Cheerleaders

CmdrShepSpectre2183

If a 50 year guy does enjoy watching a pretty teenage girl in a short skirt cheerleading at a football game, or for that matter even a pretty teenage girl walking down the street in a pair of jeans and jumper, how does it really matter? Who is being hurt in reality? Surely there are far more things of concern in the world than worrying about middle aged guys finding teenage girls attractive, especially so given that this is exactly what has occurred for thousands of years, thanks largely to biological programming over which nobody has any actual control, doesn't it all just seem tad bit daft to be worrying about!

My blunt understanding of the research is that it's usually harmful to their development to have mid-teen persons sexually involved with much older people, even though, as with alcohol, adults aren't legally bound. His thoughts aren't hurting anyone and shouldn't be punished, but while they may be the norm, they're still unvirtuous.

A thought isn’t unvirtuous acting on the thought certainly is.

To Aristotle, virtues were traits that disposed one to do good.

An inspector at the event gate should exclude all hairy palmed males. Problem solved. :P

Why? Barring their entrance doesn't make them any less virtuous.

To Buddha that would be wisdom.

Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue. ~Buddha

Well when I see a pretty shapely young lady, I may think, wouldn’t it be great if I could have sexual congress with her without the moral and legal consequences?

That doesn’t mean I would, even with her insistence, because any reasonable person understands the moral imperative to resist, not mentioning the legal consequences.

Unvirtuous isn’t necessarily the antipode of virtuous.

IOW my actions are virtuous whilst my thoughts, sometimes even disgusts me “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone”; honesty with others is but a mask and meaningless but honesty with yourself is crucial.

Classical conditioning may apply to human sexual arousal, suggesting the possibility of at least temporary amplified or lessened desire from reinforcement or lack thereof. I maintain my position.

That may well be true but it doesn’t stop me thinking that way; I therefore maintain my position.

We think what we think because we think it, whatever the reason; we act on that thinking for a reason and that’s the difference.

Here's a cheer outfit that doesn't use a skirt/lolly combo. Sexy, skimpy, functional, an outfit that fits the activity.

U1101_SPO_A01_front_Zoom.jpg

It's built for gymnastics, and it's not sending a message to younger girls that there are some occasions when, if enough people want you to, it's OK to show them what's up your skirt.

Here's a cheer outfit that doesn't use a skirt/lolly combo. Sexy, skimpy, functional, an outfit that fits the activity.

U1101_SPO_A01_front_Zoom.jpg

It's built for gymnastics, and it's not sending a message to younger girls that there are some occasions when, if enough people want you to, it's OK to show them what's up your skirt.

Yes, that's nice but what if she walks like "a gently, swaying palm tree on a balmy evening?" As you may note from my prose: it is in the eye of the beholder. In the middle of Jeddah that's still going to cause a lot of hot and bother.Or, in a sea of nudity, you spot The short skirt. ;)

Yes, that's nice but what if she walks like "a gently, swaying palm tree on a balmy evening?" As you may note from my prose: it is in the eye of the beholder. In the middle of Jeddah that's still going to cause a lot of hot and bother.Or, in a sea of nudity, you spot The short skirt. ;)

But I've never been against the eye-candy concept. That's a consensual bit of sexuality, and if it's condoned as a bit of hot and bother at the high school sporting event, that's not my objection. They're supposed to be doing coordinated gymnastics to get me excited... about the game.

It really is the idea of the skirt you're supposed to see beneath that bugs me. Lots of things are sexual to lots of people, like wearing opera gloves, but it's an affinity that isn't overtly sexual. Looking up a girl's skirt to see her panties has no other function than to arouse (unless you're an official inspector with Victoria's Secret, like me). Lots of women tennis players wear the combo as well, and it bugs me on the courts too. Skorts have the part that keeps panties unseen built right in, but the skirt/lolly combo seems to be the most popular.

I know I've seen somewhere a uniform of short skirts with tights on underneath, like many ballerinas. Maybe it was just the cheerleaders at my old school making it school appropriate.

It's not worse than a bathing suit, is it?

Edited by MonDie

Nobody cares what turns you on!

You didn't contribute, or present anything that can be discussed.

The default position is that cheerleaders are of normal intelligence and academic aptitude.

I like the idea of a smart girl becoming a cheerleader. Break stereotypes! Do you think the cheerleaders force the one in the glasses to do their homework for them?

Hey, you know what? You started this thread out a bit creepy, and I thought I'd help by adding a different perspective, and I think that part of the discussion was pretty interesting to many.

But your part of the discussion continues to be creepy and misogynistic. And you can't post those pictures if they have a copyright notice. I think everything productive has been said, and while I don't usually do any mod actions on threads I'm involved in, a) this is the Lounge, b) it's late and there's no one else, and c) I mentioned your posts are creepy, right?

!

Moderator Note

So I'm closing this.