Life on earth is boring

Guest Six

First I would like to start out by saying I'm not depressed or stressed so don't go saying I need help. I'm an artist and I don't expect you to see what I see or even feel.

Now does anybody else feel like they are trapped in a underground jail? Big universe with maybe infinite worlds and not many humans care. Every place I go it's always the same boring repeating human activities such as, work, relationships, kids, religion, etc. The real questions I guess I'm here to ask is don't you ever want more? Aren't you sick of just being human?

try skydiving, bungee jumping, abseiling or eating cookies. life rocks. you sound like you need a good adrenaline rush. you could start with a rollercoaster and work your way up.

Those just aren't what's calling.

Jumping off of anything is fun, making out is fun, baking cookies is fun, drawing on walls is fun, drinking is fun, eating discounted easter eggs is fun, pretending to be a ninja is fun, pretending to be a pirate is fun, writing songs is fun, sitting under tables is fun, learning new drinking games is fun, listening to Bob Marely is fun, reading really awful magazines is fun, finding a different route to places that you travel between everyday is fun, having spontanious press-up competitions is fun, trying to list the fun things that you've done in the past few weeks is fun.

With all this at hand, how can life be boring?

i agree with the tree.(some how i never thought i'd say something like that, then again i never thought i'd know someone with the nickname " the tree" either).

anyway you seem bored, i'm going skydiving in june this is the most fun you can have with your clothes on(although with the club i go to clothes are entirely optional). i seriously suggest you try it. it costs a bit but its only a once or twice a year thing for me.

</adrenaline junkie rant>

Build an interstellar ship. That'll keep you occupied, and give you the opportunity to find somewhere more fun.

Why not, lets organise the first SFN trip too the moon :D

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

If you have trouble finding anything meaningful to do on earth, the rest of the universe isn't going to be much better. Aliens would be entertaining and space is filled with eye candy, but all it can do is give you the feeling that if you keep looking, you'll find truth in it...which will eventually fade to the same lowish level that you feel you'll find truth in earthly exploration.

My suggestion is to not think about what would excite you, just try things and see how it feels. Intellectually I didn't think I'd love setting off fireworks because it seemed so infantile...but there is something very primally satifying about hearing big bangs and seeing bright lights that are caused by your own actions.

Maybe your afraid if you do mundane stuff, you'll just be "suckered" into escapism, and never do anything meaningful with your life. No one can tell you how to make your big splash in the world, but I have personally found that clarity increases with going out and being active and trying new things (especially the things I am skeptical about), so I highly recommend it.

If you have trouble finding anything meaningful to do on earth, the rest of the universe isn't going to be much better. Aliens would be entertaining and space is filled with eye candy, but all it can do is give you the feeling that if you keep looking, you'll find truth in it...which will eventually fade to the same lowish level that you feel you'll find truth in earthly exploration.

Unless you go to a planet that is just right for your requirements.

"Earth is boring" and "I cannot be satisfied" are different propositions.

Unless you go to a planet that is just right for your requirements.

"Earth is boring" and "I cannot be satisfied" are different propositions.

Fair enough. They are different propositions, but it can be hard to tell the difference between them when you feel one or the other, and IMHO I think the latter is more common.

I dunno guys...but i kinda agree. I mean...look around us..we do things like robots. If you guys analyze yur own lives, youll see that we do the same things over and overand over and over and over again... Sure, there are some things in life that are worth enjoying, but what are the chances of someone breaking their lonely lifestyle to go for that bungee jump??

if your really bored, and have lots of freetime then i advise staying up for three days straight, and listening to The piper at the gates of dawn by pink floyd over and over again, never done it myself but its an idea, also walking to random places without knowing where your going can be fun, let your imagination go and paint a whole room, escape the canvas.

I'm not searching for any meaning. It's just so annoying that there is a big universe with possible infinite fantasy worlds and nobody cares. If in fact different advance aliens do exist imagine what can be learned from them. Sadly people of earth can't even handle something simple like gay marriage so I can't see you people liking alien contact.

I ask how can any of you be proud of being human? I mean after all our history is pretty much KILL, KILL, KILL, PARTY, PARTY, PARTY, SEX, SEX, SEX !!!

history doesn't define the present. besides whats wrong with sex? if you don't like it your doing it wrong. You need to start appreciating some of the good things in life. like cornflakes, cornflakes rock. its like there's a whole world of taste in a single cornflake i mean how can something so simple taste so good its friggin amazing. i mean there's nothing to a cornflake but corn yet it tastes ike loads of things mixed in. like really whats up with that? damn. i want cornflakes now. I really don't understand why people see them as boring.

I ask how can any of you be proud of being human? I mean after all our history is pretty much KILL, KILL, KILL, PARTY, PARTY, PARTY, SEX, SEX, SEX !!!

And don't forget the "violence"

Blah blah blah got your lovey-dovey sad-and-lonely

Stick your STUPID SLOGAN in:

Everybody sing along.

Babble babble bitch bitch

Rebel rebel party party

Sex sex sex and don't forget the "violence"

Blah blah blah got your lovey-dovey sad-and-lonely

Stick your STUPID SLOGAN in:

Everybody sing,

Are you mother****ers ready

For the new shit?

Stand up and admit,

tomorrow's never coming.

This is the new shit.

Stand up and admit.

Do we get it? No.

Do we want it? Yeah.

This is the new shit,

Stand up and admit.

I'm not searching for any meaning. It's just so annoying that there is a big universe with possible infinite fantasy worlds and nobody cares

We care, there's just not much we can really do about it at the moment...

history doesn't define the present. besides whats wrong with sex? if you don't like it your doing it wrong. You need to start appreciating some of the good things in life. like cornflakes, cornflakes rock. its like there's a whole world of taste in a single cornflake i mean how can something so simple taste so good its friggin amazing. i mean there's nothing to a cornflake but corn yet it tastes ike loads of things mixed in. like really whats up with that? damn. i want cornflakes now. I really don't understand why people see them as boring.

The very actions of the past presents it's self everyday. Mankind just found new ways to kill and control.

We care, there's just not much we can really do about it at the moment...

I'm talking about if humans all together cared then we would of achieved so much. Anyway a very small percentage care about space exploration.

Now does anybody else feel like they are trapped in a underground jail? Big universe with maybe infinite worlds and not many humans care. Every place I go it's always the same boring repeating human activities such as, work, relationships, kids, religion, etc. The real questions I guess I'm here to ask is don't you ever want more? Aren't you sick of just being human?
Are you waiting for someone else to discover the really good activities so you can follow along? That's what got us all into work, relationships, kids, religion, etc.

Most artists who feel the way you do wouldn't be happy with anyone else's world no matter how much anyone else cared about it. You need to make it happen for yourself, make something that's yours, or you're just going to go around knocking everybody else's thang.

Get your own thang. :cool:

First I would like to start out by saying I'm not depressed or stressed so don't go saying I need help. I'm an artist and I don't expect you to see what I see or even feel.Now does anybody else feel like they are trapped in a underground jail?

I understand where you're coming from because I too am an artist.:-(

I don't want to explain it but I feel the same. Things were not as they used to be. I just keep hoping that it can only get better (here on earth).

As other people have said - trying to activate adrenaline may help.

I rarely ever say "I'm bored" because its so negative. It means you've failed at life. Right now - I'm doing exam practice so that keeps me going. And when I have free time again - I'll try to pursue something of interest or even create new interests.

You just have to try new things. The world can seem like a "dystopia" at times but just don't give up. That's the trap.

I've fallen into the trap many times, but I've always found the courage to pull myself out again.

Anyway - thats all I have to say. Keep it up.:)