Skip to content

dimreepr

Senior Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dimreepr

  1. Maybe it's just dancing around on boot up, trying find a datum point.
  2. Think of a gyroscope, in the 80's it was proposed that 2 opposing gyroscope's could be used as propulsion, but it's only an apparent force because it just follows the path it's forced to travel.
  3. If it's a human thing, maybe it's based on the number of knuckles we have on one fingure, i.e. one, two, many. with a fist over the top...
  4. It's a shame though, he's clearly intelligent and with, it seems, a good deal of knowledge; he could be a valuable member of our community, if his boredom could be directed more positively.
  5. I think you need to learn a lot more philosophy, because your understaning of logical fallacy is fundamentally flawed. Or your deliberately trolling... Have a nice day... 😇🙏
  6. We human's are so vane, that someone could imagine that a life in a bunker could be a life worth living...
  7. I'd have been happy with that answer, it's a very good reason. However he seems determined to find excuses to dodge legitimate questions, rather than get caught in a rational cul-de-sac.
  8. Instead of resurrecting long dead thread's that should be left in peace; please start one of your own, so we can get a better handle on your position as regards religion/philosophy and the flavour you favour.
  9. Nothing bores me more than excuse over reason... 😉
  10. Exactly, I smell a troll...
  11. That's just an excuse to not answer my question, so I'll ask again. "What is the reason you care so much about something no-one has accused you of"?
  12. WOW, so many post's and we're back to this, why do you care?
  13. Whatever you think it used to mean isn't relevant, what it means now is found in a dictionary; for us to have a reasonable discussion we have to agree on the meaning and since this discussion IS now, then a relevant meaning has to take precedence.
  14. I'm anything but anti religious, ask anyone or read some of my topics, in philosophy or religious thread's I've posted in (including this one if memory serves), but I am a full blown, dyed in the wool athiest. Usually when a theist resorts to such an attack, it means they've run out of logical/reasonable argument's, what's your excuse?
  15. I don't care... 😉
  16. Lot's of humans invented one.
  17. But it is evidence that the concept of God is man made, which strongly suggests that "does not exist" is evidential...
  18. Just a guess, I hope I'm wrong.
  19. I can't help it, I'm very bored...
  20. No, it's just a relevant question, that you've failed to answer; I'm guessing your presence here is limited...
  21. I think they'd be saying, "see, I told you"...
  22. I'm guessing that you're thinking that God is more than a concept? Like a rock, can't... 😇
  23. Have you met one?
  24. The point is, we are human and given the right conditions we are all capable of lying, being religious and deriding, those other, religion's; and at some point in our lives, we all fit into every box described by a humanity test. Ants and alien's couldn't...
  25. Your interpretation of the meaning of the word, derivation.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.