Would anyone like to win a bookshop?

studiot

I would love something like that.  I wish there were more pictures.  It looks like they sell lattes, so I would like to have a nice coffee bar, perhaps with a liquor license so I could sell Irish Cream, wine and Dirty Drunken Chia, of course. 

I would like room for a nice comfortable atmosphere where people would feel invited to stay awhile and read whatever they wanted.  Maybe even incorporate a digital pdf licensing system where people can access any ebook with the purchase of a drink or two.

7 hours ago, MigL said:

That would be great.
I would have time to do all the reading I wanted.
I wouldn't have to bother with mundane, everyday stuff.

Then, my eyeglasses would break.

Damn you, Burgess Merideth

We must be the same age. :P

14 minutes ago, zapatos said:

We must be the same age

It's interesting that the owner, at 57 is looking to retire from this place.  I would think this is something that you would like to retire into, if that make sense?  Maybe it's not all cracked up to be what it seems.  After all, the guy is practically paying to give it away.

15 minutes ago, DirtyChai said:

It's interesting that the owner, at 57 is looking to retire from this place.  I would think this is something that you would like to retire into, if that make sense?  Maybe it's not all cracked up to be what it seems.  After all, the guy is practically paying to give it away.

However, with Mr Morris' osteoarthritis worsening over the years he reluctantly decided to call it a day 

3 minutes ago, MigL said:

Me and Zap ( I think ) were referring to an old, BnW episode of the Twilight Zone, staring Burgess Merideth ( the Penguin ), called All the Time in the World ( I believe ).

I haven't seen it, but may have read the short story. Is that the one where they guy gets roped in to help a traveller form the future steal all of the most important art, etc using a device that stops time? And then at the end, in a nasty twist, he finds out why ...

Burgess loves to read. That's how he would like to spend his life if he only had the time. He even has super thick Coke bottle eyeglasses.

Can't remember the details, but some apocalypse causes the end of the world and only Burgess survives. He goes to the library and gathers all the books he's ever wanted to read, sorts them by category and the year going forward that he intends to read them. A life of reading bliss awaits him. He couldn't possibly be happier.

Then he stumbles, his glasses fall off and shatter. Oops!

15 minutes ago, zapatos said:

Burgess loves to read. That's how he would like to spend his life if he only had the time. He even has super thick Coke bottle eyeglasses.

Can't remember the details, but some apocalypse causes the end of the world and only Burgess survives. He goes to the library and gathers all the books he's ever wanted to read, sorts them by category and the year going forward that he intends to read them. A life of reading bliss awaits him. He couldn't possibly be happier.

Then he stumbles, his glasses fall off and shatter. Oops!

Ah. Not the same one then!