10,000 Posts! w00t!

Phi for All

I just wanted to speculate a bit on the kind of dedication it takes to make 10,000 posts on an internet science forum. That kind of loyalty to the site and interest in the subject is pretty rare. And we're not talking about spammy kind of LOL=type posts. We're talking informative, knowledgeable, well-founded posts that have helped a great many people.

I think that would be quite an accomplishment, don't you?

Ah yes and 10,000 helpful ones at that... not offten do we get to see such an event.... we are just lucky there is no raking system yet or the user would be putting most of us to shame ;)

Don't pretend you don't know who you are ;) Congrads ready for the 10,000th post from me and hope to see many more interesting posts in the chemistry section from you (Which I will read with great interest). :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Great job!

Hey' date=' why aren't we saying who the man we're talking about is?[/quote']

We'r hoping for a guest apperence ;)

Come on mr big poster we know your lurking out there somewhere :D

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Do posts in speculations count toward your total? (edit: it seems to be so) I know that general discussion ones do not. If so, posting in this thread would not contribute toward "informative, knowledgeable, well-founded posts" even though it padded your post count total.

I don't think post count is particularly meaningful.

I don't think post count is particularly meaningful.
It's not. But in discussing this with YT2095, I pointed out that it was too tempting a number to let it slide by on just any ordinary post. I more or less forced this thread on him in the hopes he would be able to post his 10,000th here as opposed to wasting it explaining to some creationist about why we still have monkeys if man evolved from them. :rolleyes:

His 10,000th may end up in Chemistry if the timing is right. I just wanted to provide a stage. It's an event, we're having a virtual party, you're all invited!

and so,,,,

here it is, My 10,000`th post.

Thank You each for your kind words, it`s been both a Pleasure And a Honour to have been here (nearly 3 years) and share information, I expect I`ve Easily learned as much as I`ve been of help occasionaly.

I guess it isn`t bad for someone that used to complain when given a 2,000 word essay to write at school (and often wouldn`t even bother doing it!), and have very little in the way of Formal Qualifications too, seriously, I have little to nothing On Paper.

I guess it helps when it`s a subject you`re Interested in and have great folk to work alongside with, Roll on the Next 10,000 :)

Cheers All :)

for the Archive: Members: 8,061

Threads: 18,972

Top Poster: YT2095 (10,000)

Congratulations, YT, you big post whore! :D j/k

Seriously, thanks for your committment, I know you've taught me a great deal (injury-free explosions, creative cell phone usage, what chemicals are OK to sprinkle on corn flakes, to name a few) and I really appreciate it. You're a rare mix of smarts and patience and we're lucky to have you here.

Here's a big pint of what's good for ya for all your time and effort, and an across-the-pond pat on the back (after you take a taste, so it doesn't spill). I'm proud of you, my friend!

We're talking informative' date=' knowledgeable, well-founded posts that have helped a great many people.

I think that would be quite an accomplishment, don't you?[/quote']

Absolutely. It's his work that keeps me going as an SFN poster. His first post in the thread, Best Post Ever, I think is some of his best work:

Oh for crying out loud, you have GOTTA BE kidding!?

Notice the all capitals for "GOTTA BE" and the tandem punctuation of "!?" You don't read this sentence. You feel it. YT isn't just some guy on forum. He's an artist.

Congratulations YT. I wasn't sure if it was possible, but you've done it. I hope you finally get the respect that you deserve.