Autism Test

ydoaPs

What's your score?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What's your score?

• 0-10 Low
    • 11-22 Average (Female Average:15, Male Average:17)
    • 23-31 Above Average
    • 32-49 Very High (People with Asperger's Syndrome or High Functioning Autism average 35)
    • 50 Max

Adequate for what?

I only got 32-

I only got 32-

I only got 32

I have always wondered that myself, it just seems that somebody in my life always thinks I should be doing something else. (I got 32 as well....don't you feel a little disturbed, now?).

• 3 months later...

I got 27, which is about smack dab in the middle of the "above average" range.

I certainly have autistic tendencies but perhaps I'm in enough social situations on a day-to-day basis that I don't have trouble coping. I've noticed there's all sorts of descriptions of autistic people which don't fit me as well (e.g. I'm more of a big picture person than one who is always obsessed with the details). I think at some point in my life I became almost obsessed with trying new things and constantly seeking novelty, so maybe that helps. Part of my brain always bitches and complains at first but in the end I always love the joy of synthesizing new experiences.

Recently I've been going to trade shows and conferences, acting as a salesman in the former and a presenter in the latter, and to my surprise I don't think I'm too bad at either.

As an aside: This test was made by Baron-Cohen, S.? I can't help but think of Sacha Baron Cohen a.k.a. Ali G/Borat/Bruno

Edited by bascule

I scored a 25.

I was actually expecting something higher, I completely obsess over certain things{science and engineering} and have to include every detail about what I like If someone asks. Even If I ask myself.

Im also not the most social, but not socially impared I think, I just choose to be so.

i've often suspected I may have a near-asperger's symdrome type condition. My father definitely has it. I got a 28, which is lower than I imagined... but i think it's because one of my asperger-y obsessions is dealing with my own asperger-y-ness. I deliberately put myself in situations where I have to learn to be normal.

28!

In general though I don't like people. People can call me socially awkward but whatever. I don't like dumb people which I find on average is large majority of people. I am not saying I am super einstein smart, but I hold my ability to be intelligent, to gain more knowledge, have the ability to examine "x" and understand the truths around it, to eliminate bias, see the truth in everything. I pride myself on improving that aspect....where a lot of people are concerned who is going to win American Idol.

Call me socially awkward fine....but look at how the average person lives there life, I am happy to be who I am. I do work on socializing and I am pretty sure I would of been a 30+ a few years ago, you need to socialized to get anywhere in this world.

Just don't ask me to try to relate with most people because I can't.

Edited by GutZ