Split from Would the electron fall into the nucleus if there was an infinite attraction between them?

I said because now its clear that particles oscillate into existance and no existance  and never have any linear or angular momentum , its only radiation Wavel. (photons) those travel and on the way energise particle into existance .

so where is the quation of measuring momentum?

1 minute ago, Rajiv Naik said:

I said because now its clear that particles oscillate into existance and no existance  and never have any linear or angular momentum

They do have momentum.

1 minute ago, Rajiv Naik said:

so where is the quation of measuring momentum?

The momentum of a photon is given by [math]\frac h \lambda[/math]. Where h is Planck's constant and [math]\lambda[/math] is the wavelength: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photon#Physical_properties

2 hours ago, Rajiv Naik said:

Isnt this old. Knowledge, ?

for instance light travels faster than its speed in our own space time and can reach infinite speed. at Periphery of expanding universe.

earlier theories fail here.

Nonsense...light travels at c which is the universal maximum speed....

5 hours ago, Rajiv Naik said:

for instance light travels faster than its speed in our own space time and can reach infinite speed. at Periphery of expanding universe.

This is wrong. Light always travels at the same speed. 

And there is no periphery of the universe. 

I think some fundamental reading on role of virtual particles and expansion of universe faster than light speed is needed.

Do you mean Universe is not expandeng faster than light. ?

all the earlier theories are improving. due to research in quantum physics and string theory.

math is also changing dramatically.

light travels with same speed in water or glass?

12 hours ago, Rajiv Naik said:

Do you mean Universe is not expandeng faster than light. ?

Expansion can't really be described as a speed. The speed at which two points move apart is proportional to their separation. (Because expansion is a scaling effect). So if they are far enough apart then the speed of separation will be greater than c. We can see galaxies receding at more than the speed of light. 

But the speed of light is always the same, c. 

12 hours ago, Rajiv Naik said:

light travels with same speed in water or glass?

That is not what is being discussed 

thanks sir/s for forming this thread .

I am little confused here.

we all know that speed of light varies with density of medium it enters. for ex photons in water or glass .(even wave can be totally stopped and photon entropped.) so how we can say that speed of light is constant? in denser medium it (wave) partly reflects living very litlle information/frequency / energy there , interpreted as colours. Speed of light should have negative value in such cases when it reflects

increasing speed of light in our spacetime is not possible as  photons do bring all the information we perceive and hence we are created by photons, which will not allow us to travel beyond the speed of photons

speed of light is thus limit in  our universe.

if  space fabric is a medium, it must offer resistance which is function of π.

Galaleo measured that gravity follows pie and force on falling object increases at that rate.all our math is thus based on π.. We Know that nature follows golden rule  and fractral geometry..

Why light should behave differently then ?

my pt. is in absolute vaccume any radiation should be capable of exceeding speed of light. that should possibly explain quantum entanglement also.

I feel -in short space is unreal , its created by linear bundles of information broughl. by light and time an illussion without space, its direction being perpendicular to two dimensional information light brings- processed and interpreted by our brain as three dimensional reality.( thats the exact reason we have two eyes?)

this is my attempt to add up various things  I have read and happening at various places in research Work trying to explain the world around.

Are we trapped in spacetime math- and we should change our methods-as in quantum physics this rules are not obeyed bringing us to almost a hault as far as its applications or even modified application like complex numbers are concerned . 

7 hours ago, Rajiv Naik said:

so how we can say that speed of light is constant? 

The speed of light in a vacuum is constant. More importantly it is invariant: the same for all observers.  

8 hours ago, Rajiv Naik said:

It isn't a medium. It is a set of measurements of distance (space) and time. 

8 hours ago, Rajiv Naik said:

We Know that nature follows golden rule  and fractral geometry..

Do we? What is this "golden rule"?

10 hours ago, Rajiv Naik said:

I am little confused here.

we all know that speed of light varies with density of medium it enters. for ex photons in water or glass .(even wave can be totally stopped and photon entropped.) so how we can say that speed of light is constant?

When listening to something someone says to you it is important to know what definition they are using for their words.

Using your own definition, which might be different, can lead to misunderstanding.

Unfortunately sometimes people are lax or imprecise with their words and so misuderstandings can arise because their exact words are not quite what they really meant.

Yes, of course, the speed of light varies with the medium it is passing through.

But do you think that the speed is different in different parts of the glass or water?

I also think that you need to know the differences between constant and invariant, homogenous and isotropic, and various other fundamental terms such as symmetric.

Can you tell me what the statement a and b are constants in the equation y = ax + b means in physics terms and what if any is the relation to homogenous and isotropic?

Are there any invariants in this equation?

Are there any symmetries in this equation?

Note this is all designed to help and further  your understanding.

Edited by studiot

Space is not a medium in the normal sense of the word. "Function of π" is nonsensical, as π is not a variable.

my pt. is in absolute vaccume any radiation should be capable of exceeding speed of light.

The speed of light is defined in a vacuum.

However, you can exclude some modes from the vacuum (this is the basis of the Casimir effect) which is hypothesized to change the index of the vacuum. There is the Scharnhorst effect. It is very small.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scharnhorst_effect

that should possibly explain quantum entanglement also.

No, it would not.

I feel -in short space is unreal , its created by linear bundles of information broughl. by light and time an illussion without space, its direction being perpendicular to two dimensional information light brings- processed and interpreted by our brain as three dimensional reality.( thats the exact reason we have two eyes?)

1. We expect assertions like this to be part of a model, from which you could make predictions. Not wild, unsupported guesses.

2. Stereoscopic vision is adequately explained without this 

But what is this news...  even though its about laser , it talks about photons and speeds in  vacume:

sent a pulse of laser light through cesium vapor so quickly that it left the chamber before it had even finished entering.

The pulse traveled 310 times the distance it would have covered if the chamber had contained a vacuum.

Researchers say it is the most convincing demonstration yet that the speed of light — supposedly an ironclad rule of nature — can be pushed beyond known boundaries, at least under certain laboratory circumstances.

“This effect cannot be used to send information back in time,” said Lijun Wang, a researcher with the private NEC Institute. “However, our experiment does show that the generally held misconception that ‘nothing can travel faster than the speed of light’ is wrong.”

The results were published in Thursday’s issue of the journal Nature.

my second pt. is  any constant becomes variable when unit differes.

In fact there is no  constant in vaccum.depending upon its position in given coordinate system.

mathematically any constant  can include -ve and +ve infinity, complex part of it and even a zero.

I am referring to π in that sense

10 minutes ago, Rajiv Naik said:

But what is this news...

Really bad reporting.

But as you don't provide a source, I can't say any more than that. (I would guess they are mixing up phase and group velocity; that is the usual source of this sort of nonsense.)

12 minutes ago, Rajiv Naik said:

In fact there is no  constant in vaccum.depending upon its position in given coordinate system.

mathematically any constant  can include -ve and +ve infinity, complex part of it and even a zero.

I am referring to π in that sense

I have no idea what that means.

Please explain how a constant such as the speed of light, or the permittivity of free space can contain "+ve infinity". And what does this have to do with π?

3 minutes ago, Strange said:

Really bad reporting.

But as you don't provide a source, I can't say any more than that. (I would guess they are mixing up phase and group velocity; that is the usual source of this sort of nonsense.)

I have no idea what that means.

Please explain how a constant such as the speed of light, or the permittivity of free space can contain "+ve infinity". And what does this have to do with π?

we define light and gravity with math-

galleleo's experiment proved  that gravity travels  with rule  of π.  

In an experiment when a pin is dropped  on a paper with horizontal lines, the probability that it will fall on line or in between line follows π ratio.

so even information we see around us follows π.

some information follow fractals and chaos. but it represents some order..

π. itself is infinite number or at least extreamiy large .

infinity itself  is a concept related to hysenberg uncertainity principle as its about indivisibilty of a unit.

I feel Speed  of light is not constant as believed by many , I have read about there are some experiments which have proved this.

for eg.. following  article is relevant:

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/speed-light-not-so-co

Light doesn’t always travel at the speed of light. A new experiment reveals that focusing or manipulating the structure of light pulses reduces their speed, even in vacuum conditions.

A paper reporting the research, posted online at arXiv.org and accepted for publication, describes hard experimental evidence that the speed of light, one of the most important constants in physics, should be thought of as a limit rather than an invariable rate for light zipping through a vacuum.

“It’s very impressive work,” says Robert Boyd, an optical physicist at the University of Rochester in New York. “It’s the sort of thing that’s so obvious, you wonder why you didn’t think of it first.”

Researchers led by optical physicist Miles Padgett at the University of Glasgow demonstrated the effect by racing photons that were identical except for their structure. The structured light consistently arrived a tad late. Though the effect is not recognizable in everyday life and in most technological applications, the new research highlights a fundamental and previously unappreciated subtlety in the behavior of light.

The speed of light in a vacuum, usually denoted c, is a fundamental constant central to much of physics, particularly Einstein’s theory of relativity. While measuring c was once considered an important experimental problem, it is now simply specified to be 299,792,458 meters per second, as the meter itself is defined in terms of light’s vacuum speed. Generally if light is not traveling at c it is because it is moving through a material. For example, light slows down when passing through glass or water.

Padgett and his team wondered if there were fundamental factors that could change the speed of light in a vacuum. Previous studies had hinted that the structure of light could play a role. Physics textbooks idealize light as plane waves, in which the fronts of each wave move in parallel, much like ocean waves approaching a straight shoreline. But while light can usually be approximated as plane waves, its structure is actually more complicated. For instance, light can converge upon a point after passing through a lens. Lasers can shape light into concentrated or even bull’s-eye–shaped beams.

The researchers produced pairs of photons and sent them on different paths toward a detector. One photon zipped straight through a fiber. The other photon went through a pair of devices that manipulated the structure of the light and then switched it back. Had structure not mattered, the two photons would have arrived at the same time. But that didn’t happen. Measurements revealed that the structured light consistently arrived several micrometers late per meter of distance traveled.

“I’m not surprised the effect exists,” Boyd says. “But it’s surprising that the effect is so large and robust.”

Greg Gbur, an optical physicist at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, says the findings won’t change the way physicists look at the aura emanating from a lamp or flashlight. But he says the speed corrections could be important for physicists studying extremely short light pulses

for exi

46 minutes ago, Rajiv Naik said:

galleleo's experiment proved  that gravity travels  with rule  of π.  

In what way does gravity "travel"?

What is "the rule of pi"?

What does "the rule of pi" have to do with gravity?

How does Galileo's experiment relate to this?

48 minutes ago, Rajiv Naik said:

π. itself is infinite number or at least extreamiy large

It is not extremely large, and certainly not infinite.

Unless you can only count to 2. In which case, pi is beyond anything you can know.

But actually, it is slightly more than 3.

49 minutes ago, Rajiv Naik said:

infinity itself  is a concept related to hysenberg uncertainity principle as its about indivisibilty of a unit.

What is the relationship between infinity and the Heisenberg (note the spelling) uncertainty principle?

And what does "indivisibility of a unit" have to do with either?

53 minutes ago, Rajiv Naik said:

I feel Speed  of light is not constant as believed by many

And your beliefs are unfounded.

53 minutes ago, Rajiv Naik said:

I can't find any such article at that link

24 minutes ago, Rajiv Naik said:

yes π (pie) is 3.14  in matric unit.

What do you mean in "metric units"? It has no units.

And as you know it is approximately 3.14, why did you say it is infinite?

Phi is its counterpart.

What does that mean? In what sense is it its counterpart?

all physics is governed by it except fractal and chaos.

Well it is certainly true that pi appears in a lot of equations, particularly those related to waves. But so do many other natural constants. So I don't think it makes any sense to say that all physics is "governed" by it.

6 hours ago, Rajiv Naik said:

But what is this news...  even though its about laser , it talks about photons and speeds in  vacume:

sent a pulse of laser light through cesium vapor so quickly that it left the chamber before it had even finished entering.

The pulse traveled 310 times the distance it would have covered if the chamber had contained a vacuum.

Researchers say it is the most convincing demonstration yet that the speed of light — supposedly an ironclad rule of nature — can be pushed beyond known boundaries, at least under certain laboratory circumstances.

I doubt the researchers actually said that, since sending light through a Cs vapor means it’s not a vacuum, and that’s the condition for the invariant value of c.

“This effect cannot be used to send information back in time,” said Lijun Wang, a researcher with the private NEC Institute. “However, our experiment does show that the generally held misconception that ‘nothing can travel faster than the speed of light’ is wrong.”

Thevpoint being that once the light is in a medium, you can exceed the transmission speed.

The results were published in Thursday’s issue of the journal Nature.

my second pt. is  any constant becomes variable when unit differes.

It’s not a matter of the units.

I am referring to π in that sense

I can’t parse any meaning here. Your reference to π makes no sense.

13 minutes ago, Strange said:

What do you mean in "metric units"? It has no units.

And as you know it is approximately 3.14, why did you say it is infinite?

What does that mean? In what sense is it its counterpart?

Well it is certainly true that pi appears in a lot of equations, particularly those related to waves. But so do many other natural constants. So I don't think it makes any sense to say that all physics is "governed" by it.

I'm not going to derive it, it isn't too difficult to show that for a pendulum with a small angle the period of oscillation is:

What if I want a period of 2 seconds?

That is the length of your seconds pendulum. Suppose we want to call this 1 meter? In that case, I have to have g = π2. That's why these values are related.

Just now, Rajiv Naik said:

I'm not going to derive it, it isn't too difficult to show that for a pendulum with a small angle the period of oscillation is:

That is the length of your seconds pendulum. Suppose we want to call this 1 meter? In that case, I have to have g = π2. That's why these values are related.

I

screenshot_2_27_13_3_07_pm.jpg

screenshot_2_27_13_3_09_pm.jpg

whatever I am saying  here is in terms of unit-

as per matric system. 

Finally managed to track this down. The correct URL is: https://www.sciencenews.org/article/speed-light-not-so-constant-after-all

Measurements revealed that the structured light consistently arrived several micrometers late

The author is a scientific illiterate!

Greg Gbur, an optical physicist at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, says the findings won’t change the way physicists look at the aura emanating from a lamp or flashlight.

"Aura"?

rate at which acceleration due to gravity happens is directly proportional to  square of Pi

we cant look at mathematics only as numbers or variables- they are just references to make some methods to solve geometry problems.

there can be terally different apronutri

I think π  is not just another constant.

5 minutes ago, Rajiv Naik said:

That doesn't change the value of pi though. which is what you implied.

6 minutes ago, Rajiv Naik said:

That is the length of your seconds pendulum. Suppose we want to call this 1 meter?

It isn't 1 metre.

28 minutes ago, Rajiv Naik said:

rate at which acceleration due to gravity happens is directly proportional to  square of Pi

There is an approximate relationship because of the way the metre is defined. But there is no direct connection.

The acceleration due to gravity can't be proportional to pi, because pi is a constant: if you go to the Moon or Mars, you will not find the same relationship.