QM is BS

Riogho

Quantum Mechanics is bullshit, it must all be thrown out! There is a true underlying theory that will unify the forces, String Theory, Quantum Mechanics, SuperSym, are all paths leading in the wrong direction!

/rant

you do know science is an iterative process. we stat with an approximation, we improve it so it is a better approximation, and repeat. there me not even be a 'perfect' theory. and an approximation is not necessarily a bad thing.

for instance, i know i am approximately 25km from my house. the fact that by using google maps i can see that i am clearly 24.98 km from my house does not mean my origional estimate is wrong and should just be chucked out. the actual value was well within error limitations (which would be on the order of kilometers). i was actually quite surprised by how close my guess was. and the 24.98 is still an approximation. i'm sure more accurate measuring will reveal that i am more like 24.9760003846383763827453846438328467932463452564836km but that would still be an approximation. an incredibly accurate one that you could use for a lot but still an approximation. butthe fact is, it would require a whole lot of effort to aquire something that accurate with almost no benefit over the origional estimate of 25 km.

QM fits the data we have available. we are working on was to be more accurate. when we get them then we will improve our approximations.

No one ever claimed QM was complete, it's not we know it's not, people are working on better theories.

Classical mechanics is not wrong for the regime in which it was designed to work, like QM it was not complete and we knew this and worked harder and got QM and relativity.

This thread is pointless.

I agree. This isn't even good speculation. Just claiming something is bs without explaining your reasoning or offering an alternative just sounds like someone who doesn't grasp the concept.

I would love to see more grounded speculations come from this sub-forum. I'm tired of the "it's not intuitive to me therefore it's WRONG!" approach. :mad:

Spice it up or this thread will be closed.

Spice it up or this thread will be closed.

Well, I can confirm, after many attempts, that crushed Jalepenos do not display wave like behaviour (as per the two slit experiment.) My research continues...

Quantum Mechanics is bullshit, it must all be thrown out! There is a true underlying theory that will unify the forces, String Theory, Quantum Mechanics, SuperSym, are all paths leading in the wrong direction!

/rant

So, all you need to do the get every scientist to take up torches and pitchforks against quantum mechanics, is find a better theory. "Better" meaning a theory that describes the universe more accurately than quantum mechanics, not just one that "makes more sense."

/rant

BS? Oh come on, I know it sounds strange and stupid enough, hard to understand, but as far as I have read QM has solved a lot of 'issues' that were in its way, and we have applications of it, making it so not BS.

As for the string theory, that's yet to be proved, and as long as no experiment can be done to confirm or deny what string theory predicts, then that is still agnostic.

You were able to make that post, weren't you?

But if someone makes a point then we have a point and pointless existing simultaneously — the thread will be in a superposition of the two states. Which is proof that QM is right. Locking the thread will collapse the thread's wave function in the "pointless" state (assuming that wave functions are not bullshit)

I can tell you that Quantum Mechanics is NOT Bullshit (but, that would take a long time).

Einstein came up with this thing...And then spent the rest of his life trying to disprove it (or find an alternative, unified theory). He failed.

Whoof...

It might be do-able, but I think that we might need to clone Einstein first!

Cheers,

O3

Ermm... Actually, yes, you did... the moment you clicked "New Thread." :rolleyes:

Swansont moved it from a thread because it was pointless in that thread(OT) claiming he did something he never did is not a good idea, even if you are right about his ideas.

Swansont moved it from a thread because it was pointless in that thread(OT) claiming he did something he never did is not a good idea, even if you are right about his ideas.

I stand corrected. I missed the fact that this was split from another thread, and while I still strongly disagree with Riogho, his position on this issue, and also his method of presenting it... I was mistaken when I suggested he clicked the "New Thread" button. Thanks, IA.