist (by nature, if not by nurture)... 😉
-
Definition of Atheism
Indeed +1, we don't know, it's like asking for permission to question...
-
Can you be a scientist and still believe in religion?
So, we're free to question but not to ask?
-
If the Universe is infinite, will we be reborn?
If you can't remember eating a meal, what's the point of taste buds?
-
Can you be a scientist and still believe in religion?
Pot, meet Kettle... The truth is, we're never free from the enthrall of our teacher's, but we are free to question their conclusion's...
-
If the Universe is infinite, will we be reborn?
If you can't remember? why does it matter?
-
If the Universe is infinite, will we be reborn?
What makes you think we'd remember our previous self?
-
Jordan Peterson's ideas on politis
No it's a strawman, I didn't accuse you of either: I asked ("who are you too judge?") in the context of "suffering fool's"; that's a sincere question, I ask it of myself all the time; I'm judging no-one. Then I suggested that we all should tolerate more, with a mantra to help us do just that "tolerating 'a thing' doesn't equal liking 'a thing'" and "If you don't like gay marriage, don't marry a gay person. You're the accuser here.
-
Can you be a scientist and still believe in religion?
it's rather a limited view of people...