Do moderators also engage in discussion on this forum?

2 minutes ago, iNow said:

Do you have eyes?

Are you mentally handicapped in some way that we should know about?

Do you realize many questions can easily be answered without posting about them?

I do have eyes.

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia. 

I ask because I don't know. 

25 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Yes, they do but don't, under normal circumstances, moderate those they are involved in.  I think most of them want to chat and answer too, rather than moderate.

Nailed it. Especially the second sentence!

38 minutes ago, Vexen said:

Do moderators also engage in discussion on this forum?

Yes. If you only use a phone you can’t see the “Moderator” label (only just noticed that). 

2 minutes ago, iNow said:

...in some way that we should know about. 

So, you shared, and I asked, why should we know about that?

I'll answer for him: as a means to possibly explain some of his socially unconventional behaviour... instead of letting us think he's being deliberately aggravating.

5 minutes ago, iNow said:

...in some way that we should know about. 

So, you shared, and I asked, why should we know about that?

Schizophrenics sometimes do irrational things. 

14 minutes ago, Vexen said:

Posting about suicide in ethics section.

One of the things we're really strict about here is not trying to doctor anyone. We refer questions like these to professionals, because we care and we trust in their expertise. It's not only an ethical policy, but a legal one as well. Liability is an issue here.

Currently, we're having a staff discussion about how you're forcing our hand wrt your status on the site. It looks like we have to choose between you and the owner's policies. You seem to be sort of flipping out here, and pushing hard against some kind of perceived obstacles. I think you need to take a break, how about you?

21 hours ago, Vexen said:

Posting about suicide in ethics section.

It was more than that. It was asking when you should commit suicide, which has a whole host of connotations that come with it.

Yes we engage in discussion. Normally, we do not moderate in threads where we are discussing things. That rule is relaxed in the Speculations section, because often conversation is required to tease out whether that sections rules are being followed.

As StringJunky has mused and Strange has confirmed, mods generally would prefer to discuss than moderate. Sometimes we will stay out of a conversation where we might like to be a participant, because we see from prior experience that moderation will be required.

22 hours ago, Phi for All said:

One of the things we're really strict about here is not trying to doctor anyone. We refer questions like these to professionals, because we care and we trust in their expertise. It's not only an ethical policy, but a legal one as well. Liability is an issue here.

Currently, we're having a staff discussion about how you're forcing our hand wrt your status on the site. It looks like we have to choose between you and the owner's policies. You seem to be sort of flipping out here, and pushing hard against some kind of perceived obstacles. I think you need to take a break, how about you?

Isn't suicide an ethical question? I know I ask too many questions but I'm looking for answers. How long of a break do you think I need?

1 minute ago, Vexen said:

Isn't suicide an ethical question? I know I ask too many questions but I'm looking for answers. How long of a break do you think I need?

The way you talk about it makes us fear that what we say might be taken the wrong way. You aren't clinical in your discussions, you're very, very personal. It would be unethical for us to discuss suicide with you in that light.

As we've stated here and elsewhere, we can talk about anything until it becomes part of an online diagnosis, then our policy is to do what the site's owners demand, adn refer you to a professional. I'd hoped you could see the reason behind that.

3 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

The way you talk about it makes us fear that what we say might be taken the wrong way. You aren't clinical in your discussions, you're very, very personal. It would be unethical for us to discuss suicide with you in that light.

As we've stated here and elsewhere, we can talk about anything until it becomes part of an online diagnosis, then our policy is to do what the site's owners demand, adn refer you to a professional. I'd hoped you could see the reason behind that.

Yes I see your point.