Petrol fuel lock facility in two wheelers vehicles.

prashantakerkar

Is Petrol fuel lock facility available in all two wheelers vehicles Viz Bikes, Motorcycles, Scooters etc ?

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant S Akerkar

Bike.jpeg

Motorcycle.jpeg

Scooter.jpeg

Thanks.

Got information that Petrol fuel lock facility is available on the Two wheeler.

But in spite of this there are stealing incidents of Petrol fuel.

What is the solution for this?

Quality locks which cannot be easily tampered could be the solution ?

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant S Akerkar

Edited by prashantakerkar
Content

5 hours ago, prashantakerkar said:

What is the solution for this?

Quality locks which cannot be easily tampered could be the solution ?

A desperate thief can even drill a fuel tank..

Thank you.

Do you feel a mechanical lock password can be installed / fixed on the petrol door box of the two wheeler vehicle ?. This are been currently used in suitcases / briefcases / luggage bags.

If feasible, do you feel this can provide additional security to the two wheeler vehicle from petrol fuel stealing thieves? 

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant S Akerkar

Mechanical password lock.jpeg

Content.

There are gas caps (the threaded bit you screw onto the petrol container to keep the fuel in) that lock and only open with keys. Most motorcycles I've ever seen/owned have this.

Are you asking for a way to introduce another layer of security on top of those, or something else?

Aluminum-Motorcycle-Fuel-Gas-Cap-Cover-L

Thanks.

Either a extra security by adding Mechanical password lock mechanism along with the current lock key mechanism.

I.e Two Locks.

Or

Replacing the current mechanical key lock mechanism with mechanical password lock mechanism.

I.e One Lock.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant S Akerkar

Mechanical password lock 1.jpeg

Thanks.

Thieves will find it difficult to break the 4 digit password set on the mechanical lock of the two wheeler similar to the 4 digit pin we set on the ATM debit card of the Bank.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant S Akerkar

Content

1 hour ago, prashantakerkar said:

Thieves will find it difficult to break the 4 digit password set on the mechanical lock of the two wheeler similar to the 4 digit pin we set on the ATM debit card of the Bank.

I think a cheap combination lock is easier to break into than a cheap key lock (or at least, no harder). The only advantage is that you don't need a key. But you have a key for the bike already so there is no advantage.

On 2018-08-08 at 4:30 AM, prashantakerkar said:

Got information that Petrol fuel lock facility is available on the Two wheeler.

On many bike models it is easy to access the fuel line, the thief doesn't need to tamper with the gas cap. A locking fuel tap may give som additional security, Google for "locking fuel tap motorcycle".

2 hours ago, prashantakerkar said:

Is it easy to find the 4 digit password set for the petrol door mechanical lock of two wheeler vehicle?

Yes. When I was at school I would regularly undo the locks on people's bikes (not to steal them, just to show off).

Is it easy to pick a lock on a petrol cap? Probably not quite as easy. But as the thief doesn't care about damage, they just have to jam a big screwdriver into the lock and twist. 

The lock on a petrol cap is just a mild deterrent - to make a potential thief try another one to see if it is unlocked. You need to consider the cost-benefit analysis: is it worth spending time and money on a more secure petrol cap when it is only a very minor problem for most people?

If there are some people who live in an area where this is a big problem, then they can buy and fit a more secure petrol cap.