I have been around literally forever.

JohnPBailey

I believe in reincarnation. Forever is much too long to experience but one short terminal  infinitesimally small conscious existence in the vast sea of everything, known and unknown. My eternal and immortal soul cannot be made nor destroyed much like space, space-time, gravity, energy, time and matter. In 1964, this soul that is the ever me found a new living male human body to posssess. This occured on planet Earth in the Milky Way galaxy. Mother Nature and Father TIme have already been in existence forever like my own soul. Time extends infinitely into the past as it does the future. I have forever yet to come. I'm very disappointed in Mother Nature and Father Time. They have been piddling around in the universe literally forever and this pissy little planet Earth and the far-from-perfect human race is the best they can do for all of evolution. Forever has already come to pass and there's still this crappy world in 2022 AD. There are children dying of starvation. There is cancer. There is war. There is hate. There is disease. There is squalor. There is poverty. There is politics. There is childish, fairy-tale, evil, fear-mongering and hate-spawning religion. There is ignorance. There is greed. There is crime. There is apathy. There is laziness. There are evil governments. There is self-pity. There are lies. There is cheating. There is jealousy. There is famine. There is pain. There is suffering among living things. There is drought. There are earthquakes. There is inclement weather. There is pollution. We have not yet traveled in the flesh to a celestial body farther away than our piddly little moon. The human race is a pure dinosaur for lack of advancement. I really think it is on the verge of extinction. I hope Mother Nature and Father Time do much better in creating the intelligent life that follows the death of man. I hope I'm not doomed to forever keep returning to such horrid and imperfect worlds as this. Come on Mother Nature and Father Time, stop being so damned slow in making perfection. Hurry up and create a natural utopia and put my soul upon the cosmic express bus there to live there forever. Please make sure there are beautful living intelligent beings there in the likeness of human form and there are beautiful animals there like black German shepherd dogs. I don't want to look like a monster out of a sci-fi movie in some future lifetime. Make sure love, peace, kindness, joy, sharing, caring, selflessness, truth and wisdom abound on this future planet Utopia. This is my wish and prayer to the gods of the universe: Mother Nature and Father Time. This is my dream for my eternal soul. Forever. Do you undertand what that word really means? Our souls are surely in it for the long haul. 

Edited by JohnPBailey

8 minutes ago, JohnPBailey said:

I believe in reincarnation. My eternal and immortal soul cannot be made nor destroyed much like space, space-time, gravity, energy, time and matter. In 1964, this soul that is the ever me found a new living male human body to posssess. This occured on planet Earth in the Milky Way galaxy. Mother Nature and Father TIme have already been in existence forever like my own soul. Time extends infinitely into the past as it does the future. I have forever yet to come. I'm very disappointed in Mother Nature and Father Time. They have been piddling around in the universe literally forever and this pissy little planet Earth and the far-from-perfect human race is the best they can do for all of evolution. Forever has already come to pass and there's still this crappy world in 2022 AD. There are children dying of starvation. There is cancer. There is war. There is hate. There is disease. There is poverty. There is politics. There is religion. There is ignorance. There is greed. There is crime. There is apathy. There is laziness. There are evil governments. There is self-pity. There are lies. There is cheating. There is jealousy. There is famine. There is pain. There is suffering among living things. There is drought. There are earthquakes. There is inclement weather. There is pollution. We have not yet traveled in the flesh to a celestial body farther away than our piddly little moon. The human race is a pure dinosaur for lack of advancement. I really think it is on the verge of extinction. I hope Mother Nature and Father Time do much better in creating the intelligent life that follows the death of man. I hope I'm not doomed to forever keep returning to such horrid and imperfect worlds as this. Come on Mother Nature and Father Time, stop being so damned slow in making perfection. 

I don't believe in reincarnation and in "eternal and immortal soul [that] cannot be made nor destroyed." Not sure about "space, space-time, gravity, energy, time", but matter certainly can be made and destroyed. I don't know if "Nature and TIme have already been in existence forever", if "Time extends infinitely into the past as it does the future" and if "little planet Earth and the far-from-perfect human race is the best they can do for all of evolution." The world is not "crappy", and the quoted list is cherry-picked.  

Genady, what do you believe will happen to you when you die? Is the hereafter totally ruled out as a mere possibilty for you? The cherry-picked list is all the troubles of this world I can imagine. Please add any earthly troubles that I missed. 

Edited by JohnPBailey

4 minutes ago, JohnPBailey said:

Genady, what do you believe will happen to you when you die? Is the hereafter totally ruled out as a mere possibilty for you? The cherry-picked list is all the troubles of this world I can imagine. Please add any earthly troubles that I missed. 

After I die my body will go through well-known physical processes. The hereafter is not ruled out as a possibility, I just don't think it is an actuality. The cherry-picked list omits many good and happy things this world has.

3 hours ago, JohnPBailey said:

I believe in reincarnation. Forever is much too long to experience but one short terminal  infinitesimally small conscious existence in the vast sea of everything, known and unknown. My eternal and immortal soul cannot be made nor destroyed much like space, space-time, gravity, energy, time and matter. In 1964, this soul that is the ever me found a new living male human body to posssess. This occured on planet Earth in the Milky Way galaxy. Mother Nature and Father TIme have already been in existence forever like my own soul. Time extends infinitely into the past as it does the future. I have forever yet to come. I'm very disappointed in Mother Nature and Father Time. They have been piddling around in the universe literally forever and this pissy little planet Earth and the far-from-perfect human race is the best they can do for all of evolution. Forever has already come to pass and there's still this crappy world in 2022 AD. There are children dying of starvation. There is cancer. There is war. There is hate. There is disease. There is squalor. There is poverty. There is politics. There is childish, fairy-tale, evil, fear-mongering and hate-spawning religion. There is ignorance. There is greed. There is crime. There is apathy. There is laziness. There are evil governments. There is self-pity. There are lies. There is cheating. There is jealousy. There is famine. There is pain. There is suffering among living things. There is drought. There are earthquakes. There is inclement weather. There is pollution. We have not yet traveled in the flesh to a celestial body farther away than our piddly little moon. The human race is a pure dinosaur for lack of advancement. I really think it is on the verge of extinction. I hope Mother Nature and Father Time do much better in creating the intelligent life that follows the death of man. I hope I'm not doomed to forever keep returning to such horrid and imperfect worlds as this. Come on Mother Nature and Father Time, stop being so damned slow in making perfection. Hurry up and create a natural utopia and put my soul upon the cosmic express bus there to live there forever. Please make sure there are beautful living intelligent beings there in the likeness of human form and there are beautiful animals there like black German shepherd dogs. I don't want to look like a monster out of a sci-fi movie in some future lifetime. Make sure love, peace, kindness, joy, sharing, caring, selflessness, truth and wisdom abound on this future planet Utopia. This is my wish and prayer to the gods of the universe: Mother Nature and Father Time. This is my dream for my eternal soul. Forever. Do you undertand what that word really means? Our souls are surely in it for the long haul. 

Do you remember any of your previous incarnation's?

How can you know the pleasure of food, if you've never been hungry?

Utopia literally mean's no place.

A utopia (/juːˈtoʊpiə/ yoo-TOH-pee-ə) typically describes an imaginary community or society that possesses highly desirable or nearly perfect qualities for its members.[1] It was coined by Sir Thomas More for his 1516 book Utopia, describing a fictional island society in the New World. However, it may also denote an intentional community. In common parlance, the word or its adjectival form may be used synonymously with "impossible", "far-fetched" or "deluded".

This crappy world and your life time, contains everything you need to be content enough to wait for an enjoyable moment, it's up to you recognise and value those moment's, it certainly won't come after you die.

Why don't I remember past lives? Simply, put the soul, though conscious of the ever present, possesses no memory. Memory is only a process of the living human brain and that is mortal so all terminal life experiences in a physical body are forever lost at death. 

Who, what human mortal, here dares say what will or will not happen when I die? The bottom line is I don't know for fact. I don't think any of you know for a fact. Consciousness will either follow my physical death or it won't. I have the notion that I will be most likely aware after I die at some future time or another. Something has to happen to the mind and soul (or spirit) after death. We all know the human body resorts to worm food, but without any conscious thought in the hereafter, my future done-for body shall mean nothing to me. 

Yes, I do indeed only live once, but eternally so. When one has an immortal soul, an eternal life, who needs more than one life anyway? A succession of reincarnated living bodies are not so much as a series of multiple lives as they are a series of clothing changes. I have but one life but it is an ever-lasting life. It is my living and aware soul which is the "one and only me for all of time". 

I once asked what my soul was to a church minister. He said to me, "YOU are the soul." That is a simple but very profound and true statement. Who are all you here? YOU are all souls. 

Edited by JohnPBailey

2 hours ago, JohnPBailey said:

Why don't I remember past lives? Simply, put the soul, though conscious of the ever present, possesses no memory. Memory is only a process of the living human brain and that is mortal so all terminal life experiences in a physical body are forever lost at death. 

Then it has no impact on who you are, your soul is therefore nothing more than one of the atoms you'll lose tomorrow, while you live on...

2 hours ago, JohnPBailey said:

I once asked what my soul was to a church minister. He said to me, "YOU are the soul." That is a simple but very profound and true statement. 

Which is fendamentally true, the soul is just a different word for the self; if you think about it from a religious perspective, then heaven can only be found here, in this crappy world, when your 'self' is dead and you can't remember, then what's the point of heaven?

Just now, JohnPBailey said:

Please add any earthly troubles that I missed. 

Long winded posts that jumble ideas together without separating into paragraphs, that talk about subjective concepts with no objective evidence, on a science forum of all places, and that no one bothers reading.

Generally, a waste of everyone's time; seems very troubling to me.

I believe my conscious self will live on forever regardless of whatever physical form I take. If I'm a dog in some other suit (living body) worn by my soul, I will be aware of myself as a dog. I could be a woman someday too. I probably should not even worry about what happens when I die. Only time will tell. What will be, will be. 

11 minutes ago, MigL said:

Long winded posts that jumble ideas together without separating into paragraphs, that talk about subjective concepts with no objective evidence, on a science forum of all places, and that no one bothers reading.

Generally, a waste of everyone's time; seems very troubling to me.

This is a philosophy forum, actually. I never said I was a master writer. I'm here brainstorming. I'm just trying to throw out what is on my mind. Most humans naturally consider the possibility of an afterlife. If there is 'another life' waiting for me, I can only hope it beats this one. Scientists should be open minded enough to consider the possibilty of a hereafter. Did you know some medical doctors are even religious persons? Nobody is twisting your arm here to repsond or read what is here. That's all.

That said, MigL, how do you feel this morning? 

Edited by JohnPBailey

8 minutes ago, JohnPBailey said:

That said, MigL, how do you feel this morning? 

Just wonderful !

And at least what I posted can be backed up with evidence; can your post do the same ?
This is Philosophy, but on a science forum.
Everything should be backed by evidence or logically consistent arguments.

10 minutes ago, JohnPBailey said:

I believe my conscious self will live on forever regardless of whatever physical form I take. If I'm a dog in some other suit (living body) worn by my soul, I will be aware of myself as a dog. I could be a woman someday too. I probably should not even worry about what happens when I die. Only time will tell. What will be, will be. 

Have you witnessed a less crappy world?

20 minutes ago, MigL said:

Just wonderful !

And at least what I posted can be backed up with evidence; can your post do the same ?
This is Philosophy, but on a science forum.
Everything should be backed by evidence or logically consistent arguments.

Humans don't know, think or perceive everything as facts. Sometimes even wild human notions are tested and proven to be true. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, 𝓔𝓵𝓮𝓷𝓲𝓮𝓵 said:

It's an interesting thought. To think that the soul has been around within the Universe for an eternity - does that then mean an infinite regress?

It means we have to believe in something that we can't possibly know.

It's also a metaphor, to teach the value of a concept like karma/heaven.