What evidence is there for life after death?

seriously disabled

Black holes? dark energy? where is the proof? I would dare to add about as much proof for these as the afterlife. Don't let us all be blinkered in to believing that science is always right! I would add that science is mostly wrong. If I was getting paid to come up with all these fantastic theories and developed experimental woo woo to fit the desired result I would find something new every day. I am a fan of science but if we think that it is all sewn up think again. There is no scientist that will tell you that they understand consciousness, so how can they say that any form of afterlife does not exist. My personal belief is that we eternally return (this does not require pseudo science ) but the fact that whatever made you and me will eventually come together again given an infinite amount of time if infinity is a fact.

Will my atoms go on to exist in another life-form? Almost certainly yes.

Will my consciousness go on to exist in another life-form? Almost certainly no.

. My personal belief is that we eternally return (this does not require pseudo science ) but the fact that whatever made you and me will eventually come together again given an infinite amount of time if infinity is a fact.

Hi Jeff. Welcome to the forum. Science theories aren't just made up on whim, like your belief. They are subject to constant scrutiny and someone, somewhere, is trying to rip them to pieces everyday of the week..

Black holes? dark energy? where is the proof? I would dare to add about as much proof for these as the afterlife. Don't let us all be blinkered in to believing that science is always right! I would add that science is mostly wrong. If I was getting paid to come up with all these fantastic theories and developed experimental woo woo to fit the desired result I would find something new every day. I am a fan of science but if we think that it is all sewn up think again. There is no scientist that will tell you that they understand consciousness, so how can they say that any form of afterlife does not exist. My personal belief is that we eternally return (this does not require pseudo science ) but the fact that whatever made you and me will eventually come together again given an infinite amount of time if infinity is a fact.

I disagree. I think it's our interpretations that are sometimes wrong and not the science itself when the methods we use to investigate a question or idea adheres to the rigors of the scientific method. In science, rigorous methods of observation, logic, and verification assures our reliance on tangible evidence and relevant facts rather than unproven or unprovable beliefs that promote delusion, ignorance and, often, social division.

Thank you for the welcome to science forum. I am a keen science follower but not a scientist therefore I admit I have huge areas of knowledge missing regarding this subject but I will follow all posts avidly and hopefully gain much further insight.

Black holes through telescopes? Reading other science literature I always thought that black holes are invisible and it was the effect of the black holes on light and stars round it that could be seen and not the black holes themselves.

Black holes through telescopes? Reading other science literature I always thought that black holes are invisible and it was the effect of the black holes on light and stars round it that could be seen and not the black holes themselves.

The point is that there is a huge amount of indirect evidence for black holes, so there is good reason to suspect that they exist. This evidence puts black holes into a totally different category to "life after death" for which there is absolutely no evidence at all. The distinction is an important one.

When you say their is no evidence for life after death it all depends which scientists you listen too. Like black holes it all depends which scientist you believe has the same ideas as yourself. There are many scientists that do not believe in black holes or dark energy or dark flow.

Our knowledge regarding these subjects including an afterlife is so limited but I hope that I have an open mind to accept that they can exist.

I am not like Stephen Hawking would say '' afraid of the dark'' Science is now saying that there is no such thing as nothing. Maybe people that vehemently insist that there is no such thing as an afterlife are maybe frightened of life itself.

!

Moderator Note

As my warnings about going off-topic have been again ignored (black holes? dark energy?), we're done here. As I have repeatedly said, if you want to discuss something else, START A NEW TOPIC. Can't follow simple directions? Well, now you have no choice.

There is no scientist that will tell you that they understand consciousness, so how can they say that any form of afterlife does not exist.

By the same token, you can't say it does, and science requires evidence. Things are not right until proven wrong. Keep that in mind in further science discussions.