SFN Upgraded

Dave

I switch to the code based editor using the toggle switch on the top left. When I've composed my message, I switch back to the primary editor and fix the spacing. I got tired of jerking around with the unbearable software and it's automated assumptions about what I was trying to do with my post, and this has made things much less frustrating for me.

OIC, thanks for the tip...

I just found something to make splitting up a post easier to respond individually to parts. This is a whole quote:

That's what I do, too.

The code based editor is not quite WYSIWYM (what you say is what you mean).
The primary editor is not quite WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).

Between the two you can more or less minimize the surprises that appear after you hit the "Add Reply" button.

It pretty much sucks that this is the only way to get something reasonable.

If you place the cursor at the end of the sentence and double tap the Enter key the quote box splits:

That's what I do, too.

The code based editor is not quite WYSIWYM (what you say is what you mean).

The primary editor is not quite WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).

Between the two you can more or less minimize the surprises that appear after you hit the "Add Reply" button.

It pretty much sucks that this is the only way to get something reasonable.

It appears there needs to be a space under the section you want to split from...If you are splitting a paragraph just press the Enter key twice between adjacent sentences to move the following section down with a clear line in between before replacing the cursor at the end of the preceding sentence and double tapping the Enter key to.split them..

I just found something to make splitting up a post easier to respond individually to parts. This is a whole quote:

If you place the cursor at the end of the sentence and double tap the Enter key the quote box splits:

It appears there needs to be a space under the section you want to split from...If you are splitting a paragraph just press the Enter key twice between adjacent sentences to move the following section down with a clear line in between before replacing the cursor at the end of the preceding sentence and double tapping the Enter key to.split them..

Yep - that's how I have been doing it. My problem is that I go back to cut out the annoying two extra returns that I have just put in and I manage to delete just a bit more and lose the quote tag as well. And you cannot even ctrl-z back within the box

I have found that this does not always work. Sometimes it just adds lines to the quote box. I haven't discovered any consistent pattern to when it will or won't split the quote box.

Yep - that's how I have been doing it. My problem is that I go back to cut out the annoying two extra returns that I have just put in and I manage to delete just a bit more and lose the quote tag as well. And you cannot even ctrl-z back within the box

I'm finding this doesn't work consistently.

edit: crossposted with swansont, so I'll add that I sometimes use the editor to separate the sentences I want to quote, then go back to the normal mode so I can more easily highlight and wrap quote tags around them. Then I can also deal with the spacing. I don't like having responses crammed between the lines. I think it's easier to read with a space above and below, even though this may not seem an efficient use of space.

Edited by Phi for All
crossposted