Frenching a Child. Pedophilia?

ku

Frenching a Child. Pedophilia?
If you kiss a child' date=' would that be pedophilia?[/quote']Your title and your lead question are at odds. You are asking two different questions here, and seem to be attempting to skew the response. What gives?

It seems completely obvious that "frenching" (using an open mouth with tongues) is a sexually explicit form of kissing that is inappropriate for a child. Then you ask, "If you [merely] kiss a child, would that be pedophilia?" I'm feeling manipulated here and don't much care for it.

Are you trying to ask about closed-mouth kisses that last longer than would seem appropriate? Kids often try to mimic lengthy kisses they see adults giving each other (without tongues) and it is uncomfortable. An adult should break off a kiss that lasts longer than it should. There's usually nothing sexual about them (especailly when it's accompanied by the wind-up sound effect - mmmmmmmmmm MAH!). I would question any adult that sought to prolong a closed-mouth kiss past a second or two.

agreed, in fact I never opened that URL posted in case it was offensive, and went soley upon the the title.

However, Not withstanding that, I still stand by what I said as guideline.

I give my daughter plenty and plenty of kisses and hugs, but never on the lips, most often on her forehead, when playing she might get some on her back or feet with a Farty sound (it makes her laugh). but no, lip kisses are for my wife.

I would kiss a friend on the cheek (female), and give my Buddies a hug.

different cultures I guess?

agreed' date=' in fact I never opened that URL posted in case it was offensive, and went soley upon the the title.

However, Not withstanding that, I still stand by what I said as guideline.

I give my daughter plenty and plenty of kisses and hugs, but never on the lips, most often on her forehead, when playing she might get some on her back or feet with a Farty sound (it makes her laugh). but no, lip kisses are for my wife.

I would kiss a friend on the cheek (female), and give my Buddies a hug.

different cultures I guess?[/quote']

I see nothing wrong with lip kissing as shown in that photo. I've seen plenty of mothers and dads "fish lip" their children in school and its nice to see. My dad and I, though not like the photo, still kiss each other on the lips.

Bee

Silly question, they look like they both feel like they are expressing affection, nothing more.

Pedephilia is an attack on a child that she/he would not consider a normal action, creating fear, and maladjsuting the child in her/his later sexuality. I've had enough friends who'd been molested as kids to understand the hurtfulness.

The hurt and confusion that results should help define pedophilia, as well as the gental contact.

Pedephilia is an attack on a child that she/he would not consider a normal action' date=' creating fear, and maladjsuting the child in her/his later sexuality. I've had enough friends who'd been molested as kids to understand the hurtfulness.

The hurt and confusion that results should help define pedophilia, as well as the gental contact.[/quote']So by your definition, if the child initiates the sexual contact or considers the contact by the adult to be normal or acceptable, it's not pedophilia? Personally, I consider any intentional sexual contact by an adult with a child to be pedophilia. Kids just aren't capable of knowing what might hurt them psychologically later on, even if it feels good or seems fun right now.

There is a difference, though. Even adults can be molested, and pedophilia is not necessarily molestation, although they're both wrong. A post-pubescent 13-year-old girl who initiates sexual contact with an adult can hardly be said to be molested, and yet the adult is still considered a pedophile for the reasons phi for all mentioned. Of course, this is a recent idea, and one only really prevalent in developed nations. For most of human history, no distinction would be made, sexually-wise (word?), between that 13-year-old and a grown woman.

It takes a pretty sick mind to see anything sexual in that picture. Are we sure it isn't ku who is the pedophile?

The picture it self, yes I agree, its quite normal. The moments before and after the picture in this case would determine whether or not it truely is...well.. you know....you can't really comment either way, so maybe he has some justification to the claim.

I really don't want to have to explain further. not that I have to, but if I did, I wouldn't. :confused:

The picture it self' date=' yes I agree, its quite normal. The moments before and after the picture in this case would determine whether or not it truely is...well.. you know....you can't really comment either way, so maybe he has some justification to the claim.

I really don't want to have to explain further. not that I have to, but if I did, I wouldn't. :confused:[/quote']

The moments before and after the photo are your imagination. He has no justification unless he presents it here. All your doing is introducing a "What if" scenario....

Bee

So by your definition, if the child initiates the sexual contact or considers the contact by the adult to be normal or acceptable, it's not pedophilia? Personally, I consider any intentional sexual contact by an adult with a child to be pedophilia. Kids just aren't capable of knowing what might hurt them psychologically later on, even if it feels good or seems fun right now.

No I don't, as I've stated in the global warming and other threads, when there is a possibilty of great harm, one must side in the area of caution. However, this is a case that is so different, one must return to first principles.

IMO, adults shouldn't allow any sexual contact to happen, either.

Exactly. And if your imagination conjurs up images of pedophilia, what does that say about you?

Apparently I do...

Who says it does? What does it say about people who assume it conjurs up images of pedophilia? These questions go round and round.

I am just saying give the guy a break. No need to make assumptions.

and Bee,

I think you would change your mind real quick if your child was involved. Maybe not that picture but one thats more ambiguious.

No I don't' date=' as I've stated in the global warming and other threads, when there is a possibilty of great harm, one must side in the area of caution. However, this is a case that is so different, one must return to first principles.

IMO, adults shouldn't allow any sexual contact to happen, either.[/quote']I'm confused. Global warming seems like a pretty huge strawman argument when applied to pedophilia. This response didn't really answer my question. Earlier you stated:

Pedephilia is an attack on a child that she/he would not consider a normal action, creating fear, and maladjsuting the child in her/his later sexuality.
I question this definition. Are you defending it or amending it?

This reminds me of something that happened during the Elian Gonzales affair. That was the young Cuban boy whose mother brought him to the US on a raft, but she died along the way and when he got here his relatives took him, but his father wanted him back in Cuba.

Anyway, one of his relatives, a grandmother (his father's mother) if memory serves, unzipped the boy's fly and whipped out his well-you-know. It prompted a huge amount of discussion at the time, basically ranging from "it's child abuse" to "it's just a cultural thing".

Most of us just kinda shook our heads in wonder, not so much at the idea of it being abusive, but at the idea that someone in a position of parental authority in this suspicious day and age would do something like that. That's how that picture strikes me -- something that can't possibly be viewed as sexual, but which you wouldn't dare do anyway just because we're so obsessed about inappropriate sexual behavior.

So it's not that I go around unzipping children's flies or kissing them on the lips, but I can't help but wonder if something has been lost.

and Bee' date='

I think you would change your mind real quick if your child was involved. Maybe not that picture but one thats more ambiguious.[/quote']

(1) Another "What if" statement....

(2) If that were my daughter, in the photo as shown, and she was kissing her uncle I would not have a problem with it at all...... His lips are closed. All I see is love and nothing more.

Don't get me wrong. I know where your coming from and I commend you for it but its not an issue here. :)

Bee

I'm confused. Global warming seems like a pretty huge strawman argument when applied to pedophilia. This response didn't really answer my question. Earlier you stated:

I question this definition. Are you defending it or amending it?

I'm saying that when there is the possibilty of great harm, care should be taken. Part of my last statement is clarification, first causes as to why we need pedophilia laws.

I'm amending it, sexual contact with children is either harmful or so against social norms that it is proper to outlaw it.

However, this kiss just looks like affection to me, and I'm reminded of a friend who said she became a prostitute, partly because she didn't get ENOUGH affection and touching growing up.

Does anyone have an opinion about this picture of Putin kissing a boy?

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/photos/huge/2006_06/2006_06_30/kiss_4.jpg

As for me, I find it too weird for words.

I'm saying that when there is the possibilty of great harm' date=' care should be taken. Part of my last statement is clarification, first causes as to why we need pedophilia laws.

I'm amending it, sexual contact with children is either harmful or so against social norms that it is proper to outlaw it.

However, this kiss just looks like affection to me, and I'm reminded of a friend who said she became a prostitute, partly because she didn't get ENOUGH affection and touching growing up.

Does anyone have an opinion about this picture of Putin kissing a boy?

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/photos/huge/2006_06/2006_06_30/kiss_4.jpg

As for me, I find it too weird for words.[/quote']

I saw that and its questionable to me but I don't know if thats a customary thing so I can't comment.

Bee