IRC Chat -- again!!

Dave

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have Java installed properly?

Good question... I will have to see if I have it set up properly. Damn... Need to reset comp to see if this works.

Edit: Bah still no luck... wtf... Any ideas how to get this to work?

DING! Got it. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a short note for anyone who's going to try, it's quite often than the people on the channel are doing other stuff, like posting in the forums, so if you pop in to stay hi, it's best if you give us a few mins to reply (I've been known to take over an hour to reply to comments made directly at me, but that's just me, there'll normally be someone about). Once a couple people start talking others normally join in...

The server and your client periodically "ping" each other, sending a bit of data and waiting for a response. This helps them determine network status and speed, as well as if they're still connected. If it takes too long for the response to come, it's called a "timeout", and your client disconnects because it thinks something broke.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...