Gravity as an energy source?

X facter

GRAVITY TO ELECTRICAL GENERATION?

PRETTY SIMPLE...PICTURE A BOAT BOBBING OVER THE WAVES IN AN OCEAN..

PICTURE THIS SAME BOAT BOBBING OVER THE WAVES IN AN OCEAN WITH A STRONG WIND.

NOW USE THIS ENERGY...STYROFOAM FLOAT AFFIXED TO A POLE HELD IN PLACE BY BURYING IT IN CONCRETE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN, LAKE ETC...

OR SOMETHING SIMILAR LIKE AN AIR FILLED BALL, THAT CAN SLIDE UP AND DOWN THE POLE...A LARGE BALL, HEAVY YET FLOATS, CONNECTED TO AN ARM MAYBE, LIKE A ROCKER ARM IN AN ENGINE THAT DRIVES THE GENERATOR...

VERY MUCH THE SAME MECHANICALS THAT ARE USUED FOR OIL FIELD PUMPS..

WELL? CAN IT WORK..

WOULD LIKE TO HEAR BACK FROM THE EDUCATED ENGINEERS OUT THERE..

Great news!

I did some work into making water and gravity work together,

And I came up with this idea that shall work!

I took a big can (100 gallons) and I put a air compressor piston on top of it and attached 2 pipes to it so when the can is in top of the water a valve will open one pipe and let the water inn until its going down under the water about 50 feet and then the valve is closing and the other pipe is opening letting in air from a small compressor to fill up the can then the can starts to float on pushes up the air piston to compress air and the air then rotates a small generator and producing energy!

It worked and there was some more energy than what the small compressor needed!

There are more details into it but this is the basic! And I who’d like to hear what others are saying to it!

Great news!

I took a big can (100 gallons) and I put a air compressor piston on top of it and attached 2 pipes to it so when the can is in top of the water a valve will open one pipe and let the water inn until its going down under the water about 50 feet and then the valve is closing and the other pipe is opening letting in air from a small compressor to fill up the can then the can starts to float on pushes up the air piston to compress air and the air then rotates a small generator and producing energy!

There are more details into it but this is the basic! And I who’d like to hear what others are saying to it!

You worked it out wrong, it used more energy than you extracted.

Gravity is megapower energy source, Gravity energy is continue same level, naturally & free energy.

gravity energy is better than wind, water & solar. machanical energy can get from gravity energy machine. lot of electricity can get from machanical energy. No support of magnetic power.

If help me any research centre i can make gravity energy machine succesfully.

If you just built it you could make millions so just get on with it and prove everyone wrong.

You worked it out wrong, it used more energy than you extracted.

If you just built it you could make millions so just get on with it and prove everyone wrong.

i am still in middle of working on it but it looks like that there is more energy then it uses, but it will take me a wile to prove it for sure.

i am still in middle of working on it but it looks like that there is more energy then it uses, but it will take me a wile to prove it for sure.

i add some more things to it then i write so thats why i will still need to improve it

one think what i did i add a motor to pull down the can becuse the can was from a very easy matel and it didnt go down fast so i used some more power

also i add some more controls to it

but i will keep you posted on the updates

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great news!

I think you can check many ideas related to ocean waves and devices very similar to what was exposed here at: http://www.engitek.com/ocean-waves-energy-reciprocal-generators.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this has already been posted, but this has been bugging me for a while and a search didn't turn up anything. We keep talking about alternative energy sources everywhere when there is a constant energy around us all the time. What I want to know is, could gravity be used as a feasible source of energy?

I didn't read anything anyones already said but:

I saw a factory that makes cars, the engine block comes down a ramp, it lands on a trolley, this trolley has a spring that is unwound and a conveyer belt on it, the potential energy from the engine block forces it forward, and the engine block rolls onto the main conveyer belt. The spring is then coiled and the trolley returns to its original position.

As for energy from gravity, look at hydroelectric dams. If ur looking for perpertual motion.... well the hydro cycle drives that in this case, and the sun is the energy source. In the case of the trolley, the friction of the spring winding is over powered by the potential energy given to it by the engine block, which was lifted to that height at some stage, or the completed product will have to be lifted out.

GRAVITY TO ELECTRICAL GENERATION?

PRETTY SIMPLE...PICTURE A BOAT BOBBING OVER THE WAVES IN AN OCEAN..

PICTURE THIS SAME BOAT BOBBING OVER THE WAVES IN AN OCEAN WITH A STRONG WIND.

NOW USE THIS ENERGY...STYROFOAM FLOAT AFFIXED TO A POLE HELD IN PLACE BY BURYING IT IN CONCRETE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN, LAKE ETC...

OR SOMETHING SIMILAR LIKE AN AIR FILLED BALL, THAT CAN SLIDE UP AND DOWN THE POLE...A LARGE BALL, HEAVY YET FLOATS, CONNECTED TO AN ARM MAYBE, LIKE A ROCKER ARM IN AN ENGINE THAT DRIVES THE GENERATOR...

VERY MUCH THE SAME MECHANICALS THAT ARE USUED FOR OIL FIELD PUMPS..

WELL? CAN IT WORK..

WOULD LIKE TO HEAR BACK FROM THE EDUCATED ENGINEERS OUT THERE..

YES TIDAL ENERGY IS GENERATED BY THE MOON AS IT ORBITS THE EARTH. YOU COULD TAP IT!

To be honest I think that the approaches to this have become over complicated. I thought of an extremely simple solution that only uses a large tub some piping and a water wheel b4xa38.png

Unless u apply a force(energy) to the top nozzel, the water level will remain constant: its not going to flow out of the top. Have u ever used a U bend to level a surface?

Edited by Sorcerer

Sorry if this has already been posted, but this has been bugging me for a while and a search didn't turn up anything. We keep talking about alternative energy sources everywhere when there is a constant energy around us all the time. What I want to know is, could gravity be used as a feasible source of energy?

We already tap energy from gravity - hydroelectrcity

Looks like a mythical perpetual motion machine to me.

In actual fact your device would make a rather unwieldy spirit level. The water in the reservoir would flow through your tube until the level in both the tube and the reservoir would be equal.

The only way water would flow out of the end of the tube is if it was below the water level in the reservoir.

To be honest I think that the approaches to this have become over complicated. I thought of an extremely simple solution that only uses a large tub some piping and a water wheel b4xa38.png

Edited by Greg Boyles

Not necessarily. Just because the water flows up doesn't mean it actually does anything once it gets there. If it's a continuous flow, OK, it's interesting. But if the liquid simply fills in the groove in a manner similar to wetting action (what the article implies) then there isn't any energy to be extracted.

If it can be made to fall onto a water wheel before going back to where it started surely energy can be extracted.

Admitedley the amount of water would be quite small so this would limit the size and speed of the wheel and therefore the energy output, but I'm sure a working model could be built

Interesting reading, what if the capillary action was used to draw the water up a slope and the down the other side (not as low as where it started), and then pool up until it poured over the edge onto the water wheel?

Or, use ferrofluid - capillary action draws it upward and a magnet encourages it to form droplets and fall back down?

Sorry to be so persistent with P-motion all the time, I just dont like the idea that it can't be done (it's my pet peeve)

• 1 month later...

Graviton by Gravtronics (Gravtronics was registeredin Sydney, NSW Australia in 1992

Basics:

We should all know that a scale will always tip at the end with greatest weight:

M1 <------------ spindle ----------> M2 (note M refers to mass, and spindle is at the centre.)

What about this one:

M1

I

I

I

spindle

I

I

I

M2

Note for M1 to be at the top means M2 > M1.

Nothing will change so long as M2 is greater than M2, but what happens if we could change that? M1 would become greater than M2, and M2 will fall, and in doing so will turn the spindle (do work).

What if the spindle was a shaft that was attached to generator, and we created a situation that every time one mass (M1 or M2) fell to the bottom, it would also change the mass of that at the top?

Add a third mass, a floater, and note M1 = M2. As one mass falls, it moves the floater making the opposite total mass greater. That is the trick, making it top heavy.

That is,

M1 = M2

M3 < M1/M2

M1 + M3 > M2

M2 + M3 > M1

Note when M1/M2 fall, M3 (floater) is moved inopposite direction making the scale top heavy.

PS Note: With regard previous post, I should mention how I knew about Gravtronics. I was Gravtronics. Confirmation can be acquired by accessing the Sydney Business registry office.

I joined today, solely because I saw this thread. I am a bit nervous about sharing my blueprint about how to transform gravity into electrical energy. I have a master design, and then the prototype design (which came afterwards to explain the master design.) I have discussed this idea with only a few select, and they agree that there is no problem with it. The reason why, is because I made it absolutely simple just so that people couldn't find a fault. The prototype design, only has 3 parts to it. I want to share this idea, but I've been warned to keep my financial hand in this.

This isn't a magnet motor either, nothing but weight and gravity. Promise.

Graviton by Gravtronics (Gravtronics was registeredin Sydney, NSW Australia in 1992

Basics:

We should all know that a scale will always tip at the end with greatest weight:

M1 <------------ spindle ----------> M2 (note M refers to mass, and spindle is at the centre.)

What about this one:

M1

I

I

I

spindle

I

I

I

M2

Note for M1 to be at the top means M2 > M1.

Nothing will change so long as M2 is greater than M2, but what happens if we could change that? M1 would become greater than M2, and M2 will fall, and in doing so will turn the spindle (do work).

What if the spindle was a shaft that was attached to generator, and we created a situation that every time one mass (M1 or M2) fell to the bottom, it would also change the mass of that at the top?

Add a third mass, a floater, and note M1 = M2. As one mass falls, it moves the floater making the opposite total mass greater. That is the trick, making it top heavy.

That is,

M1 = M2

M3 < M1/M2

M1 + M3 > M2

M2 + M3 > M1

Note when M1/M2 fall, M3 (floater) is moved inopposite direction making the scale top heavy.

PS Note: With regard previous post, I should mention how I knew about Gravtronics. I was Gravtronics. Confirmation can be acquired by accessing the Sydney Business registry office.

You would expend more energy moving m3 up than you could extract from the system.

I joined today, solely because I saw this thread. I am a bit nervous about sharing my blueprint about how to transform gravity into electrical energy. I have a master design, and then the prototype design (which came afterwards to explain the master design.) I have discussed this idea with only a few select, and they agree that there is no problem with it. The reason why, is because I made it absolutely simple just so that people couldn't find a fault. The prototype design, only has 3 parts to it. I want to share this idea, but I've been warned to keep my financial hand in this.

This isn't a magnet motor either, nothing but weight and gravity. Promise.

How about starting with a basic explanation like the post before yours. The thing with gravity energy sources is you need to always consider how you got the mass to the top of the hill. With hydroelectric the sun does that so there is no human input energy, but the extracted energy is still less than the energy put into the system.

There are natural gravity engines that already exist. natural satellites that orbit a large planet in relational orbits where the inner moons are pulled by the planet and the outer moons are heated internally by the gravitational compression and exhibit internal heat escaping at water fountains or sulfur volcanoes. You could easily tap into the heat with geo-thermal plants to make power in many forms. Using the heat to make electricity or turn turbines for grinding or milling operations.

Gravity engines are not anything new it is just difficult to build an artificial one.

There are natural gravity engines that already exist. natural satellites that orbit a large planet in relational orbits where the inner moons are pulled by the planet and the outer moons are heated internally by the gravitational compression and exhibit internal heat escaping at water fountains or sulfur volcanoes. You could easily tap into the heat with geo-thermal plants to make power in many forms. Using the heat to make electricity or turn turbines for grinding or milling operations.

Gravity engines are not anything new it is just difficult to build an artificial one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_power

A little more accessible than moons around other planets.

toss this around..can you split the load of somthing to roll forward and backward. now catch the force of the wheels pulling each way with a mechanical device(chain,driveshaft or somthing) you say what does this gain you? how much power now does it take to move this by adding power to the mechanical device? you are now no longer moving this load by overcoming gravity's pull, you are moving it by breaking the balance of forwardd and backward forces.

• 6 months later...

First post ! I found this topic so interesting that I had to create an account : ) . How about a large coil designed to stay in orbit around the earth and a magnet traveling or "falling" in orbit through the center. Fun idea i thought but too many problems: Too much work and impractical getting the PE back to Earth and not to mention the work required to get the equipment out there and installed in the first place. It is necessary, of course, for the magnet to be moving faster than the coil. Random Question: Does anyone feel like we are missing a fundamental law relating gravity and something else ! ? Old topic but I think it's great. Lets keep it going ! My name is William, by the way, from Dallas, Texas.