Gravity as an energy source?

X facter

Thank you!!

thats definitely a clarification for me :) this is the first time I've ever been on a forum/blog...i'll figure it out eventually! lol

i need to pay more attention to context...but i like the idea about gravity propagating the speed of light..., im just starting out in my research, and i appreciate your help.

Gravitation is by far the weakest of the four interactions. Hence it is always ignored when doing particle physics. The weakness of gravity can easily be demonstrated by suspending a pin using a simple magnet (such as a refrigerator magnet). The magnet is able to hold the pin against the gravitational pull of the entire Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_interaction

If gravity does indeed travel at the speed of light as expected, it is interesting to think that if the sun were to suddenly disappear, the earth would continue to orbit around the point where the sun had been for for an additional eight minutes, and the planets would fly off into space one at a time.

thats interesting, never thought of that. do you think they would go spinning off one at a time, of would some of them be drawn to each other, with their respective masses? or continue to orbit the planet with the largest mass closebye? interesting idea!

Caution with variations in the gravity field.

Conservation of mass means that the mass of the Sun won't disappear, so no such effect will propagate.

Conservation of linear momentum implies that a mass won't suddenly move sidewise, so one won't see a dipole gravitation wave neither.

When one mass accelerates in one direction, an other mass does it in the opposite direction. The biggest change that may happen hence be observed is that two masses change their relative distance or positions, for instance if they orbit an other. As a consequence, gravitation waves are at least quadripolar.

As well (don't ask me why, but others here may know) the gravitation field we experience from a travelling mass points to the present position of this mass, not to the position where the mass was one propagation time before. It's the same for the electric field of a charged particle. This is a condition for the orbit stability of planets.

so gravitational fields and electric fields for charged particles have the same models? i'd love to see the math that correlates them, anyone have any idea where to find that? I'l love to see it. :)

and i know the sun would never actually disappear (like you said conservation of mass), but i think the post was a hypothetical situation.

so gravitational fields and electric fields for charged particles have the same models? i'd love to see the math that correlates them, anyone have any idea where to find that? I'l love to see it. smile.png

and i know the sun would never actually disappear (like you said conservation of mass), but i think the post was a hypothetical situation.

Yeah its a pretty natural question that I thought about when I was much younger, In addition to us staying in orbit for a while we would also see the sun as if it were still there for another 8 minutes happy.png

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As one who has played with the attempts to manipuate in a device to use gravitaional forces for over 8 years, as a hobby of course. You have to overcome the same force to lift as what makes the other side drop. LOL To work from this point is only a learning curve at best. To use a combination of other energy sorces to get more out of gravity is a fair direction to go. From my work as a blacksmith gravity use is used even with the simple yet not so simple swing of a hammer. The average person swings a hammer as hard as they can and it supplies X amout of force to the item being hammered. As a smith you learn to manipulate by sertain actions with your arm to hand pivoting mainly from the shoulder and you can create 5 times the amount of force to the item being hammered. Not to mention not getting nearly as tired from the physical work. To look at this from a micancal standpoint or the adition of adding magnitisum in the system to find the extra actions needed to gain advantage to get more out of gravity. Is this possible today? It was reported done in the early 18th century by a many called Bessler and was supported by many as true but there where some that did not support Bessler as the displayed machine did work and passed longanjevity test. but some non supporters even tried to get Bessler to show the inside of his machine without paying for the device in court by calling him a fraud and had false whineses as Bessler was not convitted. The loss is, we don't have his design to see how he did it, nore can we prove he didn't do it either.

So those who feel it can be done have some historic value to say it can.be done.

Yes physics does work. But do we truly know everything about physics? We can only make asumtions on what made Bessler's wheel do work, and how it was done, and we need to ask though. Has Bessler found a loophole in how we understand physics? Below is another statement from Max Plank that leave the posibility open, despite so many failers but how many of those where trying the same approach as the others. There has to be another approach that has not been tried. I tend to look at this quest as it is not always the end result but what you learn on the way.

>>“We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up until now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.”<<

Quote By Max Planck father of Quantum physics 1858 - 1947

Edited by AB Hammer

LOL toy knife? that one is different. I agree that proof for perpetual motion of evidence is only a working device. What gets me it is the same for gain as in "you cant get more than you put into it". So I did a test of a device I made where that when I lifted one attached weight of the device and I carefully released by lifting a finger not pushing it and if it makes a full rotation back over the top there is a gain.Then it made a second round faster than the first. Then it made the third round and the other end the shift failed for it would shift earlier each round.then it rocked till it came to a stop.The point is that the gain should not have happened. The device is a mechanical wheel of death device. I am trying to get some time to finish the new device to correct the problem with to fast of shifting and I will see again. If it works? I will post in on my youtube, forums and take it to LSU for other conformations.

Max Planck's statement is self explanatory and is one of his famous quotes. My argument is we tend to be to fast to say impossible due to the over confidence in our knowledge as we learned it. Take religion for example. how many different religions and they all say they are right. There has never been a perfect man and the writings from man is not perfect but it is the best we have when it come to science.

Look up wheel of death on youtube and you will see some of my inspiration.

• 1 year later...

My idea was actually something along the lines of having some sort of generator that created energy while people walked over it, or something. Maybe build a city over it. I don't know how feasible this is, though.

Look up 'piezo road' on duckduckgo.com (I won't go near Google anymore).

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this has already been posted, but this has been bugging me for a while and a search didn't turn up anything. We keep talking about alternative energy sources everywhere when there is a constant energy around us all the time. What I want to know is, could gravity be used as a feasible source of energy?

it is used as a help for energy in water falls as gpe=Ek so the higher the water starts from the less you will need to push turbines or more energy produced for same amount of water.

But we know physics works, so we can have a great degree of confidence that he did not build a perpetual motion/over-unity device.

http://www.livescience.com/50383-lhc-atom-smasher-restarts.html I know what ur saying but the link takes you to the atom splitting machine which is real and if it works can destroy the universe as it creates another big bang.

http://www.livescience.com/50383-lhc-atom-smasher-restarts.html I know what ur saying but the link takes you to the atom splitting machine which is real and if it works can destroy the universe as it creates another big bang.

It does work (it has been running for several years (*)). And it cannot create another big bang.

(*) Ever since the financial crash of 2008. Maybe it caused that.

Edited by Strange