Wind farms cause global warming.

esbo

Wind farms cause global warming.  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Wind farms cause global warming.

:D

don't buy one of those it won't work!!!!

here is proof!!

That's not proof! I've had mine for almost ten years now. I love it, works great and my next fridge will be freezer on the bottom as well. I bought it because I'm 6' 4" tall and use the cooler part more than the freezer. But I've never had any problems with food rotting or poor air circulation.

I don't give a tinker's cuss for the video: I didn't watch it.

However the winds on earth are still driven by the temperature gradient between the poles and the equator.

What do you think drives them?

but no warm is is taken from the poles at the surface.

slowing the wind warms the surface of the earth globally including the poles.

That's why they are melting.

That's not proof! I've had mine for almost ten years now. I love it, works great and my next fridge will be freezer on the bottom as well. I bought it because I'm 6' 4" tall and use the cooler part more than the freezer. But I've never had any problems with food rotting or poor air circulation.

Prove it!!!

It will only work if it has a fan to circulate the air as natural currents will not work in the top unless the coolest part of the top is

at the top.

Seriously do you really have a fridge like that?

Does it have a fan to stop all the cold air staying at the bottom?

It must have or it won't work properly

Edited by esbo

The sun heats the polesand the wind takes the heat away up into the atmosphere and into outer space.

That's how I understand it.

'understand' is not the right word to use for your idea of how the flow of solar energy works in the atmosphere!!!

Prove it!!!

It will only work if it has a fan to circulate the air as natural currents will not work in the top unless the coolest part of the top is

at the top.

Seriously do you really have a fridge like that?

Does it have a fan to stop all the cold air staying at the bottom?

It must have or it won't work properly

http://tlc.howstuffw...frigerators.htm

Bottom freezer drawer models are also generally a little more efficient than French door units. Everybody knows that warm air rises, so it just makes sense to have the coldest items at the bottom of the unit.

http://products.hows...tor-reviews.htm

Bottom-freezer refrigerators are the most energy-efficient of all refrigerator configurations.

Yes, I do have a fridge like that, why would I need to lie about it? They've been around for quite a while. If you know anything about market economies, you'll know that an inefficient design in refrigerators won't last very long before being rejected by consumers, especially since food represents one of the largest monthly expenses in many households.

I think the review you quoted earlier was a cherry-picked anomaly. The basic design is sound.

http://tlc.howstuffw...frigerators.htm

http://products.hows...tor-reviews.htm

Yes, I do have a fridge like that, why would I need to lie about it? They've been around for quite a while. If you know anything about market economies, you'll know that an inefficient design in refrigerators won't last very long before being rejected by consumers, especially since food represents one of the largest monthly expenses in many households.

I think the review you quoted earlier was a cherry-picked anomaly. The basic design is sound.

Really cannot believe what I am reading!!

Well actually in this corrupt upside down world I can.

I don't need to know anything about market economies because we certainly do not live in one.

We have a corrupt oligipoly not a market economy buy and large.

And listen to his piece of bull you quoted " Everybody knows that warm air rises, so it just makes sense to have the coldest items at the bottom of the unit."

A fridge does not work by warming air, it does the opposite, it works by cooling air.

Cold air falls, and if you put the freezer box at the bottom all the cold air stays at the bottom, there is no circulation of cold

air and the temperature at the top of the fridge becomes dangerously high.

Things like heating systems do the opposite, that is why your radiators are not on the ceiling, if they were the top of the room would be

warm and the bottom cold.

The people who designed those things are idiots!!

You see the problem with having the freezer at the bottom is the cold air never gets to the top and it can get warm up there,

dangerously warm allowing bacteria to breed.

It is obviously not efficient because you can't get the top of the fridge cold because the cold air stays at the bottom.

You can't rely on circulation because all the cold air is stacked up at the bottom so you can only get the top cool by

conduction and that is going to take a lot of energy.

It's just crazy - technology going backwards.

That review is genuine and the first I found, the fridge will never work no amount of repairs will fix the

fact the freezer is in the wrong place, the top of the fridge will always be warm. That is why the fridge will always

be on because I presume the thermostat is at the top where it will never get cold.

Te only solution is to stick an electric fan in the fridge to try and blow cold air up, but it is gonna fall back down of course

but it is better than nothing.

I would take it back and demand a refund, it is not fit for purpose.

Edited by esbo

And listen to his piece of bull you quoted " Everybody knows that warm air rises, so it just makes sense to have the coldest items at the bottom of the unit."

A fridge does not work by warming air, it does the opposite, it works by cooling air.

Cold air falls, and if you put the freezer box at the bottom all the cold air stays at the bottom, there is no circulation of cold

Wow, I can't believe this confuses you so much. If you put the coldest part at the bottom it does not take as much energy to keep it cold as it does if you put it at the top where your refrigeration is constantly working against rising warm air that is working against you. That's why the article states that it is most efficient with the coldest part at the bottom. At the bottom you don't have to worry about warm air sinking into the freezer and causing the compressor to run more often like it does on top freezer models.

A refrigerator works by circulating air into both the refrigerator and freezer portion of the unit. At least give the engineers credit for thinking of such an obvious issue.

A refrigerator works by circulating air into both the refrigerator and freezer portion of the unit. At least give the engineers credit for thinking of such an obvious issue.

You have no circulation with the freezer at the bottom, cold air falls so the cold air sits at the bottom and stays there.

It is different with heating as hot air rises so a heater at the bottom heats the whole room, if you put it at the

top the hot air would stay at the top and leave the rest of the room cold.

The old engineers solved the issue decades ago.

The new rubbish engineers have unsolved it and produce a useless fridge.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry, it's a mad world.

You have no circulation with the freezer at the bottom, cold air falls so the cold air sits at the bottom and stays there.

It is different with heating as hot air rises so a heater at the bottom heats the whole room, if you put it at the

Think of it this way. Consider an ice box at one end instead of a freezer. If you put ice in it will the ice last longer in a box at the bottom of the unit or one at the top?

Wow, I can't believe this confuses you so much. If you put the coldest part at the bottom it does not take as much energy to keep it cold as it does if you put it at the top where your refrigeration is constantly working against rising warm air that is working against you. That's why the article states that it is most efficient with the coldest part at the bottom. At the bottom you don't have to worry about warm air sinking into the freezer and causing the compressor to run more often like it does on top freezer models.

Yes the bottom will be cold, fine, but the top will remain warm because the cold air will stay at the bottom.

To get the top cold you will have to turn it up really high.

Where are you going to put the thermostat?

I could keep my heater warm and efficient by placing it at the top of the room away from the cold air

but that would be frigging stupid!! :doh:

Think of it this way. Consider an ice box at one end instead of a freezer. If you put ice in it will the ice last longer in a box at the bottom of the unit or one at the top?

It will last longer at the bottom but unfortunately the food at the top will be warm and go off.

That is why the freezer needs to be at the top to avoid making warm area's in the fridge.

http://reviews.bestb...ews/reviews.htm

Purchased the Gold Series Whirlpool bottom freezer model 18 months ago and have had nothing but problems with both the unit and customer service. Seems like there is a design flaw with this because the bottom of freezer continues to build up with ice and then starts to leak on the floor. This seems to cause odors with the ice as well. I have defrosted, de-iced, and cleaned the drain multiple times but the issue reoccurs. Whirlpool customer service is very poor - they behave like they are trying to limit exposure and damage related to a flaw. I would advise anyone NOT to buy this or any other Whirlpool product. If you doubt this review Google the issue and you will find many similar experiences, If you buy this model be prepared to constantly be breaking up sheets of ice from the freezer bottom and mopping up puddles from your floor!No, I would not recommend this to a friend.

:D

Edited by esbo

It will last longer at the bottom but unfortunately the food at the top will be warm and go off.

That is why the freezer needs to be at the top to avoid making warm area's in the fridge.

There are no warm areas in my fridge. Your insistence that it's making my food "go off" is ridiculous. As a matter of fact, the foods that are most likely to "go off" (meats, cheeses) are in the upper half of the cooling section.

If my fridge was making my food go bad, why wouldn't I get rid of it? Why would I put up with that for ten years? Your arguments have gone beyond the speculative and into the bizarre. You started out arguing against wind farm systems where the atmospheric conditions may be difficult to measure, but now you're arguing against something I've observed in my home every day for the past ten years. I suspect you're simply trolling now. Are you seriously telling me you know more about the day-to-day functions of my appliances than I do?

http://reviews.bestb...ews/reviews.htm

Ha Ha Ha ... Did you notice that you actually linked to a unit with the freezer at the bottom?

The refrigerators do not make warm areas. I am convinced though that trying to help you understand this is probably futile so I give up. Good luck esbo. I'm sure that vendors like your power company probably love your misunderstanding of efficiency. Hopefully they'll not take too much advantage of you.

post-27780-0-75861300-1336443424_thumb.jpg

There are no warm areas in my fridge. Your insistence that it's making my food "go off" is ridiculous. As a matter of fact, the foods that are most likely to "go off" (meats, cheeses) are in the upper half of the cooling section.

If my fridge was making my food go bad, why wouldn't I get rid of it? Why would I put up with that for ten years? Your arguments have gone beyond the speculative and into the bizarre. You started out arguing against wind farm systems where the atmospheric conditions may be difficult to measure, but now you're arguing against something I've observed in my home every day for the past ten years. I suspect you're simply trolling now. Are you seriously telling me you know more about the day-to-day functions of my appliances than I do?

Well you probably do not keep it long enough to go bad.

But it would keep longer in a normal fridge.

Obviously it will keep a bit longer than outside the fridge.

But how does cold air get to the top of the fridge?

It is not going to rise up above the warmer air above it, that defies the lays of physics.

It will conduct up there eventually but air is a poor conductor, every time you open the door warm air will get in the top

and it will take a long time to cool down again.

In a normal fridge the top is cold because of the ice box and the cold air will drift down to the bottom

giving fairly uniform refrigeration.

In yours the bottom could be -60C and the top room temperate!!

Maybe yours has separate compartments with two coolers, that would work but it's over complicated.

Perhaps that is why they have some many problems according to many reviews I have seen.

Doors falling off, big blocks of ice jamming the water cooler, water leaking out etc...

Anyway I certainly will not be getting one.

!

Moderator Note

1. This thread has become wildly off topic.

2. esbo, nothing you've cited is actual evidence of anything, merely personal opinions and bias. Please look up the term and become familiar with it for the future.

3. The trolling has become insufferable.

4. Thread closed.

5. You are not permitted to reintroduce this topic.