samurai vs ninja

Abreu

i beleive the samurai would kill the ninja beause ninja isnt a sure thing he works in stealth,the samurai in the other hand has honor and pride who would boost him mentaly but would a samurai be able to slice a ninja in half with one sword hit?

• 1 month later...

In a standoff with ninja and samurai i presume the samurai would be the most effective in hand to hand combat. As stated prior the ninja is based on stealth and this scenario is arena based? sword fighting etc... I wadger 50 yen for the samurai side....... popcorn anybody??? c - :

• 3 months later...

who in your opinion would win?

ninjabunny.gif

Well it would really depend on the ninja's skills wouldn't it? You see, the samurai is heavily armoured, and therefore, protected. However, popular belief says that ninjas are expert fighters, and so maybe don't even need armour. If both subjects had equal skills, then the samurai would have the better chance because of his protection. Yet, one might believe that the ninja, is in fact, quite stupid if he is to turn up to a fight with no means of protection at all... but both subjects would have learned several different styles of martial arts, so then it comes straight back to skill again.

Well it would really depend on the ninja's skills wouldn't it? You see, the samurai is heavily armoured, and therefore, protected.

Well...

I wouldn't say a samurai was heavily armoured, for one, Japanese steel at the time of the samurai ~ 1100 to 1600 AD was of inferior quality and hard to come by compared to steel of western europe. In this scenario i'd go with the samurai anyway as ninjas are indeed geared towards infiltration, assasination and spying and not all out warfare.

A matchup i'd really like to see is a Samurai vs the same time period equivilent from western Europe. Lets see just how those magical/Legendary and able cut through concrete Katanas are against full plate armour.

Well...

I wouldn't say a samurai was heavily armoured, for one, Japanese steel at the time of the samurai ~ 1100 to 1600 AD was of inferior quality and hard to come by compared to steel of western europe. In this scenario i'd go with the samurai anyway as ninjas are indeed geared towards infiltration, assasination and spying and not all out warfare.

A matchup i'd really like to see is a Samurai vs the same time period equivilent from western Europe. Lets see just how those magical/Legendary and able cut through concrete Katanas are against full plate armour.

Too right! We might see how much the ability to craft a fine poem, or a knowledge of calligraphy really helps a fighting man.

Edited by imatfaal