Can you distinguish between a British, Australian and American?

kenny1999

1 hour ago, MigL said:

But none of that tasteless British stuff you guys call food.

That's why we have proper mustard and we at least popularised and possibly invented invented the chicken tikka masala.
It's pretty clear that we invented this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phall

Edited by John Cuthber

2 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

That's why we have proper mustard and we at least popularised and possibly invented invented the chicken tikka masala.

Beware that British tendency to claim credit for things they didn't invent.  (we Yanks have a similar tendency)

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/leisure/article/3022868/fact-check-chicken-tikka-masala-actually-indian-not-british

"Chicken tikka masala is an Indian dish, even though it’s mostly popular in the Western world. The ingredients and techniques used for cooking the dish all originated from Indian cuisine,” says Sharma.

I suspect the genesis of phall is similar, i.e. derived from vindaloos that were developed in the Indian state of Goa.

In any case, no need to defend bland cooking, Britain.  Sometimes bland can be quite tasty.  I myself am fond of pease porridge, a simple tasty dish my Yorkie ancestors enjoyed.

On 3/26/2023 at 6:51 PM, TheVat said:

Beware that British tendency to claim credit for things they didn't invent.  (we Yanks have a similar tendency)

Your evidence seems to be the word of a man in China who, I suspect,  wasn't born at the time.
And your case is something which I already said 

On 3/26/2023 at 4:37 PM, John Cuthber said:

possibly invented invented the chicken tikka masala.

On 3/26/2023 at 6:51 PM, TheVat said:

I suspect the genesis of phall is similar, i.e. derived from vindaloo

You may suspect that , but the facts don't tally.
You won't often see pork in a Phall., unlike the traditional vindaloo.

Edited by John Cuthber

Not quite as per thread title but it does illustrate some differences ...

An American, a Brit and an Italian each borrow $3000 from their Jewish friend to finance a car purchase.
Before they have a chance to pay it back, their Jewish friend has a heart attack and dies.
At the funeral visitation, the American takes out $3000 and places it in the casket with his dead friend's body.
The Brit comes in takes out $3000 and also places it in his Jewish friend's casket, saying "Thank you".
The Italian comes in, takes out his check book, writes out a check for $9000, places it in the casket, and takes the $6000 in cash left by the American and the Brit.

Edited by MigL