A legal question

It's spelled out on the rules page. You retain the copyright. Collecting your posts into a book would be perfectly legal. But anyone who wanted to view them could just come here and read them, thus moot.

Unless otherwise specified, all content is copyrighted by its respective author, including all private messages, posts, and comments. By posting content on ScienceForums.net, you agree to grant ScienceForums.net usage rights to that content within the confines of the site, and other members the right to quote and respond to that content.

It's spelled out on the rules page. You retain the copyright. Collecting your posts into a book would be perfectly legal. But anyone who wanted to view them could just come here and read them, thus moot.

But with you having locked them, it wouldn't matter much. Just saying.

Given I have (supposedly) no rights on others' contributions: How much of a post of mine in which I cite someone or refer to their postings would I be allowed to sell to become rich and famous? All of the words typed by me but not the text I referred to/quoted?

What's the legality of collecting all of my posts into a book and then selling the book?

Much depends on what you're telling the reader it contains. It's extremely likely your claims could be fraudulent. You should consult an attorney specialized in publishing.

But with you having locked them, it wouldn't matter much. Just saying.

Locked, or preserved for posterity?

It's all in the perspective.

What does that mean?

Is it a yes? a no? something else?

If you asked "what colour is your dog?" and I replied "Black", would you understand that I meant

"the colour of my dog is black"?

OK, by analogy.

"What's the legality of collecting all of my posts into a book and then selling the book?"

"Moot."

So, the legality of collecting all of your posts into a book and then selling the book is moot.

Because, while you could offer the book for sale I doubt you could actually sell it.

Who would buy it?

As has already been pointed out, it would be rubbish and it would also be pointless- anyone who wished to read it could do so here for free.

Even if the site claimed copyright (and that would get tricky), the point would still be moot.

There wouldn't be enough sales to justify taking up a court's time with it.

de minimis non curat lex.

"1 open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point.

of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic.
Chiefly Law. not actual; theoretical; hypothetical."
from