Where Are The Seekers Of Truth.

disobey

Being a science forum, I would think that there are educated people around here.  Being that, in theory, there should be people around here who are interested in the truth.  "IF" you are one of those people, this isn't the forum to get it.  From what I see, this forum is as much about censorship as most other forums out there are.  Your utter and complete ignorance outside the realm of science seems to be what this forum is all about.  If you don't have the freedom to think, then you are just a slave.  If these things don't set well with you, I will tell you one of the things that your masters probably won't allow me to say to you.  After all, my username is Disobey.  Come and seek me out at a forum where you have the freedom to think.  (At least to a greater degree than I have found at most forums)  It is called the Freethought Forum.  My username is the same there.  I will tell you that which you aren't allowed to hear.

5 hours ago, disobey said:

From what I see, this forum is as much about censorship as most other forums out there are.

From what I see, none your post was put to the Trash Can, so what kind of censorship are you talking about.. ?

Your utter and complete ignorance outside the realm of science seems to be what this forum is all about. 

What does spreading senseless hatred of people of another race have to do with science.. ?

14 hours ago, disobey said:

Being a science forum, I would think that there are educated people around here.  Being that, in theory, there should be people around here who are interested in the truth.

Where did you get the idea that science seeks "truth"? You claim to be super knowledgeable, but you don't understand how subjective "truth" can be? It's a BIG RED FLAG whenever someone comes here with their own personal "truths" and tries to claim they're being scientific.

Science is interested in the best supported explanations for various phenomena. These are called theories, and they're the strongest arguments science makes.

17 hours ago, disobey said:

I will tell you one of the things that your masters probably won't allow me to say to you. 

Ooh!
I have a "master".
That's remarkable.

17 hours ago, disobey said:

From what I see, this forum is as much about censorship as most other forums out there are. 

So... "as much about censorship ..."
That's probably true.
This form is, to a vanishingly small degree, about censorship, and I imagine that's true of lots of other fora which also have other topics to focus on.
You are not being censored here.
We don't have any authority to do so.
Much as we may wish to, we can not stop you spouting nonsense on the web (or in your local high street if you wish).

But we can stop you wasting our time and bandwidth.

21 hours ago, TheVat said:

Zzzzzz.

Ah, flippancy.  From what I have found, it is the go-to tool used by the happily ignorant.  What are you even doing at a science forum.  Let alone in the philosophy section.

19 hours ago, npts2020 said:

Read below. Vaclav Havel was a very smart man.

Not as smart as me.  If I was allowed to say what I wanted, this forum could be completely occupied by Nobel Laureates and it would do them no good in debating against me.  In the subjects I would bring up, I would show whatever diplomas they have to be about as useful as toilet paper.  Also, I spoke of a forum where I could back up my claims.  As your quote shows, the members here choose the run away approach.  Only fools run away from the truth.  Then, there are people like these.

image.jpeg.68f0d98e65a41facbb894932f0c523b7.jpeg

18 minutes ago, disobey said:

Not as smart as me.  If I was allowed to say what I wanted, this forum could be completely occupied by Nobel Laureates and it would do them no good in debating against me.  In the subjects I would bring up, I would show whatever diplomas they have to be about as useful as toilet paper.  Also, I spoke of a forum where I could back up my claims.  As your quote shows, the members here choose the run away approach.  Only fools run away from the truth.

This sounds like more blogging. This is a discussion forum. Are you going to engage in this conversation, or just blog about the monologue you want to deliver? It's pretty clear that despite being such a smart person, you have a flawed foundational science education. That's not uncommon when a country doesn't put enough funding towards schools, but it's not an obstacle you can't overcome.

17 hours ago, Sensei said:

From what I see, none your post was put to the Trash Can, so what kind of censorship are you talking about.. ?

What does spreading senseless hatred of people of another race have to do with science.. ?

1.  Go to my thread, "The hell of logic."  Look at the second reply by a mod.

2.  "Hate" isn't senseless.  It is the very crux of survival.  You could also call it a moral DUTY!  To be otherwise is the pinnacle of EEEEVILLLLLLL!!!!!!  How does it feel to know that satan should be taking lessons in evil from YOU and others like you.  Don't believe it?  I told of a forum here where the truth could be spoken.  From checking in there today, I see that nobody here went there.  Apparently nobody wants their fiendish evil exposed.  Also, I am reminded of an old truism.  "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

8 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Where did you get the idea that science seeks "truth"? You claim to be super knowledgeable, but you don't understand how subjective "truth" can be? It's a BIG RED FLAG whenever someone comes here with their own personal "truths" and tries to claim they're being scientific.

Science is interested in the best supported explanations for various phenomena. These are called theories, and they're the strongest arguments science makes.

I hate to point out the obvious to you, but science is all about the truth.  Knowing what the real truth is is the whole reason behind the scientific method.  Also, are you claiming that science is all about lies?  Next, the truth isn't "subjective."  It is what it is.  Just as 1+1=2 isn't subjective.  Neither is it a theory.  It is the truth.

6 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

Ooh!
I have a "master".
That's remarkable.

So... "as much about censorship ..."
That's probably true.
This form is, to a vanishingly small degree, about censorship, and I imagine that's true of lots of other fora which also have other topics to focus on.
You are not being censored here.
We don't have any authority to do so.
Much as we may wish to, we can not stop you spouting nonsense on the web (or in your local high street if you wish).

But we can stop you wasting our time and bandwidth.

Yes, you do have a master.  Or masters.  For example, ever see the movie my avatar image came from?  It is a parable about actual "people."  And, "They Live!"  As to the rest, it is nonsense.

12 minutes ago, disobey said:

I hate to point out the obvious to you, but science is all about the truth.

Which truth? Whose truth?

13 minutes ago, disobey said:

Knowing what the real truth is is the whole reason behind the scientific method.

Ah, the REAL truth! Don't be absurd, truth is defined by the person speaking. The whole reason behind the scientific method is to remove subjectivity from our observations and measurements. Again, science is looking for the explanations that have the most evidence for them. 

So, having been corrected, does this change your personal outlook on the "truth"?

23 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Ah, Mr Dunning-Kruger, how the devil are you?

Ah again.  Insults from intellectual and moral worms.  How very interesting.  But in my thread here, I spoke of a forum where I am basically free to back up anything I have to say.  I see that you along with anybody else around here hasn't gone there to basically put your money where your mouth is.

23 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

This sounds like more blogging. This is a discussion forum. Are you going to engage in this conversation, or just blog about the monologue you want to deliver? It's pretty clear that despite being such a smart person, you have a flawed foundational science education. That's not uncommon when a country doesn't put enough funding towards schools, but it's not an obstacle you can't overcome.

My thread wasn't a blog.  It was a statement of fact.  Where it goes from there is beyond my control.  Though I have had other threads elsewhere that were steered in different directions by those who replied.  Sometimes that has led to my thread being closed down to debate.  For going too far off topic.  Could it be that is what you are all up to here?

13 minutes ago, TheVat said:

I completely agree with this.

Yeah.  For the wrong reasons.  In the future, should you reply again, this thread is about looking for those who seek the truth.  Not about looking for those who seek affirmations for their delusions.

13 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Which truth? Whose truth?

Ah, the REAL truth! Don't be absurd, truth is defined by the person speaking. The whole reason behind the scientific method is to remove subjectivity from our observations and measurements. Again, science is looking for the explanations that have the most evidence for them. 

So, having been corrected, does this change your personal outlook on the "truth"?

There is no "which truth."  Or, "whose truth."  The truth is a thing unto itself.  It is either true or it isn't.  Also, if you want to muddy up the waters more, might I suggest that you delve into the basic nature of reality?  From there you can go into the world of the quantum or the paranormal.  But the truth I speak of is far less complicated and obvious that any of that sort of stuff.

1 hour ago, disobey said:

1.  Go to my thread, "The hell of logic."  Look at the second reply by a mod.

2.  "Hate" isn't senseless.  It is the very crux of survival.  You could also call it a moral DUTY!  To be otherwise is the pinnacle of EEEEVILLLLLLL!!!!!!  How does it feel to know that satan should be taking lessons in evil from YOU and others like you.  Don't believe it?  I told of a forum here where the truth could be spoken.  From checking in there today, I see that nobody here went there.  Apparently nobody wants their fiendish evil exposed.  Also, I am reminded of an old truism.  "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

I hate to point out the obvious to you, but science is all about the truth.  Knowing what the real truth is is the whole reason behind the scientific method.  Also, are you claiming that science is all about lies?  Next, the truth isn't "subjective."  It is what it is.  Just as 1+1=2 isn't subjective.  Neither is it a theory.  It is the truth.

In scientific theories, all “truth” is provisional. Science deals in predictive models, not absolute truth.

The truth is a thing unto itself.

I think it's more like energy, which is NOT a thing unto itself, but rather a property of a system. But I don't trust your "truth" because I've seen no evidence for it. I don't know you, you sound like an arrogant asswipe of a person (not that you actually are, you just come off like one), and you can't muster the courtesy to discuss this with anyone here. You just keep blogging with your fingers in your ears. You're boring!

On 8/4/2023 at 12:15 AM, disobey said:

Come and seek me out at a forum where...

This bit reminds me of something.
About 30 years ago I used to live in London and, from time to time, in the pubs I would meet American tourists who explained to me at  length how much better America was than the UK. To be fair, it wasn't only Americans- some of the Aussies were just as bad. And, of course, it was only ever a small minority.

I'd wait for them to finish their rant and then politely offer to pay for their ticket to the airport so they could go back.

They never took me up on it.

Here's your ticket back to your forum where you are happy. Would you like directions and/ or help with your packing?

image.png.625ed33feb38cc391f3c3d9372d58078.png

Edited by John Cuthber

58 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

This bit reminds me of something.
About 30 years ago I used to live in London and, from time to time, in the pubs I would meet American tourists who explained to me at  length how much better America was than the UK. To be fair, it wasn't only Americans- some of the Aussies were just as bad. And, of course, it was only ever a small minority.

I'd wait for them to finish their rant and then politely offer to pay for their ticket to the airport so they could go back.

They never took me up on it.

Here's your ticket back to your forum where you are happy. Would you like directions and/ or help with your packing?

image.png.625ed33feb38cc391f3c3d9372d58078.png

Perhaps it should rather read: "Admit a right one."......... 

On 8/4/2023 at 5:54 PM, disobey said:

If I was allowed to say what I wanted,

Near as I can tell, you haven't been stopped from saying anything (or even going on saying nothing other than how you aren't allowed to say anything). In this forum, however, you are expected to make a topic, discuss it, and back up whatever you DO say with things like maths and/or experimental evidence.