Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I am beginning to hear rumors of how 5G technology in cell phones and other tech will result in all sorts of death and destruction or at least kill off birds or may just give your ears a suntan. 

Is there any truth to these rumors? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seriously doubt they would release 5G if it was dangerous. There has been people living off the wifi is dangerous bandwagon for years. Buy product x to protect you from wifi. If you are worried about it just use ethernet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Moontanman said:

I am beginning to hear rumors of how 5G technology in cell phones and other tech will result in all sorts of death and destruction or at least kill off birds or may just give your ears a suntan. 

Is there any truth to these rumors? 

Hi Moontanman,

The 737 MAX issues and more recent problems with large batteries discharging suddenly in electric car accidents are just two examples of where our current technology has developed faster than the quality assurance processes that will guarantee safety to all users (passive or otherwise) of those technologies.

Apparently many birds are 'plucked' by communications towers according to Scientific American. https://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/communication-towers-pluck-birds-13-01-29/?redirect=1

Presently they turn off most of the equipment on communications towers when maintenance is being done to stop the technicians/riggers from getting fried. Most of the danger is from point to point microwave transmitters that have a highly focused beam and not the equipment used exclusively for the mobile network.

Around 10 years ago I lived 3 houses up from a Telephone exchange that had a communications tower at the back. I would sit on my back verandah and watch the Sulfur Crested Cockatoos chew up the plastic insulation on the cabling that went to the attached phone network and microwave transmitters and then watch the technicians come out a month or so later and replace multiple pieces of damaged equipment.

While correctly operating 5G network transmission equipment will not produce harmful waves there is no telling what will happen when these systems aren't operating as they should due to storm or animal damage. While the following is not in the 5G band I was surprised what can be done deliberately through manipulating/pulsing and wondered what could be done unintentionally. https://www.nrl.navy.mil/news/releases/nrl-scientists-produce-densest-artificial-ionospheric-plasma-clouds-using-haarp

Also, as mobile phone networks have only been around for 30 years so far we can only wonder what bandwidths 6, 7 and 8G etc networks will use in the future?

Edited by LaurieAG
layout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think, ideally some other ways to increase bandwidth should be used other than increasing working frequency. For example vortex radio waves promise almost unlimited bandwidth. https://www.extremetech.com/computing/190408-towards-infinite-capacity-wireless-networks-with-twisted-vortex-radio-waves

Desirably some not too high frequency should be used like 100 MHz. 

 

On 6/9/2019 at 7:29 PM, fiveworlds said:

I seriously doubt they would release 5G if it was dangerous. There has been people living off the wifi is dangerous bandwagon for years. Buy product x to protect you from wifi. If you are worried about it just use ethernet.

We use many things which are harmful and potentially dangerous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Moreno said:

I think, ideally some other ways to increase bandwidth should be used other than increasing working frequency. For example vortex radio waves promise almost unlimited bandwidth. https://www.extremetech.com/computing/190408-towards-infinite-capacity-wireless-networks-with-twisted-vortex-radio-waves

Desirably some not too high frequency should be used like 100 MHz. 

Form the article: "Now, Willner and friends have done much the same thing, but with 28GHz radio waves."

Did you see that? 28 GHz. That is more than 100 MHz. And they managed a distance of 1 metre.

Quote

We use many things which are harmful and potentially dangerous.

Water is many, many times more dangerous than the signals from cellphones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think its true as there is no evidence that 5G is causing any harm to people. The rumor started becoming popular because people started blaming it for covid, which doesn't make sense since 5G came from South Korea in late 2018.

Their main argument is that 5G causes radiation which can harm humans. Our phones rely on radio waves which are on the low end of the electromagnetic spectrum. It not 'enough' to damage any DNA in our cell tissue and still havent proven to cause cancer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.