Do posters use false Avatars.

Rebiu

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My avatar, in a way, reflects my personality. I used to do a lot of computer programming (before my accident) and still do small amounts. Ever scince I was around 6 years old I have been progrmaing and using computers (btw: I am 30 now) so my avatar does reflect this aspect of me. :rolleyes:

"accident"?

6 years ago I dislocated my shoulder and I frequently (a couple of times a day) experience a partial dislocation (called a subluxation) which causes intense pain (similar to that of the dislocation its self). I have had 6 opperations (1 of which was just as exploratory surgery and 1 other started as exploratory but then they realise that repair work was needed). As the injury is in the shoulder of my dominant arm, this causes a lot of difficulty in virtually everything I do.

The avatar(as picked by the member) is obviously something the member wants, therefore it depicts at least an aspect of their personality and desires. if they pick something that is deliberately misleading, then that would mean that they want to live a different life than they are now.

so, in effect, there are no false avatars.

Mine is based on a particular character I found interesting in an anime series, Kyuubi. In japanese it mean Nine-tails after the mythological creature Kyuubi no Kitsune.

Physical characteristics of kitsune

The physical attribute kitsune are most noted for is their tails — a fox may possess as many as nine of them. Generally, an older and more powerful fox will possess a greater number of tails, and some sources say that a fox will only grow additional tails after they have lived for a thousand years. After that period of time, the number increases based on age and wisdom (depending on the source). However, the foxes that appear in folk stories almost always possess one, five, or nine tails, not any other number.

When a kitsune gains its ninth tail, its fur becomes silver, white, or gold. These kyūbi no kitsune ("nine-tailed foxes") gain the power of infinite vision — they can see (and hear) anything happening anywhere in the world. Occasionally, they are also attributed "infinite wisdom," essentially omniscience. Similarly, in Korea, a fox that lives a thousand years is said to turn into a kumiho (literally "nine-tail fox"), but the Korean fox is always depicted as evil, unlike the Japanese fox, which can be either benevolent or malevolent. Chinese folklore also contains fox spirits with many similarities to kitsune, including the possibility of nine tails.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune

This is a better image of it from the series:

http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/7997/kyuubi4qt.jpg

Most of my Avatars would reflect my interests.

I am just a very big fan of the Simpsons and I loved the bit where he 'broke' into the Nuclear Reactor and stole a Plutonium rod to make Lisa's non-functioning reactor, functioning. In Homer's words, he "spiced it up a little".

Of course, he had to taste the plutonium rod, just to make sure.

Mine is my favorite robot of all time, from my favorite series.

I think the real question (unless I am mistaken) is how many people post a picture of an actual person that could be mistaken for them (age, gender, not a celeb etc) but is not really them.

hmm... my avitar accurately represents the fact that i like dragons, and the colour blue.

also, that i'm too lazy to crawl the web to find a descent picture of a blue dragon.

hope that was vauguely in the direction of what you were after?

Mine is completely jibberish, I made it when I needed an avatar for something and adopted it for use on several forums...

I'm no big astrophysicist.... Alough it could be a lense flare from a laser, and that's more accurate for what I actually do...