iNow

Democrats Get CRUSHED in 2018 Midterms!

4 hours ago, Ten oz said:

Florida's deadline for the machine recount was 3 p.m. Thursday, and while most of the 67 counties finished and submitted the new results in time, Broward County missed the deadline by two minutes, submitting its machine recount at 3:02 p.m. The state rejected Broward's submission.

OK, that seems to be arbitrarily stupid.

Edit: talking about stupid:

After spending more than 15 years studying ballot design, we are well aware that the layout, visual design and navigation of ballots matters and has affected the outcomes of elections, as it might have in Florida.

In Broward County, according to MCI Maps, about 3.7 percent (30,896) of voters skipped voting for U.S. senator — as much as 2.5 percent more than in most other counties, and a lot more than neighboring counties. In fact, more people in Broward County voted for the commissioner of agriculture and county CFO than for their U.S. senator. As of Sunday, the two Senate candidates are separated by 12,562 votes statewide; there were 24,992 fewer votes cast for senator than for governor in Broward.

[...]

It’s a common design: vertical page layout with three columns. The instructions start at the top of the left hand column. And there, tucked into the bottom left corner under the instructions and perhaps easily missed, are the candidates for senator and representative in Congress.

Considering all the effort surrounding elections and the fact that campaigning for the next election in the US pretty much seem start the day after any given election, this looks like a rather huge oversight...

7 hours ago, Ten oz said:

Difference being I am citing what is actually going on and you are quibing loose analogies. 

Difference being that I am making a sports analogy tongue-in-cheek, not even stating my opinion, and you are stating your opinion and claiming it as fact.

19 hours ago, Ten oz said:

One side is asking for an accurate count of votes and requesting the time needed for officials to perform such a count. The other side is attempting to prevent an accurate count.

On 11/16/2018 at 2:21 PM, J.C.MacSwell said:

Difference being that I am making a sports analogy tongue-in-cheek, not even stating my opinion, and you are stating your opinion and claiming it as fact.

You analogy implies the same both sides nonsense you consistently imply. Claiming you may or may not mean it is worthless. The sentiment is also poorly informed.  

When I make claims I nearly also provide a citation for the data I am citing. You just post "tungue-in-cheek" stuff you lack the intellectual integrity to even stand behind. 

Edited by Ten oz

4 hours ago, Ten oz said:

You analogy implies the same both sides nonsense you consistently imply. Claiming you may or may not mean it is worthless. The sentiment is also poorly informed.  

When I make claims I nearly also provide a citation for the data I am citing. You just post "tungue-in-cheek" stuff you lack the intellectual integrity to even stand behind. 

Is that like when you cite something that doesn't support your position, and when you have it pointed out you are unable to admit it because your confirmation bias is so high you cannot see that you are clearly wrong?

No. You just can't stand a moderate position where someone can see both sides. Everything is "False Equivalency!" if they don't see your's alone.

Even this...the latest you took exception to...if you were a Trump supporter I could see a mild objection to it...but no...not enough "Democrats can do no wrong" in it for your liking:

On 11/15/2018 at 7:06 PM, J.C.MacSwell said:

It seems more like a battle between two sports teams than an honest legal process...with Trump "rising" to WWE level.