Moment Theory Basics

MomentTheory

On the 49th reflection you show us it has split into two parts, (and then talk about black holes, which really sounds like a terrible exaggeration), but the two parts could simply be the difference parts that were reflecting from the top of the glass and that which has reflected from the mirror silver surfaces.Have you tried a real shiny surface rather than mirror glass?

25 from the top and 24 from the bottom so shouldn't the last one (reflection) be on the top?

You are right that the clock hands line up at 12 o'clock but they don't exactly line up at 6:30. In fact the minute hand will line up with the hour and approximately every hour, but exactly 11 times over a twelve hour period.

I show at the 42-43rd reflection when I allow the light to come out. The 49th reflection is on the top. Yes, it was a terrible exaggeration but when you consider what is thought to happen on the event horizon, you can imagine it that way if you like. I have only tried mirror glass because I am trying to measure how light slows down based upon passing through a set number of mediums.

My relation to the hands on a clock were in relation to the way the gear ratios work behind the scenes, and if you play with other metaphysical values such as 2x and 1/3x you get the radii values of 3:00, and 9:00 (1800)

You are correct, about it not being exact with the clock hands at 6:30 but that is because the 600.5 radius is the only one that we can accurately measure, thus on the clock we can differentiate the difference with gears (where the small hand is also accurate in depicting 6:30).

But in considering that the 1201 radius can never be measured EXACTLY, due to a combined metaphysical value (in the experiment this combined value is created from the laser to the first reflection, I've dubbed it as "A" on my codex, where A can be any distance with the same curve results, we know it as am and pm), is what causes the loop to occur upon 12:00.

When dealing with visible light you need to be precise to tens of nanometers, this is not easy. I've not watched your video, could you post a schematic, maybe a photo of your kit and set of results from your experiment?

I suspect what you're seeing is a combination of an artifact of the set up and the job linearity of your eye.

It is my plan to rebuild it using a micrometer and a better set up, but even in doing so, I'm certain the curve will remain the same. I can clearly see that artifacts or inaccuracy is not a matter of the issue. Light follows this same curve regardless of how adjust the source laser, but becomes very unpredictable after a certain angle beyond the 60/60/60 of an equilateral triangle.. Anyone can see this curve's presence by holding a mirror under your eyes and looking into another mirror. The curve is ALWAYs there when dealing with reflections through a medium.

7BrCijW.jpg

Edited by MomentTheory

.... but when you consider what is thought to happen on the event horizon, you can imagine it that way if you like. I have only tried mirror glass because I am trying to measure how light slows down based upon passing through a set number of mediums.

Thanks -so what particular event are you thinking happens at the event horizon?

So why do you think it slows down? Is it because the repeated reflection stops? Could that just be destructive interference from the two sets of reflections?

I was just imagining it as described by Stephen Hawking and others, where the observer would see the entrant of the black hole begin to spin or become two > infinite parts.

The repeated reflection stops at 49 (Yy), and the curve ends. Even when I split the bottom mirror, no photons are ejected. The trajectory of the light should be at point Zz, but no photons are present. Destructive interference would only arise if the curve were not present; meaning that if the trajectory was a complete straight line the interfering photon paths could cross and cancel each other out, but what I am seeing must be an entirely different phenomena, given the distinct "die off" of light between reflection 42-49. I've done my best to illustrate this below.

ZPjF2J3.jpg

I was just imagining it as described by Stephen Hawking and others, where the observer would see the entrant of the black hole begin to spin or become two > infinite parts.

The repeated reflection stops at 49 (Yy), and the curve ends. Even when I split the bottom mirror, no photons are ejected. The trajectory of the light should be at point Zz, but no photons are present. Destructive interference would only arise if the curve were not present; meaning that if the trajectory was a complete straight line the interfering photon paths could cross and cancel each other out, but what I am seeing must be an entirely different phenomena, given the distinct "die off" of light between reflection 42-49. I've done my best to illustrate this below.

ZPjF2J3.jpg

When you look back down between the mirrors you can see the reflection spots so you can't really say "no photons are ejected". Could it be that the laser beam loses its intensity and becomes just scattered after these 49 reflections so there simply becomes insufficient light to carry on?

Edited by Robittybob1

When you look back down between the mirrors you can see the reflection spots so you can't really say "no photons are ejected". Could it be that the laser beam loses its intensity and becomes just scattered after these 49 reflections so there simply becomes insufficient light to carry on?

I see what you are saying, I guess the correct wording would be "no visible light as part of the trajectory of the beam".

I tested this with both a 5 mw (shown in the video) and a 150mw laser to ensure that intensity wasn't the limiter. Both lasers produced the same exact result, on the contrary a 1mw laser does lack intensity and produces only 6-7 visible reflections.

Even in suggesting that there is insufficient light to carry on, if all lasers 5mw+ are limited by this curve then I have discovered a new constant of light; which enables me to directly relate it to average velocity via Snell's law, exactly what I'm purposing with Moment Theory.

I see what you are saying, I guess the correct wording would be "no visible light as part of the trajectory of the beam".

I tested this with both a 5 mw (shown in the video) and a 150mw laser to ensure that intensity wasn't the limiter. Both lasers produced the same exact result, on the contrary a 1mw laser does lack intensity and produces only 6-7 visible reflections.

Even in suggesting that there is insufficient light to carry on, if all lasers 5mw+ are limited by this curve then I have discovered a new constant of light; which enables me to directly relate it to average velocity via Snell's law, exactly what I'm purposing with Moment Theory.

Could the frequency of the light have dropped below visible spectrum? Is a reflection always the same frequency? If there was a frequency drop this might explain why there only needs to be a set number of reflections to drop the photon frequency below the visible range?

Edited by Robittybob1

As for photons reflecting 1 billion +times, I'm well aware of that. I wasn't purposing that they can't, merely stating that when light travels from a single source, through two mirrors (including the glass medium) the trajectory itself is limited.

So how are these reflections different from those occurring in an optical fibre?

The reflective index of snell's law is an "average" of velocity

The REFRACTIVE index is a ration of velocities, not an average.

As for a trion re being "woo", I'm not really sure what that even means. Just because some blogger said some weird shit doesn't make a shape invalid.

You can see the trion re take form in nature, pretty much everywhere, so to deny its existence is ludicrous.

So can you tell us what it is? I haven't been able to find anything (meaningful).

Quantum mechanics has already shown us that time and distance are in fact trivial

What does it mean for time and space to be "trivial"? How does quantum mechanics show this?

Is a reflection always the same frequency?

Yes.

Could the frequency of the light have dropped below visible spectrum? Is a reflection always the same frequency? If there was a frequency drop this might explain why there only needs to be a set number of reflections to drop the photon frequency below the visible range?

Energy and momentum are conserved, so basically no. The energy loss in reflection is negligible.

Are you sure they are stopped? Are we talking visible light or did we test for light no longer visible? Or is the light caught between the glass medium due to the critical angle of Snells law of refraction?

By caught I mean bouncing within the two surfaces of the last glass entered. Or what's called total internal reflection.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_internal_reflection

Aaron, it's nice you put some effort in making this device. Typical person writing in this section of forum, almost never bother with experiments, nor learning. That's something refreshing. Hope to see more experiments.

But when typical scientists see something unexpected, he/she is analyzing how this could happen (to get rid of). Not making theory straight away.

There is needed dozen times repetitions in different environments before theory..

Buy red, green, blue, white, violet lasers. And repeat your experiment again.

Also make them work at the same time, to compare how different wavelength lasers perform.

Spin your device - whether orientation north-south, east-west has any influence.

Build yet another version of your device. And repeat. Compare results.

Build 3rd version, this time with larger distance between mirrors. Or make distance adjustable.

Build 4th version, this time with medium other than air. f.e. aquarium with mirrors instead of walls. With water or other liquid (methanol, ethanol?) as medium..

Check especially how laser beams will be looking on mirrors placed especially at different angles, not parallel.

Another idea- make checkmarks (array of lines?) on mirrors (well known distance between them). It will be easier to estimate "curve".

ps. Did you clean really well your mirrors prior setting up everything? NASA is building spaceships/satellites in dust free environment, not without a reason.

Edited by Sensei

Are you sure they are stopped? Are we talking visible light or did we test for light no longer visible? Or is the light caught between the glass medium due to the critical angle of Snells law of refraction?

By caught I mean bouncing within the two surfaces of the last glass entered. Or what's called total internal reflection.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_internal_reflection

If that was the case wouldn't we see it on the video? The ends of the mirrors would be radiating light then wouldn't they?

I show at the 42-43rd reflection when I allow the light to come out. The 49th reflection is on the top. Yes, it was a terrible exaggeration but when you consider what is thought to happen on the event horizon, you can imagine it that way if you like. I have only tried mirror glass because I am trying to measure how light slows down based upon passing through a set number of mediums.

My relation to the hands on a clock were in relation to the way the gear ratios work behind the scenes, and if you play with other metaphysical values such as 2x and 1/3x you get the radii values of 3:00, and 9:00 (1800)

You are correct, about it not being exact with the clock hands at 6:30 but that is because the 600.5 radius is the only one that we can accurately measure, thus on the clock we can differentiate the difference with gears (where the small hand is also accurate in depicting 6:30).

But in considering that the 1201 radius can never be measured EXACTLY, due to a combined metaphysical value (in the experiment this combined value is created from the laser to the first reflection, I've dubbed it as "A" on my codex, where A can be any distance with the same curve results, we know it as am and pm), is what causes the loop to occur upon 12:00.

It is my plan to rebuild it using a micrometer and a better set up, but even in doing so, I'm certain the curve will remain the same. I can clearly see that artifacts or inaccuracy is not a matter of the issue. Light follows this same curve regardless of how adjust the source laser, but becomes very unpredictable after a certain angle beyond the 60/60/60 of an equilateral triangle.. Anyone can see this curve's presence by holding a mirror under your eyes and looking into another mirror. The curve is ALWAYs there when dealing with reflections through a medium.

7BrCijW.jpg

You are shining the laser in one direction and and the curve is another space dimension. Is the curve always to the same side? Is that like the right hand rule or something. Why would the curve have anything to do with the speed of light?

Hi folks!

I'm in the process of putting together a single syllable universal model (theory of everything) based off of a discovery I recently made.

I have made a brief video in which I did my best to explain the very, very basics of the experiment I am building my work upon, Moment Theory. The experiment is relative simply based upon this quote found in the back of Brian Greene's "The Elegant Universe" where he states --

[see "Notes Chapter 2." The Elegant Universe. Boston: NOVA, 2003. 390-91. Print.]

“When light travels through a substance such as air or glass its speed is decreased in roughly the same way that a rock dropped from a cliff is dragged to a slower speed when it enters a body of water. This slowing of light relative to its speed through a vacuum is of no consequence for our discussion of relativity and is justifiably ignored throughout the text.”

Justifiably ignored!? I don't think so!!! NOTHING is JUSTIFIABLY ignored!

In the video I briefly address the main radius of the trion re of light (time) and suggest that we received knowledge of time from an outside source, whether God, alien, or evolutionary drive. I think it's very important we keep an open mind about how we actually derive any variable we choose to assign the universe, as men.

Here is a link to the video on youtube,

Keep in mind I was explaining this for the average facebook viewer so I took some liberties when explaining the metaphysical nature of y as it applies to strings, but I have alot more background work put together showing my findings for anyone else who is interested in more details. I know I'm just touching the tip of an iceburg here that has gone un-noticed by the entire scientific community. I believe this discovery is the key to unlocking zero-point energy, releasing us from the bonds of carbon fuel.

Beyond that, based upon the curve shown in the video, I have been able to apply at least one constant average velocity of light, which is universally true from all perspectives in space-time. This link allows for calculations of both quantum and relative values with in the same equation.

I hope you enjoy the video, feel free to ask any questions. Try not to beat me up too bad, I'm no rocket scientist, I've just got a very keen eye for geometric patterns and I'm sure there is more value here than meets the eye.

Much love,

Aaron Hobba

In the video at 5:42 seconds I can clearly see 10 spots of light which are the result of the reflections, and they definitely seem to fade with distance, can you show us what the light spots of the last 14 reflections are like?

OK you had a dream and then you try and turn the dream into a reality, but how are you going to get anything out of it?

So far it seems a concentrated beam of a laser is lost, how is that going to help you?

Edited by Robittybob1

In your dream were the mirrors really parallel or were they meeting at one end? You end up using a mirror (shiny surface) to become a blackbody if you do.

Have you ever seen the black body effect of a stack of razor blades? http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/blade.htm

A razor blade's working edge is a honed brittle ceramic or intermetallic shard narrower than a wavelength of visible light. (Metal foil that thin is soft.) Light hits the razor edge and diffracts around it, plunging into vast numbers of reflections between converging metal walls. Each bounce loses a little intensity to optical absorption. Resonance conditions (quarter wavelength gap intervals, nodes at the conductive walls) create more intensity holes as the converging metallic tunnel becomes an etalon for successive wavelengths. The result of stacking tiny mirror-shiny sharpened ever-so-thin electrically conductive plates is an irreversible sump for light profoundly black black as only physics can make it.

Maybe you've stumbled on to the way to take the effect into a much larger scale, e.g you could end up with acres of mirrored glass being the most efficient black body absorber of solar radiation, generating heat and thence electricity via a steam turbine.

Also look at http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19630000002.pdf

Edited by Robittybob1

You'd think the shiny sides of the razor edge would reflect light back to you but it doesn't A stack of new razor blades has one of the blackest surface imaginable yet it is made from surfaces that on their own that act like a mirror. What is the maximum opening that you could have at the front edge of two mirrors touching at their far edge so that all light entering is absorbed by the multiple refractions and reflections?

Thank you for all your wonderful suggestions, I definitely am going to rebuild this to a finer quality and retest my results.

https://pdf.yt/d/_ZaAJVl64f2lcXAs/download

I've put my results and conclusions together in a 3 page nutshell for those that would like to see it.

In your dream were the mirrors really parallel or were they meeting at one end? You end up using a mirror (shiny surface) to become a blackbody if you do.

Have you ever seen the black body effect of a stack of razor blades? http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/blade.htm

Maybe you've stumbled on to the way to take the effect into a much larger scale, e.g you could end up with acres of mirrored glass being the most efficient black body absorber of solar radiation, generating heat and thence electricity via a steam turbine.

Also look at http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19630000002.pdf

I think you might be on to something, I was not aware of this effect. It seems probable this curve is as you said, a larger scale of this black phenomena. I have devised a theoretical device based off my observations in regards to an infinite energy pump, but I have not attempted to make a prototype of any sort so it is pure speculation.

Edited by MomentTheory

So are you implying the angle of incidence is not precisely equal to the angle of reflection? Would you say the curve is in the anticlockwise direction?

[The curve is visible upon repeated reflections all tending to one side.]

What axis are you referring to in regards to your first question?

Yes, anti clockwise is the definitive direction when dealing with parallel mirrors. I've tested it using free moving mirrors to manipulate the angles with the same results. Although the curve becomes practically immeasurable beyond a certain degree, this curve is present regardless.

Edited by MomentTheory

What axis are you referring to in regards to your first question?

Yes, anti clockwise is the definitive direction when dealing with parallel mirrors. I've tested it using free moving mirrors to manipulate the angles with the same results. Although the curve becomes practically immeasurable beyond a certain degree, this curve is present regardless.

If we try to relate it too the usual coordinates with "X" being left to right and "Y" being up and down, then The Z axis the one that comes toward or away from the observer, means that the axis change (-X direction) occurs if the light is shone at the mirror. When the light curves, does it curve through the air or while it is in the glass?

• 4 months later...

Have you been able to reconstruct the experiment (engineer a new set-up) and find similar results (no visible detection of the light after the 49th reflection, same curvature of the laser's path)?

What happens if you modify the separation of the mirrors?

Are you able to determine that the curvature of the light is due to the nature of light and the experiment and not some other interaction (imperfections in your materials, etc)

I find that experimentation with lasers is very difficult as minor imperfections or misalignments can cause huge skews in my data. This is why I often attempt to swap out components in my setups to check for differences due to imperfections in my materials.

• 2 weeks later...

MomentTheory,

One question and a suggestion and an observation.

Why, when you shine the laser off the top mirror and onto the floor of the experiment, is the light circle the size of a tennis ball?

I would try some of Sensei's variables, especially "Spin your device - whether orientation north-south, east-west has any influence." (also, wouldn't hurt to intentionally change the angle of the mirrors and their distances from each other, to see what adjustments, cause the track of reflections to change character.)

The front of the experiment is awash in green light, on the sides of the boards and in between the mirrors. You can even see green light in the edge of the top mirror which means some light has traveled backward, and as someone said, I believe it was Strange or RobbityBob1, you can "see" green light when you look at the experiment from the other end, so light is making it through. There is a lot of reflection and lensing and refraction going on, and just rotating the laser, or skewing it this way or that, bounces green light all over the place.

Regards, TAR